Mega Thread Trade and List Management discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Over 20 goals from 10 games in the NEAFL but a tiny bit inconsistent from week to week. Has shown flashes at AFL level without having any huge impact but that was expected. Has shown enough to suggest he'll develop well but has a long way to go. Still really like him though.
To be fair i could probably get on the end of a few in the NEAFL.

If operation get Jake Carlisle is indeed over, we need to immediately commence operation get Steven May. Bloke is a gun. Currenlty giving JK a bath.

So our smalls are
Dahlhaus
Honeychurch
Hrovat
Hunter
Daniel
McLean

No way Dahl goes. Honey just re-signed. Daniel and McLean are first years. Also we'll have another small in Darcy next year.

Leaves Hunter and Hrovat though I'm not sure on Rat's contract status. And we know Richmond was sniffing at Lachie. What would we ask and what would Richmond offer?

How about Witts from Collingwood ? They think we are into him over on the pies board
No
What are they saying?

I'd take Witts over Grundy.
Never. Witts is a bust.

Now, Gold Coast. Martin is a star if he can get strong enough. Bennell is class, I'd love us to at least look at him. But we won't. And is Tom Lynch the best young contested marking forward in the comp?

With Brisbane, Carlton, Melbourne and St Kilda all asking for a priority pick in recent times I think we should too.
The reasoning can be,
-we have by far been the most inconvienced by the introduction of the new teams. Players (Griffen, Harbrow, Ward, Addison, Reid, etc) and coaches/training staff.
-we lost over 800 games experience at the end of last year.
- We have never cheated, tanked, or burnt dwarves.
- we won't waste the ******* pick!

Yes this was mostly a piss take.

Dont forget that when we bottomed out, we didn't get #1-#5 pick, we got double figure picks, so made our rebuild even harder than most.

Hahahaha that's too funny

A bit tall with red hair

seriously though I have watched him for maybe half a game this year...has anyone noticed how his form is?
No

Never. Witts is a bust.

Now, Gold Coast. Martin is a star if he can get strong enough. Bennell is class, I'd love us to at least look at him. But we won't. And is Tom Lynch the best young contested marking forward in the comp?
we had our chance with Martin but we didn't have the balls

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wouldn't give up Stringer for Martin let alone both Stringer and Macrae.
I wouldn't give up Macrae by himself for Martin either. Kid's a jet.

I wonder if we're in for Suckling. Bev would of had a bit to do with him as hawks backline coach.

Hasn't shown much, starting to think he may be a bit overrated tbh. Needs to work on his disposal, but then again so does Suckling i guess.
McKenzie's left foot is a weapon. His disposal is elite, however he can't defend one on one. Put him in our "system" and he might be fine, but if he can get to a spot where he can defend and then get in space to distribute, he'd be fantastic with huge upside.

I'd rather Trent McKenzie, if we're in for a kicker off half back who isn't a great defender, go for the younger, Dogs supporting one :D
I agree. I don't think Suckling would be that good when he's actually forced to defend, which he never does at Hawthorn.

There's one main reason I'd love to get McKenzie... Bob plays on the wing for the rest of his career.

I don't mind the super boot either. Would be younger, cheaper just not sure about what we'd have to give up for him. Minson and our second? I have no idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back