Preview What I'd like to see

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 30, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Freo and Bulldogs, ManU
Given what's just happened (or not happened)?

What things would you like to see in the early games next year?

• Tanner Smith and Alex Pearce as Key backs in the pre-season and possibly beyond?
  • Mzungu, De Boer and Suban now as depth at number 26-28 and Langdon, Weller and Blakely given first run.
  • Ethan Hughes playing off half back.
  • Fyfe and Bennell rotating off half forward, Taberner as CHF...no choice. Taberner must play every game until we have a better option
  • Hill off half back? Weller/Langdon off the wings?

Next year I'd like to see A Pearce forward, but don't know what we'd do about his role in the back. If Tabs or Hannath could be developed there I'd do it, with Hill and maybe Mundy off half back for the rebound. Fyfe I'd have as a permanent forward.

• Tanner Smith and Alex Pearce as Key backs in the pre-season and possibly beyond?
  • Mzungu, De Boer and Suban now as depth at number 26-28 and Langdon, Weller and Blakely given first run.
  • Fyfe and Bennell rotating off half forward, Taberner as CHF...no choice. Taberner must play every game until we have a better option
Must play Taberner every game I agree 100% (Hope Pav plays another year)

Mayne , Tabener , Walters ,Ballantyne must all kick 30 + goals
Pav/Fyfe/Bennell I'd be happy with 20-30

Midfield Goals

Alex Pearce must play 20 Games - get the experience up!

What effect will the scrapping of the sub and limited rotations have? Could we see Taberner and Clarke's much vaunted running abilities and aerobic capacity become really effective? Or something?

I'd like to see Sheridan, Crozier, Langdon, Weller & Blakely all put on 3-4kgs so they can really have an effect around the contest for 22 games next year.

Is like to see us draft at least 2 KPPs and at least 1 3rd tall in the draft though not real confident on that.

I'd like to see all our talls train as forwards in the preseason

I'd like to see Sheridan, Crozier, Langdon, Weller & Blakely all put on 3-4kgs so they can really have an effect around the contest for 22 games next year.

Is like to see us draft at least 2 KPPs and at least 1 3rd tall in the draft though not real confident on that.

I'd like to see all our talls train as forwards in the preseason

If we could get Collins, Adams, Bootsma and say a Mitch Brown I'd be happy.

Pearce forward. Smith or Silvagni back to help out ZacD & MJ when needed.

Fyfe forward more - but not too much, just 5-10min a game so he can kick us 3 quick ones and get us going.

Agree with first three points.
Fyfe and Harley rotating forward is definitely on.
Taberner must play every game until we have a better option ? Disagree, there is a better option. Don't play him.
I want Mora at Half back flank with Hill and Danyle on the wings.
Langdon on forward flank with Fyfe/Harley on the other flank. Mayne out.
Weller and Blakeley interchange bench.
Pav to play on.
Morabito to eventually move to Centre Half Forward. Mid season.
Crowley to be re-drafted in the PSD.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bennell(40%) and Fyfe(60%) rotating CHF.
Weller, Blakely and Langdon to play 10+ games each. Hughes and Grey to be given opportunities (2-3 games).
Alex Pearce down back only.
Crozier and Taberner backed in from Round 1 and keep them in.
Hope we get Bootsma, so we can have some selection competition between him Dawson and Smith.
Morabito return.
No stupid over the top pre-season that burns us out in the second half of the season.

Last edited:
- Foot soldiers out (Sorry DeBoer, Suban, Mzungu etc.) and talented youngster in (Crozier, Langdon, Weller & Blakely etc).
- A.Pearce improving us down back and going some way to covering the loss of McPharlin.
- Smith getting some game time.
- Fyfe and Bennell rotating between midfield and forward.
- Tabs improving and playing every game.
- Youngsters in the 22 already (Neale, Sherro, Sutty etc.) improving.

Game One

L.Spurr A.Pearce Z.Dawson
S.Hill G.Ibbotson M.Johnson

N.Fyfe L.Neale L.Weller

H.Bennell M.Taberner M.Walters
H.Ballantyne M.Pavlich H.Crozier

A.Sandilands D.Mundy M.Barlow

I/C - E.Langdon J.Griffin T.Sheridan ( Last spot could go to anyone )

- Faster and more precise ball movement coming from our midfield and rebound from half back.
- 22 games for A.Pearce, Taberner and Crozier, all with big pre-seasons.
- More games into Mora (ideally), Smith(?) Grey(?), Apeness, Weller and Langdon. Blakely to customize his body-kit and have a few games late season.
- Fyfe thrown into our forward, Barlow to replace him in the midfield, Fyfe and Bennell rotating threw the mid and forward line.
- Walters AA.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back