Your thoughts on Dangerfield?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
'Keep blaming everyone else.

images

GONE!!!!!!!
Bloody hell Alex, we get it.. we know what your stance is.

No it doesn't, It's not an official AFC calendar, it's AFL official. A print company, purchased the right to stamp the calendars they make as the "Official AFL" calendars.

I don't want to get into an argument but logic tells me that the AFC would have to give its final approval. If that isn't the case then how would the club like something that is unsavoury to have their name/brand attached to it. Its would appear as an endorsement by the club.

Gone

Anyone saying, anyone thinking of staying would sign this week. Anyone who cared about the club or the supporters would have stopped this nonsense this week. They would have put it to bed.

Yet......crickets is all we hear.
What is the harm he is doing to the club? None - we're playing the best footy we have in years.
To the supporters? Cripes. The goodness of my day isn't ruined because Dangerfield hasn't yet signed.

Well bloody hell. Open your eyes.

Why wouldn't he sign this week if he was going to stay.

You honestly think he hasn't thought about it yet?

Really?
Of course he has. Maybe you've missed the fact the club has been handling the release of contract announcements, and it appears most of the recent ones were done quite a while ago. Perhaps Danger has no say in when/if it gets released. I'm not sure what he will do but trying to slam the notion that he's gone based on this notion is boring and repetitive.

How many times now have you changed your position on this?

See, this is the bull s**t I'm talking about. You don't know my stance but just assume I change it every second day.

I changed my mind once and that was for about 2 weeks after PW was murdered but the reality is - he isn't staying and the information I received is crap. He is just playing some horseshit game.

Why is he leaving it so late? because he's leaving that's why.

What is the harm he is doing to the club? None - we're playing the best footy we have in years.
To the supporters? Cripes. The goodness of my day isn't ruined because Dangerfield hasn't yet signed.

Also quite amusing that people think that a contract can be done and dusted and announced in the space of a couple of days. Thommo's new one year deal was agreed to over a month ago. A MONTH AGO for a one year deal on a veteran.

If you don't care, give up your membership. If you are even a member.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

See, this is the bull s**t I'm talking about. You don't know my stance but just assume I change it every second day.

I changed my mind once and that was for about 2 weeks after PW was murdered but the reality is - he isn't staying and the information I received is crap. He is just playing some horseshit game.

Why is he leaving it so late? because he's leaving that's why.

Ok your solid on him leaving, good for you

I'm solid on Danger staying

Lets just see how it plays out

I think it's pretty unlikely a player would say "the contract isn't going to be sorted until after the season ends" only to sign a contract before the season ends

Or he had every intent on leaving.

Players are allowed to change their mind and if he was to sign now, no one would say - but Patty you said you would leave it until the end of the season? would they.

I don't want to get into an argument but logic tells me that the AFC would have to give its final approval. If that isn't the case then how would the club like something that is unsavoury to have their name/brand attached to it. Its would appear as an endorsement by the club.
Yep. Someone in the Danger thread on the main page quoted some lines from the Herald Sun (I think) article which stated that all images are past by the club for approval. Not definitive, but if they knew he was staying at the time, surely they would have asked "where's Dangerfield?"

Hate to see but all things considered, there really is absolutely no reason to believe that Danger will be in a crows jersey this time next year.

Everything that could have conceivably worked TOWARD him signing post PW's death has more or less happened and, still, absolutely nothing to indicate he will be staying.

The only logical explanation is that he will be leaving (he would never announce that during the season), or that he hasn't made a decision yet (which I personally struggle to believe).

There is absolutely no way he has decided he wants to stay, because the circus would be over.

I'm now at the stage where I just hope we get decent compensation.

And anyone who thinks the AFC doesn't have a say in who is posted in that calendar is delusional. Would Manchester United print a calendar without Wayne Rooney? The pies without Dane Swan? Fremantle without Fyfe? No chance in hell. Not to say it means he is certainly gone but it doesn't inspire confidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back