What They're Saying - The Bulldogs Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why? Being uninformed hasn't stopped the rest of us.
It's ok, I'll be like a scorned puppy. Slowly my uninformed opinions will return :p What has been shown up is my extreme laziness in looking up evidence supporting my opinions, but you know, what can you

Reckon Bev has kept this in mind, without knowing any stats I'd imagine we'd be among the lowest in terms of using interchange. Could be wrong but when I've looked we had always used less than the opposition (in fairness I've only looked around five times so very small sample size).

Damn. If only we had a versatile list where we could rotate lots of players through the midfield and rest them forward rather than to the bench.

oh wait :)

We are no longer last in the relevance stakes..... I'm not sure that actually makes us relevant, but who cares....

Go suck on that Demons !!!!

The Bulldogs were the lowest performing Victorian-based club last year as their slow but methodical on-field rebuild continued. However, such is the tough fight to make inroads in a market where family allegiances extend through generations, the Bulldogs have jumped just the one spot in a year despite emerging as the feel-good story of the season and enjoying greater coverage through traditional media.
Dubbed the "Harlem Globetrotters" of the AFL by some commentators because of their attacking and exciting play, the Bulldogs have secured their first finals berth since 2010, and have some believing they can cause a premiership boilover.
Bastion, which has former AFL chief Andrew Demetriou as a director, points out that the Bulldogs continue to struggle on social media but their average crowds, membership and television audience are higher than St Kilda's - which finished one spot ahead on the relevance ladder - and their heartland has much scope to grow in financial terms.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...-2015-we-have-the-answer-20150902-gjdipe.html

Now don't you think a crowd of 50k+ at Etihad would look a lot better on TV than the MCG as well as giving us the Home Final we deserve.
Honestly this league is stuffed

I might be in the minority, but I want our game played at the 'G'. We need to think mid-term and where we will need to win in order to win a flag.

I'm more than happy to play at the G, but that's not the point. Why tell us for years that we can't get a good enough crowd to play there, then we start making use of our home ground advantage and we get it taken off us?

Why even have finals hypothetically at Etihad if us vs an interstate team isn't going to be played there? Us vs Adelaide is a perfect game for Etihad.

And this whole 'Adelaide fans won't be able to get a ticket' is rubbish. What about the Freo fans in 2013 when for some stupid reason Geelong were allowed to play at Skilled?

But now our 'home game' is played an a ground that an interstate team has the same amount of games on in the last 24 months.

There's a pretty simple solution, AFL. Either stop being a bunch of dicks and actually give us some games at the G during home and away, or stop being an even bigger bunch of dicks and let us play our home final on our home ground.

* it, we'll beat them wherever it is.

I'm probably going to get canned, but I actually don't mind the sub rule.

tantrum1_6899.jpg

It made the game fairer for sides effected by injuries. Game balance was much better.
But the player who was sub hated it, so the players hated it and it unfortunately had to go....

I've been banging on about it for ages. Usually solo. I reckon we should have two subs and only two interchange players. I've given my reasons numerous times so won't repeat them here.

There, gcbc, I've really taken the heat off you now!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wayne Carey's AA Team

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/wayne-carey-my-allaustralian-team-20150903-gje8qy.html#ixzz3kfhxGtNw
Ruck: Todd Goldstein (North Melbourne) – Has been the most outstanding ruckman in the competition. Has not only matched the other best tap ruckmen, but also won plenty of his own possessions. The sole ruckman in the team.

Ruck rover: Nat Fyfe (Fremantle) - An All-Australian last year and one of only a few to have backed up his 2014 form. His first half to 2015 was as good as any, ranking alongside Ablett's first half of 2014. Has been the standout player in the competition.

Rover: Daniel Hannebery (Sydney) – Absolutely brilliant in a year in which the Swans have had their poor patches. Has taken his game to a whole new level.

Wing: Patrick Dangerfield (Adelaide) – After three solid years of football, he has been outstanding this season. Easily his most consistent football and that's why his signature will be one of the most sought-after at season's end.

Centre: Matt Priddis (West Coast) – Last year's Brownlow winner who is in better form this year. Should be an automatic selection.

Wing: Andrew Gaff (West Coast) - Has been outstanding. Just a freak runner who is one of the biggest accumulators in the competition. Seems to get possessions at will.

Half-forward flank: Chad Wingard (Port Adelaide) – Has kicked as many goals as any forward in the league in the second half of the year. Although Port haven't been at their best, he has had his best season.

Centre half-forward: Tex Walker (Adelaide) – Started the year really well and despite tough, unforeseen, circumstances, has further developed into one of the game's great forwards and best leaders. He is ranked second for scoreboard impact in the AFL.

Half-forward flank: Dustin Martin (Richmond) – One of the reasons the Tigers are travelling so well. He just doesn't get beaten in one-on-one contests. Is second in the competition for kicks.

Forward pocket: Jake Stringer (Western Bulldogs) – Has kicked three or more goals in nine games, which is phenomenal. Has shown he can play anywhere. Powerful athlete. Deserves a spot.

Full-forward: Josh Kennedy (West Coast) – His numbers tell the story. The AFL's leading goalkicker and also ranked No.1 for score impact.

Forward pocket: Eddie Betts (Adelaide) – Ranked No.3 for scoreboard impact, despite having played one fewer game than other players.

Back pocket: Easton Wood (Western Bulldogs) – Leads the competition in intercept marks (69 to date) and really has been a revelation. He clearly reads the ball well and is a big reason why the Bulldogs are where they are.

Fullback: Alex Rance (Richmond) - Another who should go back-to-back in the official team. He's been just as good as last year, if not better. Probably only been beaten three times this year, which says a lot considering the guys he plays on.

Back pocket: Heath Shaw (Greater Western Sydney) – He may be a Collingwood premiership player, but he's easily enjoyed the best year of his career, leading the competition in kicks. He's one of the reasons the Giants are knocking on the door.

Half-back flank: Bob Murphy (Western Bulldogs) – One of the elder statesmen of the team who has enjoyed a career-best year. Superb in the way he has led his young side.

Centre half-back: Michael Hurley (Essendon) – With his team under fire for much of the year, he has been one of the few Bombers who has stood up, consistently.

Half-back flank: Luke Hodge (Hawthorn): He has missed five games through suspension and almost played in every position, but this is where he does the most damage.

Interchange:

David Mundy (Fremantle) – One of the unsung heroes at the Dockers who has been ultra consistent.

Cyril Rioli (Hawthorn) – Has had the best season of his career. Easily the best 10-15 possession player I have ever seen.

Sam Mitchell (Hawthorn) – Continues to rack up possessions and be the best decision maker and ball getter in a powerful outfit.

Josh Kennedy (Sydney) – Backed up his 2014 and has been another consistent performer in the middle of ground.

Captain: Tex Walker (Adelaide) – There are three in the side who captain their respective sides (Hodge, Murphy and Walker), but given the circumstances of what Adelaide went through in the wake of Phil Walsh's death, I gave Walker the nod. It must have taken an enormous toll on the team and on Walker in his first year in the role. He won enormous respect for the way he led the team in the aftermath of that tragedy.

Coach: Luke Beveridge (Western Bulldogs) – Although we know that the All-Australian coach is usually the premiership coach, I'm nominating Beveridge for instilling belief and hope among the Dogs. The club lost last year's best and fairest winner, its CEO, coach and captain, but Beveridge has come in and has the Dogs dreaming of September glories.

* Notable absentees: Robbie Gray (Port Adelaide), Scot Pendlebury (Collingwood), Jeremy Cameron (GWS), Luke Dahlhaus (Western Bulldogs), Jack Riewoldt (Richmond).

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/wayne-carey-my-allaustralian-team-20150903-gje8qy.html#ixzz3kfhxGtNw

Interesting that Luke Dahlhaus is in his absentees, seeing as nobody in the media has said anything about him at all.

Not a bad team, apart from Hodge and a couple on the bench.
And shaw. He leads the league in kicks because he kicks it to himself every time he kicks in!

so did we ever get on the Footy Show in Dave Hughes segment?

I don't think so, which is why I found the panel's repeated comments tonight that Hughes "went to every club" a bit strange. I think I read on here that the club didn't want him to do it.

Unless he did do it and I'm just unaware. Certainly don't watch the Footy Show most weeks.

I don't think so, which is why I found the panel's repeated comments tonight that Hughes "went to every club" a bit strange. I think I read on here that the club didn't want him to do it.

Unless he did do it and I'm just unaware. Certainly don't watch the Footy Show most weeks.

Knowing the Footy Show, it's a little snipe at us, you know us being irrelevant and all:rolleyes:

Personally, I am glad the club distances itself from this trashy, misogynist rubbish.

True.

I think Lyon saying that Crossy wasn't a great player is a bit disrespectful. Just the way he said it sounded like he was all high and mighty.
Everyone knows that, you dont have to say it on is farewell. Wankjob

True.

I think Lyon saying that Crossy wasn't a great player is a bit disrespectful. Just the way he said it sounded like he was all high and mighty.
But he was a great player. Best player Melbourne have had in their jumper in a decade.

True.

Lyon is just a total f***stick in my opinion.

Zero class and did bugger all to get his club through its crisis that I could see. Made it worse if anything.

So happy we had Johnno and Grant instead of this media muppet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back