RDFL Season 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Macedons ground is still heavy right now but it will be Micky Mouse come GF week . Let's be honest it's the most picturesque ground in the league, you can watch from elevated ground so best viewing and has great atmosphere when full. Lance field is next best but Romsey is way behind because it's so open and often windswept and any noise escapes.

Lets be honest people go to watch the Footy not look at the hills. If Macedon get a final people better take there own food and grog. They tend to run out of both very early in the day. I don't know where this elevated viewing area is? I assume you are talking about the room on the wing that the RDFL have there function in during the day. If so the they would be the only ones to have this elevated view?

Lets hope the filthy sewerage smell has left the ground.

Lets be honest people go to watch the Footy not look at the hills. If Macedon get a final people better take there own food and grog. They tend to run out of both very early in the day. I don't know where this elevated viewing area is? I assume you are talking about the room on the wing that the RDFL have there function in during the day. If so the they would be the only ones to have this elevated view?

Lets hope the filthy sewerage smell has left the ground.
Perhaps the elevated view is from mount Macedon
Weather always better up broadford way move it there :)

it would be a hollow feeling for him any how, only playing 3 games for the club. just means a young kid on the brink that will miss out t

it would have to feel hollow for him any way only playing 3 games

Telling me your club wouldn't play him with the other young blokes that may play finals champ.
What a great driving force for any young man trying to play senior footy.
Why wouldn't the young blokes push each other for a spot to possibly play finals with an ex afl player
Geez some people shouldn't even have an opinion on this site because nothing they say is constructive only negative, not only towards other clubs but other individuals.
Can't say anything nice don't say anything at all my old man taught me !!!![/QUOTE

I am in no way having a go at any club for recruiting, I think it is fantastic. Brodie has been there since he signed with your club &played in the wet and cold & I think it is fantastic. The story is that one of your fringe player's will miss by someone who has only played 3 games

Telling me your club wouldn't play him with the other young blokes that may play finals champ.
What a great driving force for any young man trying to play senior footy.
Why wouldn't the young blokes push each other for a spot to possibly play finals with an ex afl player
Geez some people shouldn't even have an opinion on this site because nothing they say is constructive only negative, not only towards other clubs but other individuals.
Can't say anything nice don't say anything at all my old man taught me !!!![/QUOTE

I am in no way having a go at any club for recruiting, I think it is fantastic. Brodie has been there since he signed with your club &played in the wet and cold & I think it is fantastic. The story is that one of your fringe player's will miss by someone who has only played 3 games

Geez mate Steve Boyall our best and fairest winner in 2014 has only played 2 games this year
I guarantee someone will miss for him also mate
Ask any coach
Come finals time there is always a hard luck story in our standard of footy or higher
And who's to say an older bloke might miss out if Broadford happen to qualify
I'd be more inclined to play youth in 2 weeks time
Hope this clears this up for you cobber

Don't let it worry you lads, you're in the finals so good luck.

I've still got s**t on the liver with a few things but I'll be still rapt for the 7-8 locals who get the experience of it all next weekend ..... and let's be honest the rest of them have had 6-7 years and haven't been up to it due to either (1.) ability or (2.) application/attitude so if going outside is/was required then so be it.

Who is this bloke? Is he repairing grounds during the season or redoing them completely?
Country wide turf solutions , Rob and Travis have done a heap of work on our ground (we are in the KDFL) , fair bit of experience between the two , worth a call if you have issues.

The joy with Romsey this year is that they are probably the most balanced team in the competition.. I heard by a great local icon after their game with Macedon that the club would judge their best 6 differently to how others would in the sense that they all play their roles and do so equally.. Chrissy is a champion player and one of the funniest guys you'll meet in this competition and I think he's played some great football, and those around him have stepped up.. so he may not stand out as much as he used to.. which is great for Deano because his team just keeps getting better with great depth.. what do you think?? :)

Long time reader, first time poster.
Was just wondering now how our great scribe on here now rates Romsey after only 4 weeks ago posting this fawning and glowing post about how the Redbacks were the most "Balanced" team in the competition and if he still feels their coach "Deano" is getting better and better with great depth ????

Was just wondering now how our great scribe on here now rates Romsey after only 4 weeks ago posting this fawning and glowing post about how the Redbacks were the most "Balanced" team in the competition and if he still feels their coach "Deano" is getting better and better with great depth ????
Haha I wouldn't say 'great scribe'.. and the answer is simple .. don't write Romsey off.. I dare anyone to.. they had a shocker against Riddell, came back and won some big games.. their depth is still strong with the youth coming through, performing well.. when they are all gelled together as a team, Romsey can be the most exciting team to watch.. like any team of such great talent.. a lot of the ability to perform, comes from upstairs.. they can be the best side in the competition if they believe it.. I dare anyone to write any clubs off in the top 6.. who would've thought that Rupertswood would trounce Romsey after they lost to Riddell, in a game that they felt were more than capable of winning? Who'd have thought that without Kenny, Macedon would kick 23 goals to defeat what is usually a competitive Lancefield team?

Lost 3 games for the year, one of them by a point. Not as if Romsey is battling.

First time poster and then Banned .... WTF?

Second account perhaps?

I keep hearing instances of multiples, but fair dinkum it's hard enough not trying to upset dudes with one log in that everyone knows who I am ... surely trying to go deeper incognito multiple times would be more a headf**k than enjoyable?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

11863357_534782736669591_5136775331335025442_n.jpg

would it not make sense to have 1 V 2 on a stand alone day like Sat. you would get a bigger crowd showcasing the league's two best teams??? Certainly makes sense to me.
From a radio point of view.. this is a dream.. OKR FM broadcast the Wallan game on Saturday.. we broadcast the Rockbank game on Saturday.. followed by the Sunbury game on Sunday.. each Senior game gets broadcast.. ;) a different way at looking at it

So how we looking for finals week one?

Riddell/Diggers
Romsey/Bford
Rupo/Macedon

Close? I can't get the bloody RDFL App to work on me phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back