Review Round 15 - GWS Giants vs St. Kilda, Sunday July 12th, 1.10pm, Spotless Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Watching the Lions ressies and enjoying the Giants being well ahead.

Get to the Gabba and WTF? C'mon Giants!

One bad quarter, otherwise a workmanlike performance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Needed that.

A couple of losses, a couple of key injuries, a couple more close losses, threatened to ruin what was an excellent start to the season. A month ago I was thinking this would be an easy win, after last week (them by 110 us by -9) I was thinking... Mmmm... not so much.

But for the first ten minutes of the third quarter, though, it was pretty much under control the whole game.

Defence really stood up today and Jezza was outstanding.

Happy with that.

Good to see the boys steady. I have been happy to defend Ads a bit, and another 30 touches today makes it hard to say this, but he is cruising. He can go in harder and he can run both ways harder, but he isn't. Cogs showed the way: back from a shoulder injury and 17 tackles...17! Now that is putting it on the line for your mates. Toby, Griff, Sculls, Palmer, Steele, Ward...the list goes on of guys who put themselves in harms way time and time again. Ads just cruises for most of the time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Williams has had a good few weeks in a row now. Feel like people are watching Treloar wearing a different jumper, he stood up when Shiel went off.

Williams has had a good few weeks in a row now. Feel like people are watching Treloar wearing a different jumper, he stood up when Shiel went off.
I know what your saying, and I pretty much said the same thing last week. He is doing well and truly enough to hold his spot. Today I thought he could have had a bigger impact on the game. And let's face it, it shouldn't take a teammate to go down for you to lift...I don't actually think his game lifted today. Anyway, I don't want to sound too negative, so I cease there. Really want the guy signed up to us asap.

If shiel is out do we bring in Kelly/WHE for some more run or do we give Barrett a chance? Would also like to see lamb come in as his form deserves a call up

Couldnt make the trip into Sydney, safety first this weekend. I have never seen as much snow in my life.
Our defenders won that game for us, and well done to Downie and Lobb, both guys are really taking the opportunity.

If shiel is out do we bring in Kelly/WHE for some more run or do we give Barrett a chance? Would also like to see lamb come in as his form deserves a call up
Will need some speed, so possibly WHE? How did he go this week in the magoos? If not so great, then Kelly I reckon. Barrett would get his chance if one of our inside guys goes down.

Couldnt make the trip into Sydney, safety first this weekend. I have never seen as much snow in my life.
Our defenders won that game for us, and well done to Downie and Lobb, both guys are really taking the opportunity.
I don't know how many times I said that to my daughter who was with me at the game today. Particularly well worn phrase in the third qtr!

In other good news, our average crowd at Spotless after 5 games this year is almost the same as after 5 games last year - without the benefit of the Swans derby.

We have something to play for this year with our remaining games, so let's get that average even higher.

Congrats to the fans getting out there.
happy with just under 10k for what was terrible weather in the lead up and, with respect, playing the Saints.
Shows the growth.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

I think they announced that all GA tickets for the Swans game have sold out. Not sure how many there are but it bodes well for a 20K + crowd.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back