Delisted #24: Alex Browne - Now at Northern Blues - Retired from footy - 2/5

Remove this Banner Ad

Whilst I realise that, he is pretty much the least suited in the 22 to be playing at AFL level as well.

It's great isn't it?

We all got fooled into thinking that the look toward the next generation was also part of an acknowledgement about the types of players you need if you are going to be a good team, and yet I'm here as pissed off with the selections as I've been at any time I can remember.

We're playing our All Australian key defender forward, refusing to select a second ruck (when we don't have that or a second key forward target) seemingly to play Steinberg who, as much as I respect his VFL performances, has about as much chance as I do of being an AFL standard key defender, playing O'Brien as a midfielder who could not win a meaningful clearance to save himself, holding on to Howlett who has the same problem and have now dropped Kav never having given him a run as the centre square midfielder he was drafted to be.

I am trying desperately to understand but I can't seem to get there.

Have had this bloke aa a spare defender in my afl fantasy team for the last 4 weeks. Really happy for the both of us that he's finally getting a game.

I like how vetsatile he is, as a winger as well as a good rebounding half-back flanker. And i think there's reason to hope he can eventually improve his inside game and become a more even player too.

Considering it's his first game since 2012, what are we expecting?
30 disposals, 7 marks and 5 goals.

In all honesty I'd take 20 disposals and a goal.

I want him to kick more of those snaps that go 60m in the air. Even if he's taking a set shot

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On a brighter note, that was the first win at senior level that Alex has ever played in!

The Alex Browne Effect is finally broken. ;)
Amazing to think he was taken the same draft as Heppell, and Heppell was captaining his first game for the club while Browne played his first win!

Amazing to think he was taken the same draft as Heppell, and Heppell was captaining his first game for the club while Browne played his first win!
Heppell captained the other game without Watson this year, so no.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back