Rumour Another H Sun Rumour - Nick Riewoldt, no naming other names or cards will fly.

Remove this Banner Ad

and he(assume it is a he) calls me a flog

HannibalLecterSirAnthonyHopkins or Barrie Kosky , which is one's sperrmite de jour
Unless you’re Chris Gayle, then I wasn’t. If you are, or are indeed your beloved Girard ‘the ****’, then you might have a case. And as for those other names you mentioned, they seem to be of importance to you, but not so much, if at all to me.

Unless you’re Chris Gayle, then I wasn’t. If you are, or are indeed your beloved Girard ‘the ****’, then you might have a case. And as for those other names you mentioned, they seem to be of importance to you, but not so much, if at all to me.
I don't like Gayle , I think he is a tin-ear muppet on roids who is one of a handful of best-ever ODI and 20/20 batsman , I support his freedom and autonomy and choices to surpass Buddy Franklin's metric ton body-count , just because I support his freedom does not mean I support/approve of his values FuManchu one day you will recognise his freedom was the reason you also have liberty in Australia

He was uncouth and tin-ear , and arrogant enough to think he could make a go of it , Mel parlays that to heightened opportunities in a very competitive employment marketplace

one may suggest if one was to take a principled stance on sexual harassment then they would not have taken advantage of the opportunity

i 100% support McLaughlin's freedom to capitalise on the incident for promotions and opportunities and $

the world is complicated mate , it is not a simple he v she reductive assessment , you can't merely distil it down to that media broadcast , you disagree , you think you can I think you can't ... that doesn't mean Gayle was right or wrong or EVEN misread the exchange*
*I do think he misread the exchange like you , or perhaps arrogance and virility trumped that (see:CindyCrawford to TigerWoods)

the puritans won this^(my take) proving the toxic masculinity

Last edited:
I don't like Gayle , I think he is a tin-ear muppet on roids who is one of a handful of best-ever ODI and 20/20 batsman , I support his freedom and autonomy and choices to surpass Buddy Franklin's metric ton body-count , just because I support his freedom does not mean I support/approve of his values FuManchu one day you will recognise his freedom was the reason you also have liberty in Australia

He was uncouth and tin-ear , and arrogant enough to think he could make a go of it , Mel parlays that to heightened opportunities in a very competitive employment marketplace

one may suggest if one was to take a principled stance on sexual harassment then they would not have taken advantage of the opportunity

i 100% support McLaughlin's freedom to capitalise on the incident for promotions and opportunities and $

the world is complicated mate , it is not a simple he v she reductive assessment , you can't merely distil it down to that media broadcast , you disagree , you think you can I think you can't ... that doesn't mean Gayle was right or wrong or EVEN misread the exchange*
*I do think he misread the exchange like you , or perhaps arrogance and virility trumped that (see:CindyCrawford to TigerWoods)

the puritans won this^(my take) proving the toxic masculinity
I can distil it down to anything I choose. Gayle can make a fool of himself and he can also face the consequences for doing so. It’s a win win situation. He did what he wanted to do and those who critiqued him, got to do what they wanted.

^this

social mores highjacked by the puritans

think Caribbean cricketer opener Chris Gayle who propositioned Mel McL for a 'date' six years back

<think> Australian wicketkeeper captain being sacked two years back

Buddy Franklin's metric ton under six months at Hawthorn does not match an Australian cricketer in a Carribbean tour in 90s in those ±7 weeks , it was not Damian Martyn nor the WA all-rounder who 6'4” best looking guy B Julian , not SKW , but the laaaast guy you think
the female actress/commentator from Sydney Kerry fired upon hearing her live commentary on the GTV9 cricket and castigated producers decision , she spoke of Pakistan's last primeminister and sexual come-hither'ness , name not Carolyne Kennedy but like that , she then had a dalliance with Imran , Greg Blewett's Adelaide wife , the Saffa fastman and female C9 commentator/journo ...

folks fail to discern the water they swim in

it is nothing less than a solipsism fallacy one-o-one

the soft-cultural-revolution kicks in to gear as the money goes bad* and the Basel overnight lending(repo) rate hikes 800% in September 2019 at BIS(bankofinternationalsettlements/centralbankofcentralbanks)

*twas over two-decades-in-the-making/boiling frog 🐸

evo
@contramundum
medusala
rugmop
edit: Contra Mundum

edit: i) Chris Gayle
edit: ii) NIDA actress Catherine Fitzsimmons
The identity of the cricketing pantsman in the Caribbean is an eye-opener

CPM media sales
cheese slices GIF

Chief , this is the AndrewDemetriou/GillonMcLachlan model , to put into relief NRL or Union NRU or tennis or soccer , you promote your game as the most popular game for the opposite sex , also crowd out tennis cricket basketball netball and soccer

they figure farrrrr more revenue and profit to include the new market of fans (2005±~ish)

Chief , this is the AndrewDemetriou/GillonMcLachlan model , to put into relief NRL or Union NRU or tennis or soccer , you promote your game as the most popular game for the opposite sex , also crowd out tennis cricket basketball netball and soccer

they figure farrrrr more revenue and profit to include the new market of fans (2005±~ish)
The marketing brief: "Hey lets NOT treat women like s**t."

The marketing brief: "Hey lets NOT treat women like s**t."

no they need to centre this niche into a significant participant , not a revenue stream

Gina should have come over-the-top-of-the-AFL and made a SuperLeague before Demetriou and Gillon got a league up , all old VFL grounds quasi-dormant

It really is a shame Darebin is not heading the league and teams using this social zeitgeist to burnish their brand

Chief , as Natalie P was here to see (w Australian producer friend)
the male game was never for EXPORT , but the women's game could find traction , no not Ireland

grounds 25% smaller , sherrins/RossFaulkners/Burnleys 20% smaller , winter game versus men , potential use rectangular ground with gridiron U goals of Matthew Barney , less on field players (14?) if you sell it to participants as bigger and better than men and ONLY/sole export model (in 3 decades) , possible to overcome material(significant) obstacles like gridiron U goals , because you need to be able to play on existing infrastructure O/S which are rectangular soccer grounds and gridiron grounds

I am such a faaaar right chauvanist I canvassed this outright exploitation of the opposite sex

thee cultural challenge of altering minor elements of the game IS significant , but you may get buy-in if you pitch it as beating the MEN and if an indIgenous or native game could ever succeed on export the men's collision games are too culturally ingrained and ground infrastructure doesn't exist but slight manipulation it would have ZERO comparison to Gaelic apart from rectangular fields

The women's game could be tweaked for export and win

RussellEbertHandball

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Chief you are just patronising people , I put a brief to the opposite sex and offer the bloc a win , versus patronising them to market to and burnish a corporate brand ,.look at how Larry Kestleman made the NBL , Gina Rinehart could have made football a complete international game under the women's banner , MvLachlan/Gale could not accomplish this because off axiomatic baked-in impediments to the male economic market , such impediments don't exist for the women's game . But you are playing rhetoric game to appeal and signal nice

i want none of that , practical action =/= rhetoric and worda

Last edited:

So what?

ask others ,to imply bad-faith smears on good-faith contritors reflects on those doing the friction
Why is growing a sports product "bad faith"?
virtue signalling =\= actions
Yes.

Who is virtue signalling? You're hung up on this Chris Gayle thing. The event where "she had it coming from the way she presents herself, and she wasn't REALLY offended just playing it up for the Insta followers" was the thrust of your argument.

It’s common knowledge in the world of reality that he tried to sleaze onto Mel McLaughlin on live TV. The moron should have known better.
Serious or a joke it was grubby and a lot of women in the media echoed her frustration and recognised her discomfort.

There are some who cannot understand and want to pin it on anything and everything else.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back