What They're Saying - The Bulldogs Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would we get more supporters at a game at Etihad compared to the G? Would that be a factor that we can convince the AFL?

I know it's the home of footy but I can see our supporters packing out a roofed Etihad with the belief we'll win, put fear into Adelaide woth a strong home ground feel. The G isn't our home ground, heck Adelaide play there as often as we do in recent years.

Provided that all MCG contractual agreements are met (they have) and we wouldn't otherwise get more than 55,000 show up (as against North or Richmond) why the bloody hell can't we choose to play in a stadium we've earnt as a nominal "home" team in a finals series?

Would we get more supporters at a game at Etihad compared to the G? Would that be a factor that we can convince the AFL?

I know it's the home of footy but I can see our supporters packing out a roofed Etihad with the belief we'll win, put fear into Adelaide woth a strong home ground feel. The G isn't our home ground, heck Adelaide play there as often as we do in recent years.

Provided that all MCG contractual agreements are met (they have) and we wouldn't otherwise get more than 55,000 show up (as against North or Richmond) why the bloody hell can't we choose to play in a stadium we've earnt as a nominal "home" team in a finals series?

Apparently the AFL reckon we'll get 50k+ fans to the G

Gotta give us Etihad if we're playing Adelaide. FFS.
AFL approach to scheduling when it comes to Western Bulldogs:

quote-all-animals-are-equal-but-some-animals-are-more-equal-than-others-george-orwell-139688.jpg

The only game that is considered feasible for Etihad would be a potential Western Bulldogs v Adelaide game – the match that would happen based on current ladder positions – but even then this would seem unlikely because the league believes that Crows fans will travel and this match would still draw more than 50,000.

Now don't you think a crowd of 50k+ at Etihad would look a lot better on TV than the MCG as well as giving us the Home Final we deserve.
Honestly this league is ****ed

We'll see what our new ceo's balls are made out of if he elects to take on the AFL and try and get our (possible) game at etihad.
I was gonna post something similar.

Show us what you're made of, David Stevenson!

So the one time we don't have that financial albatross and all the s**t that comes with it shoved down our throat is the one time it would actually offer a small advantage. That's some #fistedforever type s**t right there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hmm, looks familiar...

I posted a similar thread on the main board today and have had my fears confirmed that there are a lot of bottom feeders and trolls in that forum. So I'll come in here to raise the level of discussion amongst fellow Dogs supporters.

I keep hearing from opposition supporters that we have had a "much easier draw" than other finalists to get the necessary wins to qualify for September action.

This is not true.

The fixturing of the 2015 finalists against each other has in fact turned out to be pretty balanced.

By the end of the home and away fixture, all top 8 sides will have played at least 8 matches and at most 10 matches against the other finalists.

The top 8 win/loss records might surprise a few:

Hawthorn: 75% (6 wins, 2 losses)
Western Bulldogs: 62.5% (5 wins, 3 losses)
Fremantle: 60% (6 wins, 4 losses)
West Coast: 50% (5 wins, 5 losses)
Sydney: 37.5% (3 wins, 5 losses)
Richmond: 37.5% (3 wins, 5 losses)*
North Melbourne: 37.5% (3 wins, 5 losses)*
Adelaide: 37.5% (3 wins, 5 losses)
*play each other during Round 23

Yes. However, it is 2015 that people need to worry about. The Flag Will Wag.

No. I can't make it this year. Wait until next year when it looks like I'll be back for good.

Reckon Bev has kept this in mind, without knowing any stats I'd imagine we'd be among the lowest in terms of using interchange. Could be wrong but when I've looked we had always used less than the opposition (in fairness I've only looked around five times so very small sample size).

Reckon Bev has kept this in mind, without knowing any stats I'd imagine we'd be among the lowest in terms of using interchange. Could be wrong but when I've looked we had always used less than the opposition (in fairness I've only looked around five times so very small sample size).

Equal 10th-most in the league with 107 per match. Collingwood with the most (113) and Gold Coast with the fewest (104). Not much in it.

Equal 10th-most in the league with 107 per match. Collingwood with the most (113) and Gold Coast with the fewest (104). Not much in it.
Well there you go, thanks for proving me to be a fraud Dannnnnnn :p I shall keep my uninformed opinions to myself from here on! :p

Well there you go, thanks for proving me to be a fraud Dannnnnnn :p I shall keep my uniformed opinions to myself from here on! :p
In fairness, I thought your observation was pretty right too - looked it up out of curiosity, haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back