Welcome Harley Bennell (To make long awaited Dockers Debut!)

Remove this Banner Ad

Everyone gnashing their teeth over Geelong's trading success, geez. All I see is a team with inadequate talent in the bottom half of their best 22, who have also just retired most of their experience, tying up possibly over 15% of their cap on just three players, two of whom are not exactly high impact. I call it extremely high risk, not making out like bandits. Not saying it can't work, but it could easily blow up for them. Settle down.

Yeah 100% agree. Dangerfield is a massive get but Selwood will be lucky to make the team and Henderson hasn't exactly starred at Carlton lately. Their giving up their first 2 picks + their first pick next year, could easily go pear shaped.

Everyone gnashing their teeth over Geelong's trading success, geez. All I see is a team with inadequate talent in the bottom half of their best 22, who have also just retired most of their experience, tying up possibly over 15% of their cap on just three players, two of whom are not exactly high impact. I call it extremely high risk, not making out like bandits. Not saying it can't work, but it could easily blow up for them. Settle down.

So you are saying that you wouldn't want Dangerfield at Freo?

Danger is a massive get for the Cats. J.Selwood did a lot of work pretty much on his own this year. Adding Dangerfield to their midfield with him makes them more damaging straight away.

I just really want us to get this trade over the line sooner rather than later. I get the feeling that if the Eagles trade Sinclair for Jetta and Sydney second round pick they may offer that second round pick for Bennell which would trump ours. I know the Eagles stated they weren't interested but that could change if they see that the deal is possible

Unless Freo moved closer to Boggy Creek this wouldn't be possible.

I know we would never get Danger, but Paracleet saying that Geelong have done nothing and its all risk is a joke. Any club would jump at the chance to have Dangerfield at their club - end of story. He will make any teams midfield better.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For the people getting impatient with Bond, if GC won't trade him for pick 35 what do you want him to do?

His only option to get a trade done right now would be to trade pick 16. IMO at that price the risk starts to outweigh the reward.

Made a new trade week chant.

What do we want? Some kind of news.
When do we want it? As soon as it become available.

It isn't so catchy, but, it captures the essence of the dragged out 2 week trade window pretty nicely I think...

Bloody AFL and their drawn out process.

Can't have two top 5 players in the comp on your list at the same time; a salary cap wrecker.
Yes you can -
Geelong had Ablett & Selwood at the same time
WC had Judd & Cousins
Hawks - Buddy, Hodge & Mitchell
Sydney - Slightly different but 2 huge wages in Buddy and Tippett

Yes you can -
WC had Judd & Cousins
All of those aside from Sydney the salary cap pressure was relieved by at least one of them leaving. Ablett and Selwood never played together when both were top five, Judd was younger than Fyfe is now when he left WC, Buddy left Hawthorn (and I don't believe Hodge has ever been top five).

Yes you can -
WC had Judd & Cousins
Since when has Tippett been remotely close to a top 5 player in the comp. Even Buddy is questionable ATM. Tippett would be around the 25-30 mark at best, doesn't help he's forced to play sometimes more than half the game outside his best position but still.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back