No Oppo Supporters Re-signing Tex, Danger and Sloane *** Crows Only ***

Your thoughts on Dangerfield?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tippett had a stellar season for us when he was Mr July in 2013.......

240198-tippett.jpg

Was it? Do some research and say if it was or not.

Link, quote?

I'm not going to go back and find it Alex. I believe it was OutofTownCrow who posted a satirical narrative of Dangerfield in the rooms singing the song and how if people read the signs, they'll see he's gone. You then took offence to this and had a go at him for posting condescending remarks that attack a group of people for holding the opinion they do. I'm guessing OutofTownCrow would remember it.

Either find the evidence or don't make the accusation.

Here you go Alex ...

I don't know why people feel the need to be complete smart arses bordering on condescending person about it.

If you think he is going to stay, that's fine and if you think he's gone, that;s also fine but don't belittle someone who had an opposite opinion to you. That's just rude.

Anyway, I hope he stays as he has the ability to be our greatest ever player.

So what is your explanation as to why he isn't in there then?

Even if the club doesn't have to approve it (bollocks), then why wouldn't this third party independent Chinese manufacturer who apparently do not know a thing about P Dangerfield include him in the calendar? Given he is our best player.

Either find the evidence or don't make the accusation.

If I must.

Changing my prediction from "not sure" to "gone". Look at this photo, obviously not just enjoying a win with his mates ... thinking about the sweet deal he has wrapped up to go to Geelong, look close at the eyes - see it?

Also - look at who he is linking arms with - Eddie Betts, another RFA that changed clubs without them matching - and Van Berlo, also known as VB ... Victoria Bitter, as in we will be bitter once he leaves for Victoria under RFA and all we get is a compo pick.

Read the signs people !!!!

398044-tlsgallerylandscape.jpg

I don't know why people feel the need to be complete smart arses bordering on condescending person about it.

If you think he is going to stay, that's fine and if you think he's gone, that;s also fine but don't belittle someone who had an opposite opinion to you. That's just rude.

Anyway, I hope he stays as he has the ability to be our greatest ever player.

This happens every Tuesday/Wednesday.

On the weekend, the footy's on. We have games to talk about. Performances, wins, losses, form etc. Media actually talks footy. Recently we've won so everyone is up and about. "Danger staying" vibes and rumours pop up. Happy days.

Then by mid week, there's nothing to talk about. Media throws something out there. Calendars. X Person said he's gone. Someone tweets something. Collective depression ensues. This week it's got the extra sting because we play Geelong. If we played GWS it'd be fine.

Then by the weekend the footy is on and the cycle starts again. Rinse and repeat.

Even if the club doesn't have to approve it (bollocks), then why wouldn't this third party independent Chinese manufacturer who apparently do not know a thing about P Dangerfield include him in the calendar? Given he is our best player.

Here are 2 scenarios:

1) This company ballsed up in 2013 and put Tippett in our calendar when all the signs were that he was gone for all (the) money, so this year they decided to err on the side of caution and kept Danger off the cover (although I am told he is still on one of the months anyway);

or

2) the AFC contacted the company and requested not to have Danger on the cover because they know he wont be there.

Either one is perfectly valid, and neither has a shred of evidence to back it up. The only thing the club itself has said is that they are not the ones in charge of putting the calendars together.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One thing we can't get annoyed with Danger is the not knowing. For all we know he's told the club and they want it kept quiet.

I just can't see him going to the Cats, perhaps a different club who will have success, but to go home to the Cats who are on are on the slide makes no sense no matter how strong the family pull is.

See the thing is I think we can be annoyed with him, Since day 1 he has said it's the crows or the cats his manager has said it as well, Family was the thing tying him to back home. So if he goes to any other club this is the Tippet thing all over.

The other thing is he is best mates with Walker and Sloane and in business with them and Roo, So I think Roo knows something i dare say Sloane and Walker do as well.

I think our best indicator of him staying is changing all his social media stuff, joking around about the contract after games etc. but all we know is the club may of told him to change all the social media stuff.

I hope he does stays just can't see it happening though.

So are people suggesting that if Adelaide knows danger is staying that they would have told the calendar makers. if they do know they are wanting to keep it quiet so why would they do that?? Makes zero sense
I just think he is a more noticeable absentee than he would be as an inclusion. Fairly easy to just throw him in there and I'm not sure anyone would draw any conclusions from that (until he has actually gone... if that happens)

I just think he is a more noticeable absentee than he would be as an inclusion. Fairly easy to just throw him in there and I'm not sure anyone would draw any conclusions from that (until he has actually gone... if that happens)

You should take your concerns up with the Chinese designer who made them, the AFC weren't consulted.

2) the AFC contacted the company and requested not to have Danger on the cover because they know he wont be there.

Either one is perfectly valid

I don't see that as valid really. The club have been as tight as a nun's all year on everything, particularly Danger contract, but they'd tell a printing company that he's gone?

Because they know more about his contract than our football department perhaps?

Because it is a given by EVERYONE that he wont be there, best player or not. Doesn't mean they might be wrong.

I think Nikki has explained I pretty well

Its an AFL not AFC approved calandar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back