Autopsy Round 18: Richmond vs Hawthorn @ MCG - Changes for Adelaide

Vote for your top 5

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

That was incredible and I am so proud to be a member of the Richmond Football Club. I absolutely love this club.

This win was incredible, not only for the season but how it happened. We all knew going into the last two games that winning just one of them would be massive and the boys put in an incredible effort. They were filthy from last week and were switched right on from the first siren. Hawthorn came multiple times in that game and the boys kept the damage minimal and didn't let it get to them.

I haven't seen a more tactical planned game that was executed to near perfection from the players under Dimma. Bloody brilliant stuff to see. Turned out to be a game that even neutral supporters of the game had a blast watching (going off of social media reactions).

You gotta give credit where it's due. I said at the start of the week that if Richmond bring their A-game they'll beat us. The Tigers hunted us right from the opening bounce. To restrict us to just 53 points highlights how good the Richmond midfield and back six played tonight.

I hope Richmond can finish in the top four. Great team to watch.

Ivan Maric BOG.

Congrats guys, you played us at our own game and did it better than us. Shame the umpiring was awful, but that's no excuse.

You're right about the umpires , gifted you guys goals

(Log in to remove this ad.)

hqdefault.jpg
You've been saving that haven't you :D

Ivy's hands. Miles' literally everything. Cotchin's contestation. Lid's goals. Lennon early. Lambert was everywhere. That goal by Lloyd. Ellis was composed. That kick to Bachar by Martin. That goal by McIntosh. That mark in the final by Bachelor. There are others I've forgotten... We had outs! You put Titch in there and some of our marginal players and we look ******* great.

I feel drunk. I am drunk and I've only had a few; the blood was pumping ******* hard throughout that match.

Even when Rioli took that mark with 10 to go and I assumed he would slot it I though, 'It's ok, if we keep playing like we are we can't lose.' As a 28 year old I've never, ever felt like that. If I had ever felt like that I would have been kidding myself but tonight was different; we are a different side to any that I've been alive for.

Edit: Also Bachar's goal itself. That was beautiful.

Last edited:
Back