List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade Talk 2015

What Trade Happens 1st

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not the "famous" Greg "Venom" Denham?

Jeez KB talks a lot of nonsense (and in fairness, he is paid to fill the airwaves with mindless chatter for 3 hours a day).

I'm really keen on trying to get Jake Barrett from Gws now as part of any Treloar trade. (If we get Treloar)

Knew very little about him prior to doing some research, but he seems like he could be a undervalued gem that we could get thrown in as steak knives.

Otherwise Hampton is the other one.

I'm also very sceptical about whether anyone in the media truely knows Treloars ultimate intentions.

My only real source is a person very very close to Richmonds Recruitment Manager and works for the club. I haven't bothered to ask him as I know he is professional enough not to tell me squat.

Are we expecting Swan to miss this weekend?
100% wont play this week. Even if it's a minor medial ligament strain which is the best case scenario, there's no point in risking further damage for a game that means nothing in the grand scheme of things.

I'm really keen on trying to get Jake Barrett from Gws now as part of any Treloar trade. (If we get Treloar)

Knew very little about him prior to doing some research, but he seems like he could be a undervalued gem that we could get thrown in as steak knives.

He had a pretty good game in NEAFL this weekend I believe - Over 30 possessions.

He might even get a run this weekend if Griff misses. Jack Steele, Canberra boy also had a good game so may get another run.

I don't know anything about Barrett, but I think the idea of 2nd player added to the mix is a good idea. I know Treloar is a fantastic prospect, but 2 first rounders is a huge price to pay. Beams got a 1st, and 2nd, plus a player not rated by the Lions, all because Beams was a contracted player. I'd pay 2 first rounders, for Treloar, but only if there is a sweetener thrown in

I have the same thoughts about their depth. Their top end is great, but they just seem like 1 or 2 key injuries away from falling apart. If Deledio misses games, it seems like they lose more often than not.

They have an extremely high reliance on Lids and Cotchin through the guts. It was fantastic to see our midfield function so well without Pendles and Swan carrying them this week. Gives me confidence that we will still function very well when Swanny hangs up the boots.

Just on this and hope you all dont mind me responding ? You are talking about my club so feel its ok :).

Our reliance as you put it, is decreasing. What has been pleasing, even in the game against you guys, Cotchin was well held and also carrying a back, so only had 13 disposals but our second tier mids stepped up and we won the contested game as well as the outside. Against Essendon in the slog of torrential rain, which will bring any spud side into a game, we won the midfield battle without cotchin even playing.

Our depth is improving, we just have kids that are not playing full games yet. Lennon is a perfect example, now he looks like he belongs, is a creative and damaging HHF, he will eventually replace Lids. We also have two elite kids in Cory Ellis and manadue both have had a good taste of AFL this year but unfortunately tired and got injured.

We also have a few butler, short and castagna who should debut next year, as well as Mc Bean who shared the goal kicking award in the VFL for the third straight year, he is still to light but will play more games next year.

Bottom line, our bottom 6 is being replaced fairly quickly while still 80% of our starting 22 are the right side of 25. So our future is far from s**t.

thanks

I don't know anything about Barrett, but I think the idea of 2nd player added to the mix is a good idea. I know Treloar is a fantastic prospect, but 2 first rounders is a huge price to pay. Beams got a 1st, and 2nd, plus a player not rated by the Lions, all because Beams was a contracted player. I'd pay 2 first rounders, for Treloar, but only if there is a sweetener thrown in
Would be happy with that, as long as the sweetner isnt Hampton.

Just on this and hope you all dont mind me responding ? You are talking about my club so feel its ok :).

Our reliance as you put it, is decreasing. What has been pleasing, even in the game against you guys, Cotchin was well held and also carrying a back, so only had 13 disposals but our second tier mids stepped up and we won the contested game as well as the outside. Against Essendon in the slog of torrential rain, which will bring any spud side into a game, we won the midfield battle without cotchin even playing.

Our depth is improving, we just have kids that are not playing full games yet. Lennon is a perfect example, now he looks like he belongs, is a creative and damaging HHF, he will eventually replace Lids. We also have two elite kids in Cory Ellis and manadue both have had a good taste of AFL this year but unfortunately tired and got injured.

We also have a few butler, short and castagna who should debut next year, as well as Mc Bean who shared the goal kicking award in the VFL for the third straight year, he is still to light but will play more games next year.

Bottom line, our bottom 6 is being replaced fairly quickly while still 80% of our starting 22 are the right side of 25. So our future is far from s**t.

thanks
I never said your future was s**t, I was questioning the depth of your squad which is a perfectly valid thing to do given the absolute shellacking your VFL side had against ours a couple of weeks ago. The top end of your team is quality, there's no denying that, but that quality seems to drop off pretty dramatically as you move outside your best 22. Aquiring Trelaor would absolutely go a mile towards lessening your reliance on those few key players you currently have, but it seems like you're overrating your clubs depth somewhat.

Hampton is a good player IMO. Wouldn't be a bad acquisition.
Shocking player at AFL level though, Collingwood already has a large number of players who are average by foot, and in my opinion Hampton is alot worse by foot than anyone on the pies list at the moment. Would rather someone from GWS like Kennedy who is quick and a good ball user

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shocking player at AFL level though, Collingwood already has a large number of players who are average by foot, and in my opinion Hampton is alot worse by foot than anyone on the pies list at the moment. Would rather someone from GWS like Kennedy who is quick and a good ball user

Don't know what Hampton you watched but must be a different one to me as when I have seen him he has been all class, has made mistakes that are common in most young players.

Don't know what Hampton you watched but must be a different one to me as when I have seen him he has been all class, has made mistakes that are common in most young players.
Im not saying he is the worst player, but if your after a sweetner i reckon there are a few above him we could go for who would better benefit our list

I never said your future was s**t, I was questioning the depth of your squad which is a perfectly valid thing to do given the absolute shellacking your VFL side had against ours a couple of weeks ago. The top end of your team is quality, there's no denying that, but that quality seems to drop off pretty dramatically as you move outside your best 22. Aquiring Trelaor would absolutely go a mile towards lessening your reliance on those few key players you currently have, but it seems like you're overrating your clubs depth somewhat.

Sorry bud, did not imply you said our club was s**t, that was to the other poster :p

As to our VFL, its in its first year as a stand alone, the quality of spuds on that list is a sight to see. It wont improve IMO till 2-3 years as it was pasted together late. I agree with you, outside of our starting 22 it does drop off but all i am saying it is getting better, we have a bout 5-8 kids that will be our future, we could not say that 2 years ago. We will just keep injecting kids with a few quality trades of good talent.

Anyway, thanks for the chat :)

First Round + Witts to GWS for Treloar
Kreuzer in as a FA

Out: 1st Round Pick + Witts
In: Treloar + Kreuzer

I actually don't think GWS want a ruckman. It wouldn't make sense. They have a few young rucks: Tom downie, Andrew Phillips, Rory Lobb- those are off the top of my head. Mumfords gonna be 30 next year, so he has a couple more years of football at least. Witts would be one of 4 backup ruckman, and I think that's pointless.

I actually don't think GWS want a ruckman. It wouldn't make sense. They have a few young rucks: Tom downie, Andrew Phillips, Rory Lobb- those are off the top of my head. Mumfords gonna be 30 next year, so he has a couple more years of football at least. Witts would be one of 4 backup ruckman, and I think that's pointless.
Easily better then those 3 though

Easily better then those 3 though

Yea, I agree. But he won't play until Mumford retires or is injured. GWS only played 1 ruckman whilst Mumford was fit, they always rolled Stewart or McCarthy thought the ruck. With Patton, McCarthy, Stewart all have the ability to play in the ruck, I think they don't need a second ruckman- but that's just my opinion.

Witts is a lot better then what those 3 listed are and will be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back