Coaching Staff Senior Coach: John Worsfold - Thank you John

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't want a coach changing his mind because of money like Roos, he needs the passion for it.

Worsfold is currently at Adelaide helping out after the Phil Walsh tragedy. Apparently his passion has been reignited by spending time at a footy club.

Fair bit of difference to the Paul Roos situation, although I'd still say they have done a good job (20 odd list changes in 2 years??) can't question his intent to turn over that list

I'm not big on getting a recycled coach. Couldn't be that good to start with if he has been sacked.
I'd rather an assistant from a successful modern day team. Our search should be narrowed to coaches from Hawthorn, Geelong, Sydney and Fremantle
Also look at coaches from teams that have rebuilt successfully! ie Bulldogs, St Kilda

I'm not big on getting a recycled coach. Couldn't be that good to start with if he has been sacked.
I'd rather an assistant from a successful modern day team. Our search should be narrowed to coaches from Hawthorn, Geelong, Sydney and Fremantle
Also look at coaches from teams that have rebuilt successfully! ie Bulldogs, St Kilda

Worsfold hasn't been sacked..

Probably cos he coaches the most dysfunctional part of the team + has publicly stated he wants to leave EFC to go to SA again?

So did Egan till he moved to backline coach. Didn't know he'd said he wanted to go back to SA. I do remember a couple of players thanking Bassett at the B&F last year, i think one of them was Colyer.

I'm worried the club will appoint Worsfold without interviewing other candicates Worsfold should only be given the job if nobody is better than him.

Considering N.Daniher is helping the selection process + EFC went to the AFL and asked about approaching assistants during the finals series, I'd say we'd be going around and searching.

When was Woosha sacked?

Yeah - In the future - No club will allow itself to choose from eight coaches - What if we lured Clarkson ? he's not accredited.

"It is understood the majority of past senior coaches who have remained active in the industry will be awarded the level four accreditation. As a result, all applicants were assistant coaches who were yet to coach their own team at AFL level."

I'm ok with Worsfold. I like the mongrel element and separation from EFC.
Might work.
Ironic that he's a pharmacist.
Nice fit?
Media won't go after him?
Brings a hard line in and it might attract players.
BANG!!!???

Given the club's current situation I think we need someone with experience like Worsfold to bring maturity and trust back to the group. They need to be able to trust that the coach knows what he's doing. Unfortunately I think that means someone coming from a position that contrasts with Hird's: from outside the club and an experienced coach. This said, Melbourne have put in place a terrific scheme to ensure that they can move out of their perennial quagmire by contracting Simon Goodwin as part of a succession plan, ensuring that as a first year AFL coach he learns from an experienced high achiever with premiership creds as a coach that can build on his own as a player under a coach.

So, I would like to see someone of Worsfold's ilk contracted for two or three years, with an incumbent also offered a contract as part of a succession plan. The club needs stability and a long term plan for sustained high achievement and/or success.

Worsfold + Tudor for example? Who else?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Given the club's current situation I think we need someone with experience like Worsfold to bring maturity and trust back to the group. They need to be able to trust that the coach knows what he's doing. Unfortunately I think that means someone coming from a position that contrasts with Hird's: from outside the club and an experienced coach. This said, Melbourne have put in place a terrific scheme to ensure that they can move out of their perennial quagmire by contracting Simon Goodwin as part of a succession plan, ensuring that as a first year AFL coach he learns from an experienced high achiever with premiership creds as a coach that can build on his own as a player under a coach.

So, I would like to see someone of Worsfold's ilk contracted for two or three years, with an incumbent also offered a contract as part of a succession plan. The club needs stability and a long term plan for sustained high achievement and/or success.

Was thinking something like this as well.

Would love Worsfold for two/three years as head coach with Caracella senior assistant/head coach in waiting.

Then Worsfold can step aside some in two/three years to a Director of Coaching/Development role.

I started d a thread about a week ago before this story appeared saying worsfold was your man ...the thread was locked for some reason when I went back today ......err....why

Offer him what you have

He will do it from the ground up, it might take some time but he will get it done

I like this idea.

Caracella, Dew, Lloyd all targets.

I like worsfold as he's proven he can take a bottom 4 club (spooners IIRC?) and take them to top 4...a seasoned experienced coach suits our needs right now as we aren't in an ideal situation. How will an untried coach handle players being suspended ect..?

Considering N.Daniher is helping the selection process + EFC went to the AFL and asked about approaching assistants during the finals series, I'd say we'd be going around and searching.
Wouldn't be the first time we wasted everyone's time before reaching or predetermined decision... And worsfold is an assistant in the final series. Wonder how his working relationship is/was with Neale?

Such an overrated coach, Worsfold. Got a flag (with a midfield of Cox-cousins-Judd-kerr) He has just as many wooden spoons.

Wouldn't be the first time we wasted everyone's time before reaching or predetermined decision... And worsfold is an assistant in the final series. Wonder how his working relationship is/was with Neale?

Such an overrated coach, Worsfold. Got a flag (with a midfield of Cox-cousins-Judd-kerr) He has just as many wooden spoons.
a) Adelaide will be out Week 1 if they make it
b) Woosha's not really an assistant over there

Just get a head coach with enough ability and desire to take 100% responsability for the performance of the team - that's it.

All this succession crap is just inbuilt failure.

Imagine waiting for Sheeds or Alex Ferguson to move on or - as hard as it is to say - Clarkson?

If coaches succeed they stay on, if they fail you get a new one.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back