Rumour Big name from Port on the way out

Remove this Banner Ad

To keep him away from Carlton who were offering 350-400k per year around 2012 when we were in a position of a potential mass exodus. We signed up players like Butcher on 400-450k per year and Andrew Moore on about 300-350k per year. Both play in the SANFL and both will most likely be gone or on substantially lower contracts next season.

Seriously. Our cap is fine.

In order of your most important/best players Gray wouldnt be top 3, and being a midfielder means he is easier to replace.

1. Wingard
2. Wines
3. Boak

According to the AFL he's the 2nd best player in the competition. Let alone Port Adelaide.
He'd be our best chance of a Brownlow this year.

He also signed a 5 year deal at the end of last season after we re-signed him in 2011 on a 4 year deal after he badly did his ACL. He aint going anywhere.

Lol classic. You Port supporters sure are salty. Probably a bit bored since you have nothing to do this week after you'd been saving up all summer for grand final tickets.

Would love to keep talking shit but we've got a final to play Sunday so I'll be off to read more about that.

Lol classic. You Port supporters sure are salty. Probably a bit bored since you have nothing to do this week after you'd been saving up all summer for grand final tickets.

Would love to keep talking shit but we've got a final to play Sunday so I'll be off to read more about that.
In other words: I know I am wrong, I am gunna troll you guys to try and recover from my fail. I am leaving now before I embarrass myself even more

You're just cranky that we took your beloved 9th spot.
Not to worry a change of culture and succes is not imminent at tigerland.

Hahaha a Richmond supporter trying to give us shit because we aren't playing finals.

Classic

In order of your most important/best players Gray wouldnt be top 3, and being a midfielder means he is easier to replace.

1. Wingard
2. Wines
3. Boak
Robbie gray is ports best player, wingard chasing him down. He would be the best player at norf by such a length its a joke. Hes arguably top 3 in the AFL let alone on our list.

171602_8be96a40adb60f200aaa9ad2de9241aa.jpg

Could it be this guy?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Let me put these stupid "Port Adelaide has no room in the salary cap" rumours to bed once and for all.

This year we overspent the salary cap because if we didn't it would go, not because we had to to keep all our players. The salary cap this year was $10.071 million. We spent 105% of the cap, or an extra $503,550 that we used to front load the contracts of Gray and Ryder. Next year, the salary cap goes up $10.36 million...and that's before the new CBA agreement comes into effect the year after. David King was on record last year that Port had $1.2m a year in their cap to spend on a huge key forward. Plus, the 5 year deal that Monfries signed for $600k per year was most assuredly front loaded beyond belief since we had Wines and Wingard on their standard AFL draft contracts in 2013. Ditto that for Carlile who signed a 5 year deal in 2013.

What makes people think that Geelong circa 2007 could fit Ablett, Bartell, Enright, Johnson, Corey, Scarlett, Mooney, Ottens, Varcoe, Stokes, Mackie et al onto their list, or Hawthorn circa 2013 can fit Franklin, Roughead, Hodge, Mitchell, Lewis, Burgoyne, Rioli, Hill, Gunston, Breust, Hale, Gibson et al onto their list...but we can't find room for Charlie Dixon? It beggars belief, really. Meanwhile all we have is Boak, Gray, Hartlett, Wines, Ryder, Wingard and Dixon who would be on major coin next year. Unless you think guys like Broadbent, Lobbe and Pittard are on 500k+ contracts?

The only reason Hartlett might be under consideration is the fact that he'll be a free agent next year because he's out of contract and we'd want to see if he's gonna stick around before we give up a young elite midfielder that we could select with pick 10. But by that time, the new CBA comes into effect for his new deal and you guys can all kiss our hairy yellow butts. Sorry if you guys can't manage your lists as well as we can.

Good post till you got on your high horse. Port had a poor year and finished ninth. You had to hand back that premiership you guys won in January.

Most sides can manage to fit a ninth placed side under the salary cap. When you guys win something, then come back and gloat

Good post till you got on your high horse. Port had a poor year and finished ninth. You had to hand back that premiership you guys won in January.

Most sides can manage to fit a ninth placed side under the salary cap. When you guys win something, then come back and gloat
Shouldn't you be in a thread somewhere begging for a priority pick.. Trigg lol Carlton's troubles ain't even started yet.

Shouldn't you be in a thread somewhere begging for a priority pick.. Trigg lol Carlton's troubles ain't even started yet.

I actually don't care whether we get a PP just pointing out Bigfooty's hypocrisy.

And on that note, shouldn't you be in mourning about having to hand back the premiership you won in January?

The saltiness towards Port is strong in this thread. So far, no one at the club has requested a trade and there is more evidence to suggest the players can be fit in the salary cap than otherwise stated.

The only big name player likely to leave is Schulz. And with the news of Cam McCarthy potentially joining a WA team (most likely Freo) then Schulz may not leave anyway.

I actually don't care whether we get a PP just pointing out Bigfooty's hypocrisy.

And on that note, shouldn't you be in mourning about having to hand back the premiership you won in January?
Typical Carlton flogs always stirring the pot. Then again, what else do you do with a wooden spoon?

Typical Carlton flogs always stirring the pot. Then again, what else do you do with a wooden spoon?

Typical #puffer. What else would I expect from a club who has constantly had a chip on it's shoulder, whether it be club jumper, poor crowd or always coming second in its own state :)

Typical #puffer. What else would I expect from a club who has constantly had a chip on it's shoulder, whether it be club jumper, poor crowd or always coming second in its own state :)
That's alright we didn't have to cheat, get given multiple priority picks or get given multiple blockbuster time slots despite mediocrity to turn our club around. :):thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back