Mega Thread Trade and List Management discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if we will be one of the more active clubs during trade period. I'm not sold that we are close enough to our window to go for our one hit wonder kinda players, so with our age profile, may be better just to head to the draft for the most part.

I know, just like yourself I am also shocked by 'the call that cut Carmody!'

Whoops. I misread the page and thought that Carmody was "cut" because of Bennells line snorting antics. Reading comprehension was never my strong suit.

Carmody's the GC Suns coach, right?

We should trade for him, he'd be worth the risk.

paddling+blackadder.jpg

Funny Garlett's name should come up. Reckon the Hawks would take the chance? Cats? Pies? Think only a big club with some really good leadership could save him.

Funny Garlett's name should come up. Reckon the Hawks would take the chance? Cats? Pies? Think only a big club with some really good leadership could save him.

Worked so well for the Hawks last time :).

I think most clubs would accept the enourmity of trying to turn this rubbish around. Massive task to chance his behaviour given he has taken the complete piss, formed habits and gotton away with it up there.

This photo will likely cost him a fortune in his next contract. Silly sausage.

Am I the only one sick of the football media?
Do we really need to plaster a kid doing lines of speed all over the back of the newspaper?
This gutter journalism is ruining the sport for both the fans and the participants. Why do we need to know about any of it?

Totally agree. Tabloid journos have crept into the mainstream AFL media over the last few years. The total numpty in the glasses and his "exclusive footy show" releases really pushed it into the front ranks and the footy public just accepted it. It's crap :(

What's more stupid? Harley doing the coke or Harley having a photo of him taken doing coke?
Look I really hate how these young kids are hanged out to dry by the media and general footballing public. These are young dudes who have hit the big time and earn more money than what they need. That being said, I hope they get a swift kick up the backside before it escalates from recreational use to something more devastating. I hope gcs and the afl give these kids the help they need.

Worked so well for the Hawks last time :).

I think most clubs would accept the enourmity of trying to turn this rubbish around. Massive task to chance his behaviour given he has taken the complete piss, formed habits and gotton away with it up there.

This photo will likely cost him a fortune in his next contract. Silly sausage.

Yeah but the Hawks are pretty smart. You don't get to where they are being stupid. Maybe Garlett did make them a little gun shy though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do we really need to plaster a kid doing lines of speed all over the back of the newspaper?
This gutter journalism is ruining the sport for both the fans and the participants. Why do we need to know about any of it?
Pathetic guttersniping that achieves nothing.

"Look at the example this AFL footballer is setting". Who would be seeing it if not for them?

This sort of publishing does nothing but normalise drug use, completely at odds with their fake "drugs are bad mmmkayyy" agenda.

Absolute bullshit to be placed posting that s**t in the papers. Its not our problem ffs. No player should be pubicly named for drug use (performance enhancing aside of course), let the clubs deal with it in house, however they see fit.

Anyway, absolutely pick the corpse of GC this off season, with plenty of due dilligance in regards to who is the problem and whose just caught up in the problem. Should be some bargains who want to walk away from that club this year.

Agree Immortal , a front page photo is as bad as it can get . These blokes are plainly dickheads at this young age, but I don't want him destroyed.

I think it's a great time to lure kids like KK, O'Meara and maybe even Swallow back to Victoria...

GCS will be the most active during the trade period. They need a big broom to change a crap culture and get some really experienced players will a good moral code up there. Could see Minson and Stevens assisting an O'Meara trade.

Seems to me journalistic integrity and ethics is a thing of the past. It comes across to me that some journalists only job is to ruin people with little concern of any implications.

Agree Immortal , a front page photo is as bad as it can get . These blokes are plainly dickheads at this young age, but I don't want him destroyed.

Some kids only have their footy, and nothing else. I don't know Bennell but I do know that a lot of Aboriginal footballers don't bring baggage to the club, but more so family who get carried away with the stardom of playing afl. And nobody turns away family...regardless of the cost.

Seems to me journalistic integrity and ethics is a thing of the past. It comes across to me that some journalists only job is to ruin people with little concern of any implications.

Sealed his fate I reckon

I think it's a great time to lure kids like KK, O'Meara and maybe even Swallow back to Victoria...

GCS will be the most active during the trade period. They need a big broom to change a crap culture and get some really experienced players will a good moral code up there. Could see Minson and Stevens assisting an O'Meara trade.

None of those three are even from Vic, lol.

Actually made the same mistake with Talia a month ago. Really need to check my "Made In xxxx" facts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back