Moved Thread #1: Majak Daw -

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Waite is no worse than Petrie
And no worse than brown
Bag him for stuffing up At least he is getting a touch
This is the issue. All three have been equally good or bad, depending how you look at it, hovering between mediocre and reasonable. Not good enough, not bad enough. Cant justify one getting dropped over the other. Cant justify any being a lock. Rock and hard place.

This is the issue. All three have been equally good or bad, depending how you look at it, hovering between mediocre and reasonable. Not good enough, not bad enough. Cant justify one getting dropped over the other. Cant justify any being a lock. Rock and hard place.
Drop em all and bring in the black wood door.

Absolutely agree. In the meantime, maybe we try the guy that makes a 150 game full back like Merret sh*t his pants when he looks at him in his first game. Petrie, Brown and Waite are too similar for mine.

I was sold a while ago on bringing Maj in.

Dont expect to see Maj in the side anytime soon.

Currie out for 2 weeks with a foot issue. Means Maj will play sparingly up forward, will have to ruck & god knows he's not cracking the side as a part time ruckman.

Personally I think Majak in form is infinitely more dangerous than any of our forwards in the event that we aren't giving clean possession. He physically has a tonne more tricks up his sleeve and can force the defenders structure to change. I just don't see the same ability to drop in front of him as he can sit on your head and apply ground level pressure.

We have 3 tall leading forwards and are struggling to get enough separation in the midfield to deliver well to them - something has to change.

If we don't develop Majak into a superstar, we seriously may as well pack up, trade out anyone over 27 and start again. We have a list full of good to very good footballers, but to me only Majak has the ability to be an outright superstar (a few could be very good footballers), I know he has limitations and not for one minute do I think this will be easy, but we must bite the bullet and back Majak in, I don't want to die wondering.

Taking Waite was always going to be an impact on our young forwards development, but I thought Waite could play in the back half.

Currie out for 2 weeks with a foot issue. Means Maj will play sparingly up forward, will have to ruck & god knows he's not cracking the side as a part time ruckman.

So, the rest of the year.....

4. After a quiet fist term on defender Michael Jamison, a strategic move saw Majak Daw ignite the Tigers.

“He struggled to use his strength in the one on ones against Jamison but started jumping at the footy and attacking it more as the game wore on. John Lamont then moved him into the midfield and he almost single handedly got them back into the contest.” – Ben Dyer

If we don't develop Majak into a superstar, we seriously may as well pack up, trade out anyone over 27 and start again. We have a list full of good to very good footballers, but to me only Majak has the ability to be an outright superstar (a few could be very good footballers), I know he has limitations and not for one minute do I think this will be easy, but we must bite the bullet and back Majak in, I don't want to die wondering.

Taking Waite was always going to be an impact on our young forwards development, but I thought Waite could play in the back half.

Or worse still, watch Daw superstar for another team.

I sort of find it amusing that everyone's shitting themselves about losing Black, who's contracted for another two years, who's been struggling in the VFL.

And here we have Daw tearing the VFL a new a-hole and out of contract at the end of the year.

It's very odd

I said in the Black thread that we are likely to lose him. I know Fremantle, collingwood,Melbourne,dogs have been sniffing. Brisbane big players too.

I said in the Black thread that we are likely to lose him. I know Fremantle, collingwood,Melbourne,dogs have been sniffing. Brisbane big players too.

If Black walks because he can't force his way into the side then I'm cool with that. If he keeps playing good footy and we don't reward him with games, then I'd be shitty at the club.
I think if Black plays well enough he'll get a senior call up.

What really worries me is that Daw, our most in form forward is playing in the VFL and can't get anything but a token emergency naming.
It's not like our 3 key forwards are killing it either, they are averaging a combined 4.7 goals per game.

I don't care who comes out but we have to reward Majaks form.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I sort of find it amusing that everyone's shitting themselves about losing Black, who's contracted for another two years, who's been struggling in the VFL.

And here we have Daw tearing the VFL a new a-hole and out of contract at the end of the year.

It's very odd
Exactly how I feel.

I see Maj moving on at the end of the year. I see us getting 5/8ths of f all. I see him then kicking 5 on us next year (twice) and the same the following year. I see us then trying to swap our 1st rounder in the following year for Maj after Dish and Waite pull up studs.

7928f2735690f03bfadfa12fed81f987.jpg

This is the most under-the-radar return to AFL football that I think Majak Daw is actually capable of. I believe that this will be a good thing. There's no spotlight on him whatsoever, he's just another player coming in to the firsts after a period of fantastic VFL form. Hopefully he plays a great game.

This is the most under-the-radar return to AFL football that I think Majak Daw is actually capable of. I believe that this will be a good thing. There's no spotlight on him whatsoever, he's just another player coming in to the firsts after a period of fantastic VFL form. Hopefully he plays a great game.

Nek minute Maj spoof peice in the sun

And if he doesn't, hopefully the blowtorch isn't unleashed with a vengeance. Hopefully.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back