Rumour Dimma (& Dusty?) heading to the Suns

Remove this Banner Ad

Will happily drop him off at the airport if we are given a juicy 1st rounder and out of favour kid like Hollands

We pay a decent whack of Dusty’s contract and give back some draft capital for points to help suns bid

Or

Dusty says and plays 300 games at Richmond

Win/win

But I’m not sure why the suns would go for Dusty
As good as he is he is probably in his last 3 years of footy at a maximum and unless they genuinely think the suns can contend and win a flag im not sure Dusty really offers them

If they are after a marquee player they would be better off trying to invest in a younger one imo

Last edited:
Will happily drop him off at the airport if we are given a juicy 1st rounder and out of favour kid like Hollands

We pay a decent whack of Dusty’s contract and give back some draft capital for points to help suns bid

Or

Dusty says and plays 300 games at Richmond

Win/win

Only the Suns would be stupid enough to trade a first and a kid taken with Pick 7 for a 32 year old Dusty

Dusty aside, who else in the Richmond team could potentially be poachable by the Suns
Maybe some role players at the tail end or seemingly out of favour

Kmac, Jack (Graham it is), Ivvy Soldo or Hugo Ralphsmith could maybe offer value

Only the Suns would be stupid enough to trade a first and a kid taken with Pick 7 for a 32 year old Dusty

They have 2 of the best kids in the draft from their academy this year. Why not trade a first rounder bring in a second-round and other picks and use
those as your points and draft two first rounds and dusty for nothing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not believing until Billy ray says he has seen him looking at houses in the area.
Eddie Murphy Smiling GIF by Amazon Prime Video

Doubt Dusty would follow Hardwick.

I'd guess the Mrs Hardwick scenario will have weakened some of his relationships at Richmond, especially with what I'm presuming is a loyalty is important type like Dusty.

Did you not see them give away a player and top ten pick last year for basically nothing!!!! Stupid isn’t the world … I do think there is a word …

Or trade pick 7 and Bowes for basically to Geelong.
amazing what happens when you give a club the wrong type of assistance.
like a plethora of picks which 2-3 years later means your salary cap is in trouble as you have to pay them to keep them.

the AFL needs to introduce extra picks for when teams need them but they must be tradeable, not used.
so you get mature recruits who can instantly be in top 22 and play and hopefully turn things around.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back