Movie What's the last movie you saw? (4)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Short term 12: Really great performances from the whole cast and an absolute stand out in Brie Larson. Beautifully shot and expertly directed, this was a fairly effecting peice on a depressing subject in childhood abuse. So well done you felt as though you were'nt actually watching a work of fiction. Recommended.

7 Days in Hell

Even for 42min, this HBO "mini-movie" is pretty slight.

But there's some funny stuff in this broad tennis piss-take.

Michael Sheen is a crack-up as a sleazy pervert TV host...

Funny seeing people that thought Inside Out was too geared towards kids, all I've spoken to have unanimously agreed that a lot of the humour would have simply gone right over childrens' heads.

Maybe a lot of the humour went over the adults heads? :p

I haven't seek it yet, but reckon the trailers look pretty interesting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Prometheus (2012) - missed this one at the time and wish i'd seen it at the cinema tbh. Really excellent cast and performances with Fassbender and Rapace being the standouts. Really a lot to like and look forward to any sequels. 8/10

If you can, get your hands on the fanedit version called 'Prometheus - Giftbearer' which is discussed a bit in the movies thread here -

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/prometheus.843695/page-10#post-36723943

I am one of many that found the fanedit to be a far superior product.

Kingsmen - 3 stars.

My favourite part was when the Princess let him have anal sex with her because he saved the world. I mean, that's obviously what women want after being locked in a prison cell by a blood thirsty psychopath. Nice touch the dedication to his Mum that came up right after. Bet she would have been stoked!

Rest of the film was pretty good but.

Lucy. Pretty interesting, good action but not mind-blowing in terms of the script. I preferred Limitless, which was in a similar vein but with no OP telekinetic powers etc. Would give this 7/10.

Although, now that I think about it, Limitless made no sense when it came to borrowing 100k from a Russian mobster when he was making so much money on the stock market.

Kingsmen - 3 stars.

My favourite part was when the Princess let him have anal sex with her because he saved the world. I mean, that's obviously what women want after being locked in a prison cell by a blood thirsty psychopath. Nice touch the dedication to his Mum that came up right after. Bet she would have been stoked!

Rest of the film was pretty good but.

Disagree! Solid Flick.

At least 4/5!

Wait that was the part that broke your suspension of disbelief? Not the woman with blades on her legs or radio frequency that made people insane?

Prometheus (2012) - missed this one at the time and wish i'd seen it at the cinema tbh. Really excellent cast and performances with Fassbender and Rapace being the standouts. Really a lot to like and look forward to any sequels. 8/10

Shhhhhhhh. Now look at what you've started. :)

One of the most misunderstood movies of recent times. Watch it a couple of times and the hate drops off quickly.

One of those movies that will be appreciated more, as time goes by.

MARVELS ANT-MAN (3D - Atmos Dolby)

MV5BMjM2NTQ5Mzc2M15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNTcxMDI2NTE@._V1__SX1008_SY421_.jpg

I went into this with lowest of low expectations. I came out glowing full of praise.

Marvel and Stan Lee continue to excited our senses. This film deviated from the crash bang of the Avengers, and added humour as its secondary weapon. P Rudd won me over, although i summised that's because you dont get to see him all the time. Let the suit do the talking.

the movie i felt suited (see what i did there) people of all ages and races. a multicultural cast featuring elf (e. lily), mexican (pena), african american who steals (TI), and i think a russian good in IT.

special effects were very good. michael douglas played hank pym very well. when he speaks you listen. he has that affect.

villain yellowjacket, yeah did his bit.

the real stars of the show were the ants. beautiful creatures.

themes - size doesn't matter. nature > us. we have a lot to learn from ants.

child friendly? - yes, although some scenes may scare children. i counted less than 10 swear words.

criticisms - not enough was done to explain what different species of ants do.

plenty of cameos to keep you entertained on an your feet.

mid credits?
[x] yes

almost post credits?
[x] yes

Previews seen - star wars - force awakens (3D), Pan (3D), fantastic 4

Boogie Nights: 7.5/10 hadn't seen this before and was keen to see mark Wahlberg in one of his first gigs, pretty good flick about the pr0n world with plenty of good scenes

the big lebowski: 8/10 hadn't seen this either and loved it, i loved the dudes characters, i felt like he had no idea what was going on the whole time and Daniels was brilliant in the role, one i will watch again to gain a better appreciation i think

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back