Preview R18 St Kilda v Port @ Adelaide Oval - Sunday 1:10 (Foxtel)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We just need to force games into Acres. He had 20 odd disposals and 3 goals last weekend he should be playing.
Correct, been thinking same for ages, adds more than Ray will now I think, but Ray not in either.......

Reading the website it will be two of :

Shenton
McKenzie
Membrey
Wright

I think with Hickey named in the team that will rule out Membrey.

Throw Shirley in as the sub.
dontcallmeshirley.jpg

In: McKenzie, wright, hickey

We need a lot of toe in this game...

Would have really liked to see us play the power with our full squad... the 22 have been playing some really good football and it's a shame these few changes will affect us.

I thought the weather is meant to be pretty decent weather. 1-5mm is predicted on Saturday and <1mm on Sunday.
I dunno man, they've been saying that a few times recently, and it's still been pretty wet at points here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I dunno man, they've been saying that a few times recently, and it's still been pretty wet at points here.
Fair enough. Hopefully it stays reasonably dry and we don't get found out going in tall.

If we were playing Membrey instead of Hickey, I think the rain would almost help us. It would probably slow Port down and make the game a tough slog which we'd have more chance at winning imo.

Josh Saunders papers stamped.. Won't be at the club next year. Blake acres seems to have to work extremely hard for a game.. And how does shentons name come into consideration? Surely we have enough kids that have passed him

Josh Saunders papers stamped.. Won't be at the club next year. Blake acres seems to have to work extremely hard for a game.. And how does shentons name come into consideration? Surely we have enough kids that have passed him

He plays very well last the VFL level and earns a spot. He got a contract extension so he's going to be a whipping boy a big longer yet.

He plays very well last the VFL level and earns a spot. He got a contract extension so he's going to be a whipping boy a big longer yet.

...a bit longer yet that should read.

Acres is quite obviously being developed through the 2s at this stage. I think it's a good move. I love the way we are directing our youngsters at the moment, they are being told to develop in certain ways through the seconds and the know what they need to do to earn a spot. He knows he'll get games when he's ready, no rush at all.

Fair enough. Hopefully it stays reasonably dry and we don't get found out going in tall.

If we were playing Membrey instead of Hickey, I think the rain would almost help us. It would probably slow Port down and make the game a tough slog which we'd have more chance at winning imo.
Agree. I like Hickey. But playing as a tall Ff with some rain. Membrey would be enough.

Richo has said all year that he wants Hickey to play majority forward in his pressers.

With Roo out and the season coming to a close happy to see him get a game. He was influential in our win against the Dogs, took some strong marks. Just needs to make himself useful.

Seb will play IMO.

Armitage might miss is what I'm hearing. Also heard Schneider is struggling. I'd be surprised if they both missed tho.

As per pre draft worries DMac not finding much of the footy but is always influential.

I'm another Acres lover, would love to know why he can't get a run.

What I think;,

Hickey > Volt
Shenton > Gilbert
Ross > Lonie

If Armitage misses, DMac probably plays.

Think we'll lose but a good effort is all I want.

Blake has only played 2 games since recovering from his broken hand. Was really good week 1 and played a good 2nd half last week.

He obviously needs a few games back just to get back to some sort of match fitness.

There's absolutely nothing sinister in him not getting selected IMO.

With Roo out its a good chance to give Tom a run up forward & giving Billy a spell in the ruck. Hopefully he'll show he's got a few strings to his bow & increase his trade value

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back