List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade Talk 2015

What Trade Happens 1st

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd love to hear Aish speak about last years trade period and if he was open to a move to Collingwood as part of the Beams trade. Right now I reckon both Collingwood and Brisbane would be happy if Cripps stayed and Aish ended up in B&W.

That said, More than rapt with Cripps who looks happy and right back at home in Victoria.

in all honesty though, we haven't had any bloody success for 60 years. We had to take a risk!
It's one of those situations where in terms of the media, your damned if you do, and damned if you don't
Personally I think it was great and at the time I was pumped for my doggies mates. Not fussed about his form either because is obviously still young. It took balls and hopefully it pays off!

You stick any of his replacement players into that era Collingwood team and I'd bet they perform better. He did have ticker and go though, so I respect that.
No chance 09 he had a good year at chub for us then in 10 he had a outstanding year playing ruck/forward. Jessie White couldn't do that

Haha in fairness all teams do it, court players that is. Doesn't mean he is going but it does mean that interest is there for potential trades should he leave.
Kennedy and Scharenberg for Lever and Kelly :eek:

This is wearing a little thin on me.

I know this might ruffle some feathers around here, but have we created a persona of Hine that everything he touches turns to gold? Is he really that much better at identifying talent than others. We've had some really great picks over the last few years which the jury is still out on. understand injury plays a part but in Schazz we recruited knowing he's had history with injury. Not sure on Freeman but I'd love the Kennedy pick again.

Also, Clinton Young, White, Lynch, Armstrong - little bit of fools gold there.

He does some great things with the mid range and late picks but I'm not sure he's the messiah we pump him up to be.

Ok, let me have it

View attachment 158167
Young, Lynch and Armstrong cost nothing in draft picks. Some times you get what you paid for. White has performed about as well as you'd expect for a guy you paid pick 45? for. Still confuses me what people actually expected from these guys, considering what we paid for them. What's the success rate like for the kids rated around the picks we used or would have used?

If you buy a Commodore do you expect it to perform like a BMW, then complain when it doesn't?

I think Hine gets most of his credit from his draft picks rather then his list management which he's only really been in charge of for a few years now.

Glad the club and Hine held their nerve, rather then panicking like many on BF, and still tested the waters with mature aged players, otherwise we wouldn't have 3 or our likely top 5 in the Copeland right now.

Sometimes you just have to trust the judgement of the professionals, who actually watch any player they might be considering, play day in day out, talk to people that know him and his whole general background. That's something that just doesn't come to mind for us punters. The biggest laugh I get on here is the self appointed experts on recruiting and drafting, thinking they know better then the professionals. Professionals make mistakes and it'll get used by posters on here to pump themselves up. It's even funnier when those posters know claim they wanted this and that guy in hindsight, but posting history shows nothing of the sort and quite the contrary.

Dig out a few Dayle Garlett comments around his draft time. Makes for interesting reading.

Young, Lynch and Armstrong cost nothing in draft picks. Some times you get what you paid for. White has performed about as well as you'd expect for a guy you paid pick 45? for. Still confuses me what people actually expected from these guys, considering what we paid for them. What's the success rate like for the kids rated around the picks we used or would have used?

If you buy a Commodore do you expect it to perform like a BMW, then complain when it doesn't?

I think Hine gets most of his credit from his draft picks rather then his list management which he's only really been in charge of for a few years now.

Glad the club and Hine held their nerve, rather then panicking like many on BF, and still tested the waters with mature aged players, otherwise we wouldn't have 3 or our likely top 5 in the Copeland right now.

Sometimes you just have to trust the judgement of the professionals, who actually watch any player they might be considering, play day in day out, talk to people that know him and his whole general background. That's something that just doesn't come to mind for us punters. The biggest laugh I get on here is the self appointed experts on recruiting and drafting, thinking they know better then the professionals. Professionals make mistakes and it'll get used by posters on here to pump themselves up. It's even funnier when those posters know claim they wanted this and that guy in hindsight, but posting history shows nothing of the sort and quite the contrary.

Dig out a few Dayle Garlett comments around his draft time. Makes for interesting reading.
TBF Dayle Garlett is a completely different kettle of fish. I've got no doubt that if his head was screwed on on right, he'd be one of the most promising juniors to come through over the last couple of years.

My analogy on Young, Lynch and Armstrong is why would you go and buy a used Commodore that's been blowing white smoke for the last 5 years even if it cost you little. It just sits around the front yard and makes the place look untidy!

I think you're pretty harsh on some posters in here who put a lot of hours into watching potential draftees around the comps. I'm not sure too many on here would expect to know more than our recruiting department but as Scodog says, Hine has a lot of resources at his disposal and should be expected to be very good at his job. To say that Hine is personally responsible for the hits and misses of trade targets and draftees is a little unfair on others.

I mean if you look at Hawthorn and many other clubs, how many 'recycled' players are consistently injured or playing in the lower grade competitions. When they trade in older players they are usually proven and for a specific need. What was TA's specific purpose coming to the club.

I'm the first to admit that I know very little about the trade game and drafting but If Hine was as good as many pump him up to be, shouldn't we be a lot further advanced than where we are? I can see light now, but a couple of years ago I wasn't so confident.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geelong: Dangerfield

Adelaide: Geelong's First Pick, Shaz, Kennedy

Collingwood: Motlop, Geelong's 2nd Pick.

Win Win Win.

Don't think Geelong would be happy with that, losing Motlop who is a super good young player plus their 1st 2 picks when Danger is a restricted free agent and they can get him for nothing?

At that pick I'd be asking for their 1st plus 2nd or 3rd round pick.

Witts in time is going to be a very good ruckmen once his strength matches his size.

You don't give them away.

Really?

I reckon there is absolutely no way in the world we would get a mid range first rounder plus a second rounder for Witts.

(I don't care if we paid pick 14 for Wood. We were idiots and clubs have learnt lessons from blowing early picks on unproven and undeveloped rucks)

Really?

I reckon there is absolutely no way in the world we would get a mid range first rounder plus a second rounder for Witts.

(I don't care if we paid pick 14 for Wood. We were idiots and clubs have learnt lessons from blowing early picks on unproven and undeveloped rucks)

The days of getting first round draft picks for unproven ruckman are gone.

Don't think Geelong would be happy with that, losing Motlop who is a super good young player plus their 1st 2 picks when Danger is a restricted free agent and they can get him for nothing?
I think this is if Adelaide match Geelong's offer. In this case, Geelong will have to construct a trade for Dangerfield.

Also, IMO some of you guys are over rating the value of Witts. Realistically, I'd hope for a first round draft pick. I don't expect teams will be willing to part with a first and second - likely reluctant to even trade their first rounder for Witts.

I think this is if Adelaide match Geelong's offer. In this case, Geelong will have to construct a trade for Dangerfield.

Also, IMO some of you guys are over rating the value of Witts. Realistically, I'd hope for a first round draft pick. I don't expect teams will be willing to part with a first and second - likely reluctant to even trade their first rounder for Witts.
No we are not Witts is one of the most promising young rucks in the league and they are very rare

in all honesty though, we haven't had any bloody success for 60 years. We had to take a risk!
It's one of those situations where in terms of the media, your damned if you do, and damned if you don't
Hope scharenberg dominates today !

Talking to a couple of Carlton supporter mates. They were happy to trade Yarran for Seedsman in a straight swap. Pity they can't have any influence on SOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back