Welcome Harley Bennell (To make long awaited Dockers Debut!)

Remove this Banner Ad

The Trade Whisperer ‏@AFLTradeWhisper 1h1 hour ago
A little whisper I've heard: Freo have offered Jon Griffin and a 2nd round pick for Bennell #AFLTrades #NABTradeRadio
I hope that's not true. The guy has potential to be a star but equally may never play a game for us, If they have sacked him and we are the only ones interested, surely that is way overs.

Win best clubman award, clearly our second best ruck of 2015, send him to GWS for a player they are practically sacking.

dont_believe.jpg

Silly season in full swing people.

I hope that's not true. The guy has potential to be a star but equally may never play a game for us, If they have sacked him and we are the only ones interested, surely that is way overs.

Totally agree. I hope it's not true too. Just spreading speculation, rumour and gossip as not much else is happening.

It is plausible to a degree given we don't have a shortage of ruck options atm.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A little whisper I've heard: Freo have offered Jon Griffin and a 2nd round pick for Bennell #AFLTrades #NABTradeRadio
Unbelievably dumb if true. We can put Jon Griffin at bloody FF as a replacement for Pavlich if get a ruck instead.

Brilliant news, great get by the club. Griffin is borderline best 22, I hope we target Casboult now.

I also hope Griffin gets a chance at 1st ruck to show what he can do, plus a little pay rise.

PS - Griffin is a pure ruck, should not be played as a forward who can ruck

Last edited:
Brilliant news, great get by the club. Griffin is borderline best 22, I hope we target Casboult now.
I'm having trouble if you're being sarcastic or not. We can shove Griffin at Full-Forward and he delivers. He can kick the same distance as Casboult and is more accurate than Casboult.

Rather get McCarthy, Bennell and trade Zac Clarke for Casboult.

I'm having trouble if you're being sarcastic or not. We can shove Griffin at Full-Forward and he delivers. He can kick the same distance as Casboult and is more accurate than Casboult.

Rather get McCarthy, Bennell and trade Zac Clarke for Casboult.

No sarcasm. Very happy with that trade, we are top heavy with rucks.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/tradin...-to-harley-bennell-trade-20151013-gk89is.html

A meeting between Fremantle coach Ross Lyon and Harley Bennell has helped ease the Dockers' nerves about taking the midfielder on.

It is understood Lyon and Bennell met face-to-face in Perth on Tuesday, with the Dockers shaping as the Gold Coast player's probable new home despite the club wavering somewhat in recent days.

While interest from Richmond and Essendon has waned, leaving Fremantle as Bennell's preferred new club and only real suitor, a deal could still be some days away.

While the Suns will push for at least the Dockers' first pick in the draft, No. 16, Fremantle is likely to view that as too big a price given the lack of competition for the highly talented onballer.

The Dockers are well aware of the off-field issues that led to the Suns deciding to move Bennell on at the end of the season and are continuing to conduct their own research.

Fremantle doesn't pick again until No. 35, meaning the club may look to secure a pick somewhere in the 20s to offer for the talented 21-year-old.

According to Trade wrap, Gold Coast is looking to offer Pick 22 to Collingwood for Seedsman. Now, I reckon pick 22 is about the mark for Bennell (being fair-ish to all parties). So, who wants to play for Collingwood and is worth about the Pick 22 mark?

Make this a three-way player swap and we can move on and GC get to keep their Pick 22.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back