• Riewoldt

Votes: 97 39.4%
  • Maric

Votes: 7 2.8%
  • Rwnce

Votes: 37 15.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

The only other candidate for the job is Deledio. Anyone who thinks otherwise is kidding themselves.

Seriously Jack and Rance are no where near captaincy material. Good leaders in some areas but severely lacking in others, whilst the weight of captaincy would have a much greater effect on them than it does for Cotchin or would for Deledio.

Think a fair few were saying similar things about Taylor Walker ...that's turned out okay

Genuinely interested in everyone's thoughts..
I reckon give it to Jack and let Cotchin just play..
You're thread title suggests we be need to be moving forward to get The best captain
Since we haven't moved anywhere in three years then Cotchin doesn't move:straining:lol

Last edited:

Someone prepared to wear #17 would be a good start.

More importantly someone who can live up to it.

Every young player should be looking at that number and thinking that's what it means to play for Richmond.
To old school thinking for me, they wanted to creat a new culture and succeeded IMO.

sent from the bada bing.

To old school thinking for me, they wanted to creat a new culture and succeeded IMO.

sent from the bada bing.
According to all reports it was Cotchin's decision to not wear #17.

Nothing to do with the club or changing culture. #17 is the legacy of Jack Dyer - who our B&F is still named after.

But Cotchin got it right - he's no Captain Blood.

According to all reports it was Cotchin's decision to not wear #17.

Nothing to do with the club or changing culture. #17 is the legacy of Jack Dyer - who our B&F is still named after.

But Cotchin got it right - he's no Captain Blood.
Im pretty sure i seen an interview around that time with dh and other talking about changing the culture, if i could find it id show you.

sent from the bada bing.

Not at all.
Did you see the way he carried on after Houli's kick in? It's in his dna and it still comes out now and then.
Shows passion. Would make a great captain IMO.

Still rubbish article from Robbo and therefore rubbish thread.

It's Cotchins job until he dosent want it or a standout and I mean absolute standout candidate put their hand up. He's come along way in the three years he's had the job from a leadership perspective, he'll even floggo was pumping him up about showing a bit of s**t in his game earlier in the year by roughing up opposition.

We were weak as piss in how not one person stuck up and gave Cotch a chop out in that EF. Hopefully we have learnt from that, hopefully Townsends main objective is to serve and protect our mids.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not at all.
Did you see the way he carried on after Houli's kick in? It's in his dna and it still comes out now and then.
Did you see how he played in the final? Did you see how every single game he tried his heart out? Do you see how he handles himself in interviews? How he talks to the players? How he leads by example?
He would be a brilliant captain.

Did you see how he played in the final? Did you see how every single game he tried his heart out? Do you see how he handles himself in interviews? How he talks to the players? How he leads by example?
He would be a brilliant captain.
Did I see did I see did I see did I see...yes mate. I saw. And I have a different opinion to you. Get over it.

Jack is the best player at lifting the team, he does that by his emotions. When jack is up and about and gets goals and starts getting excited and celebrating the team then starts to lift and play better

If, and only if, Cotch steps aside then a bit left field but dual captaincy for a couple of years between Chaplin and B Ellis.

Chaplin is an experienced old head who is general of the backline while B Ellis would have a more natural affiliation with our younger group and absolutely leads by example in fitness, training and attacking the pill.

After 2 years Ellis takes over sole captaincy.

ELLIS........WTF
Biggest downhill skier in the side, runs all day but won't get a hard ball and disposal is average
He gets plenty of it because of his fitness but don't see him being an inspirational leader

Interesting moment in the club's history.
I'm a huge Cotchin fan, but he has gone missing at the pointy end.
And Jack does have that 'follow me' kind of energy.
Cotchin's star is very much hitched to Dimma's wagon.
Doubt that Dimma would ditch Cotchin as captain - that would undercut Dimma's emphasis on loyalty.
It would also undermine Dimma's judgment in choosing Cotchin in the first place.
And even if Cotchin pulled the pin, I couldn't see Jack getting the gig.
Dimma's already made it clear he considers Jack a loose cannon.
On the other hand, if Dimma was to get the flick....

Really surprised nobody has backed mighty Maric... he is a true leader who leads by example. Maric has also been instrumental in lifting the players standards since joining the club... tough as nails and cool under pressure, Maric would absorb the pressure that consumes his younger contemporaries.

In saying all that I think Cotch will improve every year and should remain as captain.

Not at all.

What the passion and the hatred of losing?

Geesus it's better to be ' oh well just another game'

Losing hurts for sone

Back