Movie What's the last movie you saw? (4)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hercules - I was hesitant, hence not watching until now, however I didn't mind it at all In fact I liked it!

Jack and Jill - watched for the funny because it's bad factor - yeah it's bad, but funny here and there. Not sure how Pacino go involved :s

MARVELS ANT-MAN (3D - Atmos Dolby)

MV5BMjM2NTQ5Mzc2M15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNTcxMDI2NTE@._V1__SX1008_SY421_.jpg

I went into this with lowest of low expectations. I came out glowing full of praise.

Marvel and Stan Lee continue to excited our senses. This film deviated from the crash bang of the Avengers, and added humour as its secondary weapon. P Rudd won me over, although i summised that's because you dont get to see him all the time. Let the suit do the talking.

the movie i felt suited (see what i did there) people of all ages and races. a multicultural cast featuring elf (e. lily), mexican (pena), african american who steals (TI), and i think a russian good in IT.

special effects were very good. michael douglas played hank pym very well. when he speaks you listen. he has that affect.

villain yellowjacket, yeah did his bit.

the real stars of the show were the ants. beautiful creatures.

themes - size doesn't matter. nature > us. we have a lot to learn from ants.

child friendly? - yes, although some scenes may scare children. i counted less than 10 swear words.

criticisms - not enough was done to explain what different species of ants do.

plenty of cameos to keep you entertained on an your feet.

mid credits?
[x] yes

almost post credits?
[x] yes

Previews seen - star wars - force awakens (3D), Pan (3D), fantastic 4

another criticism of the evening - someone was sitting in my seat. this person, i saw person because it may have been male of female. bad skin, very thin hair, short. i advised that he/she was in my seat. there was a brief disagreement. i pointed to the number, he/she vacated. problem was the seat was very warm. had unpleasant b.o. as expected when you see such films.

on the flip side, the girl 2 seats from me was cute, without being a stunner. her laugh was penetrating, infectious but at times annoying. it was evident she's a BIG fan of paul rudd, as her breathing became rapid when he was on screen.

Not a fan.
I know it's long but you're missing out bro... :(
Rhett Buttler - what a gent.
Scarlett O'hara - So hawt.

And they still even raise the flag of the Confederacy in this day and age!!!
Let me grab my spectacles and see...

I know it's long but you're missing out bro... :(
Rhett Buttler - what a gent.
Scarlett O'hara - So hawt.

And they still even raise the flag of the Confederacy in this day and age!!!
Let me grab my spectacles and see...
It's so damn long.

I watched North by Northwest on a plane last year and was bored senseless. Why do we need a 30-second take of Cary Grant walking in a hallway? Ridiculous storyline. Could tell why a couple of scenes were iconic however.

Happy to file it in the 'was good at the time' category.

I watched North by Northwest on a plane last year and was bored senseless. Why do we need a 30-second take of Cary Grant walking in a hallway? Ridiculous storyline. Could tell why a couple of scenes were iconic however.

Happy to file it in the 'was good at the time' category.
a) He's Cary Grant
b) Which scene?

I dunno man (withnoname), I saw it a year ago on a plane.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its an Epic.

And yes it's romantic as well...

How old are you boys btw? Just asking.
Old enough to know better, young enough not to care! Put it this way I can remember the first NMFC premiership!

I dunno man (withnoname), I saw it a year ago on a plane.
If Hitch says a 30 second shot of Cary Grant walking up a hallway is needed, then a 30 second shot of Cary Grant walking up a hallway is needed.

peternorth a film worth seeing at the cinemas or could it wait til its on bluray?

talking about ant man

i encourage you and anyone else reading this post to see it at the movies....in 3D. im not a 3d fan as i get scared when things are coming at my face. but this is perfect for 3D.

Predestination - Surprised no one has mentioned it. Excellent low budget time travel movie made in Melbourne. Stars Ethan Hawke and Aussie actress Sarah Snook.

Can't say much about it without giving away the plot. It's a bit like Loopers.

8.5/10
I mentioned it when it first came out. Great movie and Sarah Snook is definitely one worth watching .

The Imitation Game - Reading up on Turing, it seems that the film really manipulated a lot of the facts. Not knowing these things before watching it, meant that I could enjoy a pretty engaging story with typically strong performances from Cumberbatch and Knightley. But now knowing things as they really were, it plays out more like an Oscar bait movie, than a true biopic. 7/10

Kumiko, the Treasure Hunter - Have loved Rinko Kikuchi ever since I saw Babel and she is amazing in this as well, sold her every action/motive to perfection. Story surrounds a Japanese women believing the money buried by Buscemi in Fargo is real and sets off finding it. It has it's dark comedic moments, but mostly it's just a fascinating, if not sympathetic portrayal of this woman. 8.5/10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back