Opinion Coach: James Hird

Essendon supporters only - Should James Hird be sacked?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You see a better option on the list? Hooker has been protected from every hard leading forward for two years.
Hooker has played some great games on Reiwoldt in the past, Roughy was close to BOG last week because he ran hurls ragged. The writing was on the wall and the same thing was always going to happen today. Reiwoldt had 21 touches 12 marks and 4 goals.

- 'Accumulators' as subs. Dear god why do we do this? Wait scratch that, I know why. It's because we aren't ballsy enough at the selection table and try to take the safest possible options, inevitably leaving us with one extra inside midfielder than we need; who we inevitably play as sub. STOP IT. If they aren't good enough to play in the first 21, they shouldn't be playing. Use a burst player (see Dalgleish, Edwards, Browne, Dempsey). For crying out loud that isn't hard.

This^^^^^

Complete bullshit.

There are very few who say its not his fault. In fact there are probably none.

What most are saying is his first 3 years + current circumstances should be enough slack to see how he goes next year.

Imo thats fair enough. Our list was always rated as no injuries sneak into finals. No one in the entire footy world rated us as more than that.

Jesus you are delusional....

Yesterday I was fully of the opinion that he should at least Coach out his current contract. After today's insipid performance and more telling, his 1/4 break talks and his post-game presser, I 100% want him sacked before tomorrow. There is no way you can coach when you don't have the respect and support of the players. And when you don't, you don't come out after the game, and during the game, and talk and act the way you did.

No, you are just a hater and can't think rationally and are blinded by that hate. You have your pedestal now seeing we are losing so go for it.
sYtLAT3.jpg

We could win three spoons in a row and you would still think everyone but hird is at fault

We could win three spoons in a row and you would still think everyone but hird is at fault

I've said plenty of times, results determine a coaches fate. You don't get the results your head is on the chopping block.

I'd be happy for him to get the ass when its time. I'd be happy for any player to get traded when it improves the team and club. The time is not now for the coach as there are exceptional circumstances to deal with.

I'd see how it is panning out mid year next year and if things aren't looking up then we make a call then. In the meantime, get some draft picks, trade and reset.

Massive boys club, on and off field. Can't buy premierships anymore so we are struggling. Arrogance is our own downfall.

Time to admit mistakes and make some fundamental changes. The good news is, there still a bloody good core of good footballers on our list despite negative morons in the media

Sent from my SM-T330 using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The drafting has been good since 2008, I'd keep Merv Keane. Wouldn't have a problem with Dodoro leaving.

Dodork is list & recruiting manager
Merv Keane is senior recruiting manager

I do agree with the majority that maybe it's time to refreshed the club up in regards to Dodo bird

Hooker has played some great games on Reiwoldt in the past, Roughy was close to BOG last week because he ran hurls ragged. The writing was on the wall and the same thing was always going to happen today. Reiwoldt had 21 touches 12 marks and 4 goals.

We don't play Hooker on hard leading forwards and we dont do it for a reason.

don't pick them then. I expected us to lose today, but plus 100 is stuffed up beyond repair.
I think we'll get one of those regardless

Me picking Essendon this week has no relationship to you and others mis-reading the tea leaves - I selected EFC this week because we will have some good weeks until WADA finishes - Of course I can't read the players mind.

Riewoldt has played better in the last three weeks than he did today - You need to watch games to give valued opinions.

Let's say hypothetically Hird cops the sack sometime this season, who would be the front runner for the job in 2016? Bolton, Dew, Tudor?? Any ideas??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back