Game Day McMurphy Crows at the G v Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

I wonder if Nicks will claim McHenry had an impact? ******* useless effort from a sub. Sholl was doing fine and you don’t sub a running player FFS

Unless it was a coaches instruction, Sholl was not in the same postcode as his direct opponent in the first half. J.Daicos was doing as he liked under no defensive pressure.

But I agree, (another) tactical blunder to take off one of your best runners when the game was opening up.

Up to Q3 of the replay

First centre bounce Rankine feeds it by hand to Laird in space. Has plenty of time plus Walker leading into an acre of space. No pressure whatsoever.

Absolutely flubs the kick, misses Walker by a mile, turnover.

I think he's pretty much done unfortunately.

Unfortunately Nix couldn't handle his sulking, it hurt his delicate feelings. So doubtful he'll even move him out of the midfield or have a conversation about how he's going. Assuming Nix even sees an issue with that type of play. If it led to a throw in or stoppage he'd have been chuffed.

Thilthorpe plays 2 good games a year the same as his1st year. Fogarty shows something then goes missing for weeks.
So you reckon were gonna go for Welsh another Forward in the draft? Not a midfielder? I suppose it's better than a nothing player like Jones

Welsh is a father son that we hopefully get in the first round with a late second and a couple of thirds. Of course we're "gonna go for Welsh".

Of course they would. Good Tassie boy, well behaved, mature head etc. Bring him in to set standards and play a role until they get someone better.

It's not like they'll have to give up anything to get him. Will be given an armchair ride to take any Tassie players they want.
If he was on North’s list then the AFL would give them first round compo for him to go to Tassie.

Welsh is a father son that we hopefully get in the first round with a late second and a couple of thirds. Of course we're "gonna go for Welsh".
Yep and he will be good too. I was scattered when I made that comment and not sure of the process for father son picks. We definitely need midfield picks as a top priority though

Depressingly somewhat accurate, but Soligo, Max, Worrell, Keane, Hinge and Nank, I think have kicked on nicely. Rach on his way too. Peds, Filthy and Muz surely trend up from here. The ~50 gamers are solid.

The big issue I see is the poor performance of the +75 game players like Smith, Murph, Ned, Laird, ROB and even Tex and Fog at times.
Oh yeah that group are doing well but the real damage when we inflict it is mainly coming from Izak and Dawson.

Carrying Jones, Ned etc along with senior players playing horrid is the main thing.

Also take Dawson and Rankine out, the flow on effect happens too. Soligo gets more attention and would only be playing with our other great mids.
:$

Yep and he will be good too. I was scattered when I made that comment and not sure of the process for father son picks. We definitely need midfield picks as a top priority though

Just need to hope we've already used our first on a mid before the bid comes. Would be devastating if our first goes in a match for a forward. Hopefully we trade up a few spots to around 4 or 5.

Just need to hope we've already used our first on a mid before the bid comes. Would be devastating if our first goes in a match for a forward. Hopefully we trade up a few spots to around 4 or 5.

3 wins after 10 games, at this rate we won't need much to trade for pick 5.

We could even receive something to go from pick 4 to 5.

If that ends up being the case, I hope they try and use next years picks for something extra (before the Welsh bid ) to get either another early pick or for a ready to go midfielder who can impact straight away.

3 wins after 10 games, at this rate we won't need much to trade for pick 5.

We could even receive something to go from pick 4 to 5.

We've not been that bad, we're getting beaten in close games by good sides. We'll probably put enough wins on the board to finish around 10th. My predictor has us 11th, but given a couple of sides dropping a bit, I might need to re-do after last couple of weeks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rachelle ....the biggest pretender I've seen .....laughable that anyone would compare him to Toby

If Nicks keeps playing Laird / Crouch .....he deserves to have his coaching career cut short ......just dumb coaching & it WILL cost us the game

Thanks for hiding Dawson up forward ..... another DUMB move

Game was over 2 Qtrs ago
How did I miss this!!!

Yeah, this is my concern if Welsh ends up going early. I'm not seeing a huge amount of buzz around him though so hopefully we can match later in the first round and still use our pick.

Well, I'm proud of the lads for not giving up. When Pies got the run on it looked like we would get rolled by 10 goals. instead we could have won in the last seconds of the game. We are there and thereabouts despite the poor mistakes made in the coaching and selection box. Also despite the fact that we are two CLASSY players short and are carrying several lesser quality players (which I think most teams have).
Good summary Jen.

The line is equal to the back of the post though not the padding.
I don’t know the rule in regards to the padding but they always compare the ball to other the post or the line, which are in line.
In that screen shot all the ball is past the post.
I think you'll find the padding is considered part of the post. If ball touches padding, it's a point.
Goal line is the back of the post including padding.

That second quarter will haunt the team of the rest of the season.

We put ourselves in this situation because of 10-20 minutes of poor play. It's always going to come down to a decision late. A lapse in play the game comes down to the final minutes which we ultimately fail most times.

You cannot afford a bad start on the road. Not against this team which nearly always wins despite not playing their best.

We've not been that bad, we're getting beaten in close games by good sides. We'll probably put enough wins on the board to finish around 10th. My predictor has us 11th, but given a couple of sides dropping a bit, I might need to re-do after last couple of weeks.
Same here. And on purpose had Port losing the showdown and last game of year in perth to make sure they missed out.

1716176892937.png

Same here. And on purpose had Port losing the showdown and last game of year in perth to make sure they missed out.

View attachment 1994956

I had us finishing 13th on 9 wins

Any higher than that required us to win at least two of these games

Sydney (home)
GWS (home)
Brisbane (away)
Essendon (away)
Geelong (away)
Western Bulldogs (home)
Sydney (away)

I also had it that making finals required 13 wins and percentage or a draw

I had us finishing 13th on 9 wins