80​
-​
-​
78​
-​
Sorrento​
Cups WR​

Last edited:
its the angle of the lens that gives that impression. erm, yeah i do tee it up a bit to encourage some things

first hole ocean course rated as one of hte most stunning par 5s in the country. ratings, yeah, everyones got one.

Havent played there for about 10 years so cannot recall

1st at St Andrews is an awesome opening hole

Whatever works for you

i used to tee up high to get the ball in the air. it encouraged flight and distance

Fwiw any par 3 i simply play off the deck

Any 3 wood off the tee i apply the laura Davies theory

im jelly to use 3w off the ground. its difficult for me.

laura davis theory? become fat with big cans?

i used to tee up high to get the ball in the air. it encouraged flight and distance

im jelly to use 3w off the ground. its difficult for me.

laura davis theory? become fat with big cans?

Lmao

She almost never uses a tee

Wacks the ground with a club, rests the ball on the mound.

was gonna start a new thread, but given this one gets most traffic ill post here.

anyone hear about rob allanbys caddy walking off the course after a few holes in the open of canada? lol

SEN 1116 morning show interviewed mike (ex caddie) who said RA got personal and called him a fat ABC. Mick Meddlemo challenged RA to say it again.

http://www.pgatour.com/news/2015/07/23/robert-allenby-fires-caddie.html

was gonna start a new thread, but given this one gets most traffic ill post here.

anyone hear about rob allanbys caddy walking off the course after a few holes in the open of canada? lol

SEN 1116 morning show interviewed mike (ex caddie) who said RA got personal and called him a fat ABC. Mick Meddlemo challenged RA to say it again.

Maybe he should of got the bloke from the crowd to actually play some shots for him,couldn't do any worse than the crap he serves up these days.

Doesn't surprise me with Allenby at all.
Honestly though, if you think you should hit a 7 iron then hit a 7 iron, and if it sails over the back of the green, turn to your caddy and say yeah you were right on that one.
Blaming the caddy for the shot you hit is poor form.

Doesn't surprise me with Allenby at all.
Honestly though, if you think you should hit a 7 iron then hit a 7 iron, and if it sails over the back of the green, turn to your caddy and say yeah you were right on that one.
Blaming the caddy for the shot you hit is poor form.

when it comes to hitting the shot, no one else is to blame.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Had 37 points in Stableford yesterday.

My scorecard:
Single Medley Stableford.png

3-putted on 13, 14, 15, and 18.

4-putted on 10 & 17.

Absolutely livid. Drove the ball well, struck my long-mid irons pure but my short irons/wedges frequently missed the target & my putting was evidently atrocious. Hoping to duck out to the course tomorrow afternoon to work on my short putts.

My scorecard:
View attachment 156805

4-putted on 10 & 17.

Absolutely livid. Drove the ball well, struck my long-mid irons pure but my short irons/wedges frequently missed the target & my putting was evidently atrocious. Hoping to duck out to the course tomorrow afternoon to work on my short putts.

2 jugs for 2 4putts!!

My scorecard:
View attachment 156805

4-putted on 10 & 17.

im sure theres a way to calculate your h/c from the scorecard. but im too lazy. may i ask what your handicap is? and where did you play? playing comp?

fantastic day on the national moonah course again today. nice conditions, plenty of wind as usual (nothing unusual for the club). 37 pts off 26 for the day. last 5 holes had 3 pointers all the way, and should've had 4 for 4 on the last.

tee shots generally faded, at worst lost ball in the long stuff right. putted well on hte back 9 which helped score after a stuttering start on the 9th and 10th. yay.

had 2 carts up our arse at around the 15th. youngsters!! bloody hell walk you lazy Fx! anyway, we called them through, which i have no problem with. its a par 5 510m. we're standing some 200m on the fairway and watched 3 balls sail over our heads to rest some 200 from the pin. blind shot to the green (well hill in the way). they drove off, got a line, came back and crunched irons to the green. farq. bj goddard and sam fisher. on in 2. FUUUUUUUUUUUU

Never understood the appeal of motorised carts (unless you're elderly and struggle walking the holes). 20% of the enjoyment golf brings is IMO found walking the course. It especially infuriates me when young, well abled golfers speed around in them.

I don't even wheel my bag, I carry. Dad gave me a stand bag he got at a corporate day & I've not looked back.

Never understood the appeal of motorised carts (unless you're elderly and struggle walking the holes). 20% of the enjoyment golf brings is IMO found walking the course. It especially infuriates me when young, well abled golfers speed around in them.

I don't even wheel my bag, I carry. Dad gave me a stand bag he got at a corporate day & I've not looked back.

i agree to an extent. i wonder why young energetic players cart it, but understand in opressive conditions its a must as elixuh alluded to. ive played in china in winter, but its still humid and required.

#Queenslandsummer

walked the old course on a 40 degree day. really felt it afterwards, but survived obviously.

as i said earlier, afl athletes carting? lol

walked the old course on a 40 degree day. really felt it afterwards, but survived obviously.

as i said earlier, afl athletes carting? lol

Probably a time thing. But I wonder if some wouldn't be allowed to walk for recovery and conditioning, such is the precise nature of some of their programs during the week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back