Mega Thread Possible trades in 2015 for the Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy shit, that's Schache's kid?

I'd heard the name, and wondered, but just assumed, given what happened to Laurence, that it wasn't any relation...

That's pretty awesome - his dad was a champion of a bloke.

He passed away within a few weeks of Jamie Tape IIRC. Both from WWTFC

My point was that my source went to Brighton and has a lot of sacred heart mates who are about reddens brothers age

Not saying I believe it and my source isn't saying its gospel but thought it was worth sharing and explaining its validity whether on not it has any merit I'm not sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reddens brother was sacked from the crows for being on the piss too much wasn't he

Seem to recall he was out one night before the Glenelg game and he called Richie Douglas in the early hours of the morning to tell him to come out and then he reported it back to the crows

This was when Douglas was playing for Glenelg in his first year at the crows

Reddens brother was sacked from the crows for being on the piss too much wasn't he

Seem to recall he was out one night before the Glenelg game and he called Richie Douglas in the early hours of the morning to tell him to come out and then he reported it back to the crows

Seriously I don't ever remember a redden on our list. time flys.

Tom Redden, Pick 29 in the 2005 Rookie Draft. 190cm midfielder that played 0 games.

There seems to be an automatic assumption, probably from those still living in Adelaide, that if you grew up there, of course you're going to want to come back. Please let's not turn this into a 'how great a city Adelaide is' debate but it's just not the case. For a lot of people, once you've lived somewhere else, you don't want to go back. The club has to deal with the fact that, until there's teams in Tassie and Canberra, Adelaide's the least desirable city to come and play in (we should have a cap allowance for that). And don't get upset if guys like Aish and Redden want to live elsewhere; it's their lives, they're adults and should have the right to choose like the rest of us do.
The Perth clubs have had a harder time getting WA kids back than SA clubs have.
Kids play AFL to win premierships. They want to play at clubs they think are going places.
Our club has an issue at the moment with being attractive to players to move here.
Port havent had a problem getting players, and last I checked Port was in Adelaide.

What?! You have us losing one of the competition's elites and getting a fringe player and a guy with bad knees and commitment issues (and a mild pick upgrade).

That's awful man.

Why is everyone going soft? Why should we 'take what we can get'? We hear this 'enter the draft' threat every year from managers. The FA is irrelevant as soon as we match (and why wouldn't we? The RFA rule is there for a reason). Other players going to Geelong is irrelevant. What the AFLPA, Connors, the media and Patrick himself think is irrelevant.

The only thing that matters is that Geelong want one of our great players and they need to give us what he's worth. If they don't have it, they have to find it.

Settle down, Lindy.

Getting Pick 9 for Danger is the worst case scenario, I absolutely want more and we should demand more - but as long as we're taking Pick 9 into the draft (regardless of what else we get from Geelong), I'm happy to part with Pick 13 to get some young talent.

Menzel is the one from Carlton. His knees are fine.
Anderson is a fringe player in the team that just won three flags and he's 21.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Becuase I dont think Thompson's performance last year (2014) was worth $620k a year, even taking into account a net salary cap effect of approx. $400k. Do you?

A shrewd club should use this to their advantage and a veteran potentially on his last legs should not demand that much.

Keep in mind we did not know he would have a year like he did and potentially could have finished outside our best 22 if some kids came on. Do you think he should be paid $600k+ again next year?

Just my opinion ;)
Yes, he should be on $600k+ again next year, noting that the contract was only signed recently and is based on his 2015 performances.

Right now, he's our #1 midfielder going into 2016. Brad Crouch can't get on the park. Dangerfield will be playing for Geelong. Thompson is next in line, even ahead of Sloane, given his ability to win the contested ball and clearances. His salary will reflect that level of performance and standing.

Who says he's on his last legs? I think 2016 will be his final season, but his 2015 performance was the best we've seen from him in several years (being injury free helped significantly). The end can come quickly for players at his age, but for now it's fair to be expecting him to play as well as ever in 2016.

You're entitled to your opinion, and it's shared by many here. I think you're wrong, but that's just my opinion too. I don't have any inside information as to what his actual contract would be, but I would be shocked if the total figure was less than $600k.

Yep, you are right... hasn't been signed off... but seems inevitable if there is agreement from the AFLPA.

PHASED REFORM OF THE VETERANS ALLOWANCE
• Current veterans allowance to be retained at $118k per eligible player in 2015 and 2016
Agreement from AFLPA that the veterans allowance will be abolished from season 2017

"The Competitive Balance Policy will be reviewed during 2016 before the AFL Commission establishes a financial strategy for 2017-2021."

http://www. .com.au/news/2014-06-04/afl-statement-competitive-balance-policy-syd.

Thanks for the reference.:thumbsu:

Backup ruck?

Sorry but things are so quiet I thought I would ask opinions on getting a cheap backup ruck, all the redden, aish, Menzel talk is great but it feels like fishing In a salt lake

ROB will be a good with time but with lowden & injurys I see us looking for a tall ceiling to back up

Andrew Phillips could come cheap, a trade with one of our forward mids would be a good idea IMO
Not a priority this year. We have Jacobs, JJ, RO'B and Lowden. I don't see that there is a need for a 5th ruckman on our list.

bruise free insults? Don't be the Ricky Henderson of smack chat

have another go :D

See, I thought your mother would have had you while she was IN high school, so I would have gone in a different direction.

Not quite right, he wanted to borrow Douglas's sofa for some exercising.

Not a priority this year. We have Jacobs, JJ, RO'B and Lowden. I don't see that there is a need for a 5th ruckman on our list.

Dear (197cm) was recruited as a part time ruck too. Will be interesting to see how he develops in the next 12 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back