List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade Talk 2015

What Trade Happens 1st

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not sure if it was mentioned in here already, but pretty sure Richmond's win over Hawthorn wouldn't have done us any favours in luring Treloar here over them
Reviving earlier discussion. Richmond win didn't hurt as much as today's abysmal performance would have.

Conversely we have far more to tempt GWS with for Treloar as 1st pick wanders inside the top 10

So we offer treloar 5 years tigers offer 6. We're s**t there good bit it's a done deal to us! I'll believe it when I see it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really?

I reckon there is absolutely no way in the world we would get a mid range first rounder plus a second rounder for Witts.

(I don't care if we paid pick 14 for Wood. We were idiots and clubs have learnt lessons from blowing early picks on unproven and undeveloped rucks)

The days of getting first round draft picks for unproven ruckman are gone.

He has proven he is AFL capable the question over Witts is how good can he become IMO his biggest flaw is he is physically weak. So he isn't unproven.

Mid 1st and then a 2nd round in early 30s isn't that much in a weak draft teams pay overs when its a need.

Young, Lynch and Armstrong cost nothing in draft picks. Some times you get what you paid for. White has performed about as well as you'd expect for a guy you paid pick 45? for. Still confuses me what people actually expected from these guys, considering what we paid for them. What's the success rate like for the kids rated around the picks we used or would have used?

If you buy a Commodore do you expect it to perform like a BMW, then complain when it doesn't?

I think Hine gets most of his credit from his draft picks rather then his list management which he's only really been in charge of for a few years now.

Glad the club and Hine held their nerve, rather then panicking like many on BF, and still tested the waters with mature aged players, otherwise we wouldn't have 3 or our likely top 5 in the Copeland right now.

Sometimes you just have to trust the judgement of the professionals, who actually watch any player they might be considering, play day in day out, talk to people that know him and his whole general background. That's something that just doesn't come to mind for us punters. The biggest laugh I get on here is the self appointed experts on recruiting and drafting, thinking they know better then the professionals. Professionals make mistakes and it'll get used by posters on here to pump themselves up. It's even funnier when those posters know claim they wanted this and that guy in hindsight, but posting history shows nothing of the sort and quite the contrary.

Dig out a few Dayle Garlett comments around his draft time. Makes for interesting reading.

Garlett is a AFL quality talent he is just mentally not capable.

So fair call by the professionals who get access to info we mugs don't, the call on his ability was 100% correct by the mugs.

If we don't show some hugely improved performances for the rest of the year then we will be lucky if any quality player would want to come to us. We can't sell a premiership window like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back