80​
-​
-​
78​
-​
Sorrento​
Cups WR​

Last edited:
Robert Garrigus, one of the longest hitters on tour, uses a 28'/29' putter.
Don't believe me if you don't want to, doesn't bother me one bit.
But if you are struggling with your putting, if you try a shorter putter, and don't get any improvement, I would be very surprised.

Not a matter of belief bud.
just never heard it preached as a solution to putting touch / feel issues.

Had a day off studying for exams today and shot 86 (40 on the front 9). I got off the tee well, putted decently and avoided the hazards. I was left infuriated though, as I 4-putted the 18th from a 6-foot look at par.

My mind was already in the clubhouse downing a burger and chips. Played with a mate of mine who just returned from a stint in USA representing USC in College golf. He shot 80, which I suppose was a consolation.

Weather permitting, I'll try and get 9 holes in with Dad after work tomorrow. Aiming for a sub 42 score, though it could very well flare up to the 50s if I don't hit it straight.

Had a day off studying for exams today and shot 86 (40 on the front 9). I got off the tee well, putted decently and avoided the hazards. I was left infuriated though, as I 4-putted the 18th from a 6-foot look at par.

My mind was already in the clubhouse downing a burger and chips. Played with a mate of mine who just returned from a stint in USA representing USC in College golf. He shot 80, which I suppose was a consolation.

Weather permitting, I'll try and get 9 holes in with Dad after work tomorrow. Aiming for a sub 42 score, though it could very well flare up to the 50s if I don't hit it straight.

Which course?

Maroochy River GC. Just opened, a true links style course built off cane fields. A quality track it is, albeit lacking polish (needs a year or 2 to mature).

Since we moved to QLD Dad's been a member of Horton Park GC on the Sunshine Coast, but it recently closed. The membership automatically transfers to this new course about 20 mins south of Noosa, Graham Marsh designed with great expectations.

your mate is aussie or yank?

Shot 43 on the back nine this arv in wet/windy conditions.

On the 11th (par 5) I drove 220m into the first cut, finding myself about 200m from the green. Went for it in two only to top my 5 wood, gaining about 3 metres. Flushed the 3rd to 15 feet, then lipped out on the birdie putt.

My performance on this hole summed up my consistency as a golfer. I love the game, but gosh I'm my own worst enemy sometimes.

If anyone is up yarrawonga way I'd strongly recommend playing the Black Bull golf course.
Ripping layout.
Still very new but greens are superb, tees great, bunkers beautiful. A couple of the new fairways have a couple of "wet" spots on them atm.
Play it off the black markers, all par 4s require great thinking.
in 12 months itll be top 3 along the river.

If anyone is up yarrawonga way I'd strongly recommend playing the Black Bull golf course.
Ripping layout.
Still very new but greens are superb, tees great, bunkers beautiful. A couple of the new fairways have a couple of "wet" spots on them atm.
Yeah a few months back we were staying at the Murray Golf Resort and a couple of guys we ended playing a round with told us we should really try the Black Bull, didn't get time that weekend but will definitely next time we're up there

Yeah a few months back we were staying at the Murray Golf Resort and a couple of guys we ended playing a round with told us we should really try the Black Bull, didn't get time that weekend but will definitely next time we're up there

The course is a ripping layout and test of golf

down at the national today. caught up with local pro and hence my instructor. he said he played chambers bay a month ago......tough course and sympathised with the open complainers. fairways were tight and length was lengthy. also said greens were so tricky.

I broke 80 yesterday at my home course City Golf Club for the second time ever. My first time under 80 (79) in 11yrs. It is a par 70. I shot 78 once when it was a par 71 and an easier, shorter course.
I had been threatening in my previous 2 games to go under 80. Both those times I shot 39 and 40 starting on the par 37 back nine, only to shoot 43 both times on the par 33 front nine to finish. Yesterday I started on the front nine and shot 36 and finished with 43. I got rolled on a count back. My GA hcp is now 10.6 and City Golf Club has a slope rating of 130 midweek and 133 on the weekends.
I had been threatening to go under 80 for a while now but I believe it was a mental thing that was holding me back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just played. Frustrating 35 points with 3 wipes. All three wipes were due to extremely poor tee shots. Front nine, started off relatively poorly but then had a nice little run up the last 5 holes. Back nine was a bit of a shambles and I choked after my 21 on the front. Been happening a lot lately. Really need to stay focused on the present shot.
My driver can be great or poor. Great yesterday. My chipping is poor but improving. It used to be the opposite 10yrs ago before I had children.

Ripping layout.

Heading over that way for Christmas hols & I had heard good reports about it - I will be a lock to play it (hopefully more than once) now!

golf is full of downs and ups. more downs. start of 2015 i was choc full of confidence. taking on the Old course playing smart. then a sporting injury put an end to that. now elbow hurts whenever hall hits club. playing tomorrow after a lesson this week, will not enter comp, but will play to the scoring system of the day (sTAb) to maintain play speed etc.

golf is full of downs and ups. more downs. start of 2015 i was choc full of confidence. taking on the Old course playing smart. then a sporting injury put an end to that. now elbow hurts whenever hall hits club. playing tomorrow after a lesson this week, will not enter comp, but will play to the scoring system of the day (sTAb) to maintain play speed etc.

well around 9 balls lost and approximately 120 strokes. wow.

yeah mate. it will benefit in the long run. the old swing worked for me for most of the time, however i can see why it needed to go. for both health and better play

are they big changes being proposed or tweaks?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back