D4 D4 Section - 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really that simple, you can play a combined number of Ressies and Thirds games. Westbourne have a Thirds team, Braham played in a few times. The rule stipulates the thirds game must be Premier, and not Clubbies - which is the problem.​

Obvious that Westbourne does not have a thirds team. They have a CLUBBIES 18 Div 2 team.
So again poor management by the Club officials who either didn't check or didn't know. Stiff luck for the players though.

THE EYE
:cry:

Are you guys still talking about the bloody ressies and thirds stuff???oh boys spare me please.....let's get on to the topic of the main stuff which is Parkside VS Canterbury

My tip is Parkside by 3 goals and the little whippet Jack Friel for the norm smith medal

So based on your post I assume Point Cook requested this rather than VAFA admin picking up the error?
My understanding is that PC were aware pre game of said player and were talking it up post hiding. They took it to the VAFA Monday Morning. That said, rules are rules and the clerical error by one person/s from WGFC is unforgiveable. I heard players were shattered, emotional and distraught.

Hey lads, few years ago I played for St Marys, now retired just watching local footy nowdays. I remember the dark days of Parkside when we would win by 100 points each week and personally I did not look forward to playing you guys due to the lack of competition.

I regret thinking those thoughts and I am genuinely happy for the Parkside Football Club for the season they have had.
It is a credit to the clubs character and willingness to improve and become competitive again and it has paid off in spades.

I will be there on Saturday cheering you lads on, all the very best. If you happen to lose the Grand Final you can hold your heads high and be very proud of your efforts.

Congratulations and goodluck.

Hey lads, few years ago I played for St Marys, now retired just watching local footy nowdays. I remember the dark days of Parkside when we would win by 100 points each week and personally I did not look forward to playing you guys due to the lack of competition.

I regret thinking those thoughts and I am genuinely happy for the Parkside Football Club for the season they have had.
It is a credit to the clubs character and willingness to improve and become competitive again and it has paid off in spades.

I will be there on Saturday cheering you lads on, all the very best. If you happen to lose the Grand Final you can hold your heads high and be very proud of your efforts.

Congratulations and goodluck.
Thanks for your support. But like most blokes you seem to have gotten better with retirement. St Mary's never beat Parkside buy 100+ points, there greatest ever win over Parkside was 33 points, and head to head results would be shared pretty evenly.
Anyway, hopefully the boys can get over the line on sat, I'm tipping they will

Grand Final Tips

Seniors

Canterbury vs Parkside

Very interested to see who wins the ruck duel between Friel and Fitzgerald. I'm tipping Friel to win centre bounces and Fitz to win the majority of the other stoppages ... Centre clearances win games so I'm tipping Parkside by 2 goals. Shane McClaren to win B.O.G. Senior Potter to kick 5. McGillien to get suspended.

Reserves
Canterbury vs Point Cook - Canterbury by 10 goals

My understanding is that PC were aware pre game of said player and were talking it up post hiding. They took it to the VAFA Monday Morning. That said, rules are rules and the clerical error by one person/s from WGFC is unforgiveable. I heard players were shattered, emotional and distraught.

Point Cook hitting an all time low with this one.

Interested in TT thoughts on this?

So now that the truth of matter is arising, PCFC are delighted that both the VAFA and Canterbury have approved thier recommendation of re-instating Westbourne.

At no point was it any intention to have Westbourne ejected from the finals. We have put the time in to make sure Westbourne got in.

I hope that there is some retraction of statements from this point on.

As for Sunshine Heights Grima, your mob has zero credibility, and your players and coaches still waiting for payments from years gone by.

Go bang from 50, is a relevant name, as you watched every side go bang and beat your mob by 50 goals each week. Rabble

To the Canterbury & Point Cook Coaching Staff - you have restored faith in humanity. Some very selfless people at both clubs. A common sense decision and both clubs have been impacted through no fault of their own. This is why Ammo Footy and more importantly, the quality of the people involved see it stand head and shoulders above every other comp. Guessing Canterbury One's have just also earned themselves a 150 strong cheer squad behind the goals from 2pm.

So now that the truth of matter is arising, PCFC are delighted that both the VAFA and Canterbury have approved thier recommendation of re-instating Westbourne.

At no point was it any intention to have Westbourne ejected from the finals. We have put the time in to make sure Westbourne got in.

I hope that there is some retraction of statements from this point on.

As for Sunshine Heights Grima, your mob has zero credibility, and your players and coaches still waiting for payments from years gone by.

Go bang from 50, is a relevant name, as you watched every side go bang and beat your mob by 50 goals each week. Rabble

I take back my previous comment and congratulate your club on the decision.... but you are still a nothing club ;)

Just so everyone knows what happened and we can all move on, here is the explanation of recent day's events from Michael Sholly

Below is a summary of events which will hopefully give you the detail to explain to your members.
1.Westbourne Grammarians played an ineligible play in the Reserves preliminary final.
2.A request for investigation about that was lodged by Point Cook.
3.The Board investigated it and found that the player was ineligible.
4.The mistake made by Westbourne Grammarians was an administrative one – the Club had misread Rule 55C. They honestly believed the player was eligible, based on him having played a number of matches with their lower ranked team in Club XVIII.
5.The Board was satisfied the ineligible player did not affect the outcome of the preliminary final which Westbourne Grammarians won by 15 goals.
6.Nevertheless, the Board was required by Rule 48 to forfeit the match to Point Cook having regard to the ineligible player.
7.Point Cook has subsequently determined that it does not wish to accept the forfeit. Nor does it wish to replay the preliminary final or play in the grand final.
8.The Board has therefore determined that the Westbourne Grammarians should be permitted to play in the Grand Final on Saturday.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Point 2 is incorrect.

I was the one in contact with the Vafa, and the question I asked was if we could play our colts or one of our senior players who also played 3 reserves games.

We never asked for an investigation or were seeking a penalty for Westbourne. The questions asked were if we had missed a trick, not whether the Westbourne player was under qualified.

We took the view as a club that anyone playing must have qualified and trusted that each club had done thier homework.

At no stage was there any "lagging" or malice. If that was the intention, our club we would be playing this weekend.

I wish all three clubs participating in this weekends games all the best.

As for transparency, Dave Hudson from Westbourne has a copy of the email sent to VAFA last night. I hope this clears a fair bit up for the angst that was felt for our club by your boys. I hope that angst has subsided and replaced with excitement for a grand final.

Point 2 is incorrect.

I was the one in contact with the Vafa, and the question I asked was if we could play our colts or one of our senior players who also played 3 reserves games.

We never asked for an investigation or were seeking a penalty for Westbourne. The questions asked were if we had missed a trick, not whether the Westbourne player was under qualified.

We took the view as a club that anyone playing must have qualified and trusted that each club had done thier homework.

At no stage was there any "lagging" or malice. If that was the intention, our club we would be playing this weekend.

I wish all three clubs participating in this weekends games all the best.

As for transparency, Dave Hudson from Westbourne has a copy of the email sent to VAFA last night. I hope this clears a fair bit up for the angst that was felt for our club by your boys. I hope that angst has subsided and replaced with excitement for a grand final.

TT firstly I will say unbelievable sportsmanship by some at your club and we are very appreciative of that.Whilst I will disagree with you on your version of events it really is irrelevant now.See you next year looking
forward to Another Anzac day clash.Also Humphrey Bear is from Canterbury not Westbourne thx.

TT firstly I will say unbelievable sportsmanship by some at your club and we are very appreciative of that.Whilst I will disagree with you on your version of events it really is irrelevant now.See you next year looking
forward to Another Anzac day clash.Also Humphrey Bear is from Canterbury not Westbourne thx.

Yes I am from Canterbury. I didn't realise there was any confusion about that. The email I quoted was sent to us (as we were an interested party to the whole thing).

If that's the case the confusion lies between PCFC and the VAFA. I can only tell you our position, and we stated several times we are not making an official complaint. The VAFA asked us several times on Monday and Tuesday what we wanted done with it, and we told them everytime that if a decision is needed to be made that we will have no part in that. Its not up to PCFC to decide the fate at hq, of any other club than ours.

If we had of anticipated that the VAFA was going to throw out Westbourne, we would have trained Tuesday night. This didnt happen. We were informed at 8:30pm Tuesday via phone calls, and within 24 hours, without having a chance to have everyone in a room to make a decision, we were able to make a reccomendation to the Vafa of our intentions of not playing. We also filtered that back to Westbourne, so they could get thier ducks in a row upon the board and Canterbury approving the switch back.

100% the right outcome has come about. Some will argue if I never ask the question about if I could have played players x,y &z that had similar qualification as the Westbourne player in focus, that the whole thing could have been adverted. In fact I will say, next time I come across a similar situation, we probably handle it differently from the start, rather than assuming the other club has got it right and I have missed a loop hole in regards to selection. I'd go to the opposition club to clarify first.

Other than making that change, I'm 100% comfortable with the way as a club we have handled it. The two best teams play tomorrow, its not about the PCFC, go and give each other hell.

TT

Interesting dilemma.

What if the result was 1 point, rather than 90 points?

What if the "Westborne" player kicked the goal after the siren to win the game by 1 point.

I believe I would challenge the result in the above situations.

I also agree TT, the VAFA are great at pushing the decisions back on the clubs when it should be a decision made by the authorities. Makes it easy to blame the club that themselves.

If that's the case the confusion lies between PCFC and the VAFA. I can only tell you our position, and we stated several times we are not making an official complaint. The VAFA asked us several times on Monday and Tuesday what we wanted done with it, and we told them everytime that if a decision is needed to be made that we will have no part in that. Its not up to PCFC to decide the fate at hq, of any other club than ours.

If we had of anticipated that the VAFA was going to throw out Westbourne, we would have trained Tuesday night. This didnt happen. We were informed at 8:30pm Tuesday via phone calls, and within 24 hours, without having a chance to have everyone in a room to make a decision, we were able to make a reccomendation to the Vafa of our intentions of not playing. We also filtered that back to Westbourne, so they could get thier ducks in a row upon the board and Canterbury approving the switch back.

100% the right outcome has come about. Some will argue if I never ask the question about if I could have played players x,y &z that had similar qualification as the Westbourne player in focus, that the whole thing could have been adverted. In fact I will say, next time I come across a similar situation, we probably handle it differently from the start, rather than assuming the other club has got it right and I have missed a loop hole in regards to selection. I'd go to the opposition club to clarify first.

Other than making that change, I'm 100% comfortable with the way as a club we have handled it. The two best teams play tomorrow, its not about the PCFC, go and give each other hell.

So, where does the truth lie? Given you've absolutely denied the written word of the Ammo's - Have they lied? Not seeing too many shades of grey in - "2.A request for investigation about that was lodged by Point Cook."

Okay, on to the most important game of the season, although many do say that with promotion, it can be argued that the 2nd Semi and Prelim are just as important. But we all play for premierships. Great to see one of my local area teams in the big dance and my faith from the start of the season has been repaid. The Red Devils to make it a fairytale ending. Canterbury vs Parkside.

Last edited:
Okay, on to the most important game of the season, although many do say that with promotion, it can be argued that the 2nd Semi and Prelim are just as important. But e all play for premierships. Great to see one of my local area teams in the big dance and my faith from the start of the season has been repaid. The Red Devils to make it a fairytale ending. Canterbury vs Parkside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back