Luke Hodge caught drink driving - $5000 fine, free to play.

Remove this Banner Ad

I met Luke Hodge at an event for kids with cancer today. He was donating his time and must have signed hundreds of autographs and taken hundreds of photos. Apparently he's not satan after all

"the finest trick of the devil is to persuade you that he does not exist" - Baudelaire

cheers lads.

being drunk is so subjective. should the limit be 0?

I think so. The law says it's ok to drive half pissed. That's batshit crazy.
The .05 level does not determine your capability to drive a car. Some people are unaffected way over that limit, while others shouldn't be allowed anywhere near a car after two drinks. The only sensible approach is zero blood alcohol.

The big problem with the .05 law is that the decision to drive is made by someone that has consumed alcohol, and alcohol does not improve your ability to make a rational decision.

Exactly

A lot of high and mighties on here

No one denies hodge did the wrong thing, but some do have an issue with why they are so offended

i still maintain that club loyalties blind everyone when it comes to transgressions of their own players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

http://bit.ly/1Y7eV9u

Pretty interesting article and on the money for mine. Hodge obviously not in the right frame of mind to play and most of the players followed suit. Again shows what a weak decision it was by the Hawks to allow him to play.

Yes and I'm asking why that upsets you and makes you whinge so much.

You're further gone than I thought Roby. If you can't see why someone would be upset at someone breaking the law and putting innocent lives at risk, you are well and truly stupid.

But feel free to keep defending him, he's obviously playing great footy on the back of it, which according to Hawthorn is all that matters.

You're further gone than I thought Roby. If you can't see why someone would be upset at someone breaking the law and putting innocent lives at risk, you are well and truly stupid.

But feel free to keep defending him, he's obviously playing great footy on the back of it, which according to Hawthorn is all that matters.
Well if it upsets you so much then why are you wasting time here on a forum when you should be campaigning for against drink driving? Not sure if you know this but the law and government that rules this state did not suspended Luke's licence. He is free to drive.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back