Not open for further replies.
This needs another run...

image.jpg1_1.jpg

(Kudos to BigEvilBastard... :D )
image.jpeg

But can it be improved upon

Are we there yet?

I wouldn't be so certain mate.

Everyone knew that the deadline day for Beams was fluff, Collingwood did the right thing and forced Brisbane to hand over the extra part (Crisp).

This could very well play out similar, Collingwood could adamantly only offer a second rounder and Brisbane continue to play the draft card - then at the end of it all, Collingwood add in Oxley and Brisbane come out looking like we played hard ball (Same as the Pies last year).

I've said before the Aish decision that Oxley + 2nd rounder is fair, anything under that and I'd rather he go to the draft but that deal or over and I'd take it.

Wow an intelligent and reasonable Brisbane supporter.

I'd be disappointed and surprised if the club tried to low ball you and offer up anything less than Oxley and a 2nd rd pick or two 2nd rd picks.

Aish is worth that.

I've never seen anything like this.

What is it that these media scribes can't understand.

Treloar has committed to the pies and a deal will be done even if it takes our first round selection from this year and next.

Anti-Collingwood News = More $$$$

If by the end of the trade period Brisbane have still held firm on their no trade stance I actually don't think it would be that hard for him to get to us in the PSD.

At the moment we have pick 7. This pick could come in even further if clubs that finished below us have already filled all list spots via the National Draft.

Brisbane's offer to Aish is said to have been in the vicinity of $400k pa. So if we are willing to pay him similar then I could see our offer being $1.05-$1.2M over 3 years.

What we need to do (as long as we have plenty of cap space) is to get him to nominate terms of 1 year of $650-$700k (hasn't Danger's management said similar?). He then refuses to meet with any other clubs and tells them that he will seek a trade to Collingwood at the end of that 1 year deal. Not sure the Blues would even be silly enough to select him then.

Once he's ours we sign him on an immediate extension of a further 2 years at $200k per year. So in essence we are still only paying him what we want to over 3 years but it is just massively front loaded.

Brisbane are actually doing us a favour. Thanks Lethal and Crazy Leppo we'll have him for free.

Can anyone tell me what to expect of Aish. A few mates of mine don't rate him. Think he's too soft. I have no idea so putting out the feelers.
He's soft in the same way Dids was soft. You get this guy for his outside game. Although no doubt we'll be drilling some contested game into him over the next few preseasons.

He's soft in the same way Dids was soft. You get this guy for his outside game. Although no doubt we'll be drilling some contested game into him over the next few preseasons.
If he is as soft as Dids that means he has some serious skills to compensate for his lack of physical presence. Otherwise we shouldn't be drafting him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The funny thing about this whole situation goes back a year... Brisbane could have handed over pick 5 and Aish/Redden, and kept crisp. But they're all leaving/left.
We possibly would have settled for 5 & Aish. Probably would have missed out on Maynard or Greenwood if we didn't receive their pick 25.
Hahaha, loving the upside of the beams trade.
Essentially: beams and pick 20 odd and possibly Oxley for De Goey, Greenwood,Crisp and Aish. I don't think we could lose if natural progression continues.

Last edited:
If by the end of the trade period Brisbane have still held firm on their no trade stance I actually don't think it would be that hard for him to get to us in the PSD.

At the moment we have pick 7. This pick could come in even further if clubs that finished below us have already filled all list spots via the National Draft.

Brisbane's offer to Aish is said to have been in the vicinity of $400k pa. So if we are willing to pay him similar then I could see our offer being $1.05-$1.2M over 3 years.

What we need to do (as long as we have plenty of cap space) is to get him to nominate terms of 1 year of $650-$700k (hasn't Danger's management said similar?). He then refuses to meet with any other clubs and tells them that he will seek a trade to Collingwood at the end of that 1 year deal. Not sure the Blues would even be silly enough to select him then.

Once he's ours we sign him on an immediate extension of a further 2 years at $200k per year. So in essence we are still only paying him what we want to over 3 years but it is just massively front loaded.

Brisbane are actually doing us a favour. Thanks Lethal and Crazy Leppo we'll have him for free.
Risky but possible. Brisbane are that spiteful that they will probably use one of their picks to redraft him.

Giving up next year's first round pick for Treloar or Aish - how does that leave us placed in terms of father/son drafting, re Callum Brown and Josh Daicos. Are they eligible for the draft next year, and are we risking our future?

I think now that Aish has announced us as his preferred choice I wouldn't be surprised if Hine and Balme get on the front foot with some interviews today or early next week. They should talk about how it is hard when you lose a high pick player after only a few years but mention we are in the same boat and it's important to get the deal done etc. We need the media to start putting pressure on Brisbane for being dicks

Risky but possible. Brisbane are that spiteful that they will probably use one of their picks to redraft him.

Let them go for it. They can pay him the nominated salary and we can poach him next year when he's out of contract again.

Alternatively they could pay that for a bloke who won't turn up. Pretty sure that threat was used by Beams manager on us last year.

Giving up next year's first round pick for Treloar or Aish - how does that leave us placed in terms of father/son drafting, re Callum Brown and Josh Daicos. Are they eligible for the draft next year, and are we risking our future?
They won't be good enough for a first round draft pick. Next year there's a fair bit of talent around and these guys will be late picks at this stage.

But they may have a ripper year this year so who knows.

Mike Pyke has announced an early retirement. Swans desperate for a Ruckman. I know they are linked to Sinclair and Luey but would Witts be of interest to them as a Sydney boy.

How about WC first pick 17 to Swans for Jetta. On traded to us for Witts.

We then have 17 (which is a first round pick) to give Lions for Aish. Is that fair value Lethal?

Whats the latest with the Treloar deal? i live in England and all i hear atm is Treloar to Calrton??? surely not? All this Aish talk can wait till we wrap up the Treloar as far as im concerned!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back