Bumped Brad Miller?

Remove this Banner Ad

Nov 22, 2003
AFL Club
Richmond
I know he's in MFC's leadership group etc and as a 23yo, 193cm and 96kg KPP he has inherent value perhaps greater than his actual abilities, but frankly I'd like him in a Tiger jumper, especially for his mongrel. Then again, I would like a trip to Europe.

Frankly I'd prefer us to look at Miller before Polak - less baggage, more ticker and cheaper. All academic I guess, as Dees unlikely to trade for what we'd be prepared to pay and wiser folks than me might remind me that he's not much chop, but I would really like someone agressive in our back half. No way do we have anywhere near enough mongrel in our side and it'd be nice to see us be able to intimidate other sides as well as being able to run better beep tests than them.

Good evening...

UpTheGuts said:
I know he's in MFC's leadership group etc and as a 23yo, 193cm and 96kg KPP he has inherent value perhaps greater than his actual abilities, but frankly I'd like him in a Tiger jumper, especially for his mongrel. Then again, I would like a trip to Europe.

Frankly I'd prefer us to look at Miller before Polak - less baggage, more ticker and cheaper. All academic I guess, as Dees unlikely to trade for what we'd be prepared to pay and wiser folks than me might remind me that he's not much chop, but I would really like someone agressive in our back half. No way do we have anywhere near enough mongrel in our side and it'd be nice to see us be able to intimidate other sides as well as being able to run better beep tests than them.

Good evening...

I agree with you that Miller would be a better choice than Polak, but I strongly disagree that he'd be cheaper to obtain. I also don't think he's going anywhere. Would fit in to the yellow & black nicely. Melbourne would want a first rounder, maybe a 2nd rounder and a decent player, if he's even a trade possibility.

duckboy said:
I agree with you that Miller would be a better choice than Polak, but I strongly disagree that he'd be cheaper to obtain. I also don't think he's going anywhere. Would fit in to the yellow & black nicely. Melbourne would want a first rounder, maybe a 2nd rounder and a decent player, if he's even a trade possibility.

100% agree, would come at a massive price, played pretty well in demons first final to....They'd wanna keep him unless its an offer too good to refuse and thats not the kind of territory we should be entering

I think he would be awsome at CHB and to add grunt to the back line aswell. Would trade these:

Possibilities:
Krakour
Gasper - If he doesn't retire/delisted
Tivendale
Tambling
Hartigan
Jackson - If not delisted

#1 Tigers Fan said:
I think he would be awsome at CHB and to add grunt to the back line aswell. Would trade these:

Possibilities:
Krakour
Gasper - If he doesn't retire/delisted
Tivendale
Tambling
Hartigan
Jackson - If not delisted

You've got to be kidding #1 Fan. The only one of those players any club, let alone Melbourne, would take out of that list is Tambling. And I'm damn sure they wouldn't swap Tambling for Miller. Neither would I.
Besides, why would we trade Tambling?

duckboy said:
You've got to be kidding #1 Fan. The only one of those players any club, let alone Melbourne, would take out of that list is Tambling. And I'm damn sure they wouldn't swap Tambling for Miller. Neither would I.
Besides, why would we trade Tambling?

Dont worry some people feel that if a player has an injury interupted 1st season and then not immediatly step up next year and start dominating games they should be traded and not be given any chance. :rolleyes:

Of course most of these people absolutley love Pettifer. ;)

Calcium Man said:
Dont worry some people feel that if a player has an injury interupted 1st season and then not immediatly step up next year and start dominating games they should be traded and not be given any chance. :rolleyes:

Of course most of these people absolutley love Pettifer. ;)

Yeah Tambling sucks, he isn't a superstar yet and its already his second year, plus he is getting fairly old at 20 years old, and for that matter JON didn't show much this year neither did Hughes or Casserly lets trade or delist them too.

He'd be great to have but would he be worth the money? I'd probably lean towards probably not. We have Hughes who are developing to play the CHF position which is where Miller is best suited too. If we played him on the as a CHB he'd be handy but we wouldn't get the best out of him. Because of this I don't think he'd be worth the dough although I feel he really is a quality player when he's playing CHF (See Freo match).

Talking to a friend of mine who is a big Dee's supporter and knows a bit about footy (yes I know that it's almost a oxymoron a Melbourne supporter who know's about the game and the players names) and on several ocassions has said the TD putting Miller to CHB has sent Millers carrer backwards.

He is a good lead up CHF which we have covered more than a KP backman. I just don't think he is suited to the back line. I thought he was Melbournes best on Friday night and except for a few brain fades (A trait that would see him fit into the Tiger's sqaud:rolleyes: ) he played a great game.

If the coaching staff at the Dee's finally gets it and leaves him at CHF they put themselves in good steed for next season.

If the coaching staff are looking at trading for Miller, they would be well advised to actually ask a couple of higher profile Melbourne players as to how they rate him as a player, in particular his skill level and his 'tough guy' tag. Their responses may surprise many........
Go Tiges!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good evening...
Your wish came true!

Not sure why the bump, but gee that makes me grimace. Casserley, Hughes, JON, Tambling.

Ah well.

We all want the same thing. Been wishing for it too long.
Casserly could have made it had he not had rasher bacon hamstrings first time round and had one less sudafed before his second time.

I knew it. The split between Brad and Pia has been coming for a long time. They used to be madly in love with eachother and always had pictures of eachother on their instagram accounts. When Pia became more famous and Brad became less famous, it started to die out a bit and there were only pics of the kids and miscellaneous stuff. Watching her macking on with blokes on H&A very convincingly made me raise my eyebrows too, all while Brad was off doing his own thing without the family.

You know what they say though, doesn't matter how gorgeous a woman is, somewhere out there, there's a bloke who is sick of her s**t. Or maybe she was sick of his s**t, who knows.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back