Welcome Harley Bennell (To make long awaited Dockers Debut!)

Remove this Banner Ad

Since when has Tippett been remotely close to a top 5 player in the comp. Even Buddy is questionable ATM. Tippett would be around the 25-30 mark at best, doesn't help he's forced to play sometimes more than half the game outside his best position but still.
He was saying that 2 x top 5 will put pressure on salary cap - I was showing that it can be done.

From http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-10-14/trade-winds-tigers-may-be-on-the-move

When Harley met Ross
"Due diligence must be done before he is invited in or allowed to pass to another club, but when you talk indigenous players, few clubs have had a better success rate over the past 25 years than the Crows," McDermott wrote in his column in The Advertiser.
Hmm. I wonder if anyone has pointed out to McDermott that one of those "few clubs" is probably Fremantle.

He was saying that 2 x top 5 will put pressure on salary cap - I was showing that it can be done.
See what you're getting at but I think the point was that one of those guns will eventually leave and/or other players will leave. Buddy and Tippett forced out Mumford which has hurt Sydney big time. Malceski hurt only slightly less as well. Everitt was a handy player also.

I think it can be done but history shows it doesn't last long term. But then again most premiership windows last 5-6 years anyway. May as well make the most of it. Having said that Geelong may not even finish in the eight next year.

See what you're getting at but I think the point was that one of those guns will eventually leave and/or other players will leave. Buddy and Tippett forced out Mumford which has hurt Sydney big time. Malceski hurt only slightly less as well. Everitt was a handy player also.

I think it can be done but history shows it doesn't last long term. But then again most premiership windows last 5-6 years anyway. May as well make the most of it. Having said that Geelong may not even finish in the eight next year.
If we lost a few fringe players or a mid-range player so we could get a premiership - as much as it would hurt to lose those players. I WOULD DO IT FOR A PREMIERSHIP

"May not" sounds a bit like wishful thinking. They've done well, if one only considers the next season or two. Any midfield consisting of Joel Selwood and Patrick Dangerfield is going to be difficult to handle, especially when they've got Hawkins forward. I'd rate them next season.
It's their longer term future they've gambled with.

"May not" sounds a bit like wishful thinking. They've done well, if one only considers the next season or two. Any midfield consisting of Joel Selwood and Patrick Dangerfield is going to be difficult to handle, especially when they've got Hawkins forward. I'd rate them next season.
It's their longer term future they've gambled with.

Yeah, it'll be interesting. They have some good young kids but they need a couple more of them to become A grade like Duncan has.

Henderson is a good gamble I think because the point they're lacking is KPDs. Lonergan is old, Taylor isnt young.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back