Certified Legendary Thread Winged Guernsey Petition/Letter - #ReturnTheWings: WINGS RETURNED, PERIL RETURNED - JOB DONE!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I reckon, if we can get a guernsey lineup similar to this for 2017. We can pretty much say we have a perfect set. I would prefer the old head design or lmach's design but i dont think we could ask for too much more.

IMO i like the peril with the full completed eagle head, but we must get the peril for 2017 because it is so damn beautiful!!

View attachment 192168
Peril needs the full eagle head as gold and ochre clash and the AFL don't have a policy for clashing with your own jumper!

I reckon, if we can get a guernsey lineup similar to this for 2017. We can pretty much say we have a perfect set. I would prefer the old head design or lmach's design but i dont think we could ask for too much more.

IMO i like the peril with the full completed eagle head, but we must get the peril for 2017 because it is so damn beautiful!!

View attachment 192168
am i the only one that preferes the current eagles head over the pre 2012 head? Tho i agree that it does look average on the peril. I think that might be the major reason why they didnt release the peril as clash. All three jumper have to be the same. They might have to come up with a new eagles head i guess.

am i the only one that preferes the current eagles head over the pre 2012 head? Tho i agree that it does look average on the peril. I think that might be the major reason why they didnt release the peril as clash. All three jumper have to be the same. They might have to come up with a new eagles head i guess.
Not the only one - I much prefer the current head to pre-2012 - but agree, blue is needed on the peril with the current head.

Or... 2 other options a) make the ochre, eye, beak all blue, with yellow breaking it up (new head, old style), or, b) use the actual old style head for a special 'heritage' clash jumper

Not the only one - I much prefer the current head to pre-2012 - but agree, blue is needed on the peril with the current head.

Or... 2 other options a) make the ochre, eye, beak all blue, with yellow breaking it up (new head, old style), or, b) use the actual old style head for a special 'heritage' clash jumper
i vote (b)

actually the old logo on the peril isnt too bad, i didn't like the white lines around the eagles head and on the wings, that they had on the pre 2012 jumpers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Triple M posted this
Posted: 12 November, 2015 by Will Ralston
The Ten Worst Logos In AFL History
Some shockers in here...
worst_afl_logos.jpg

The Melbourne Football Club today announced they were changing their logo - the fifth in 20 years!

We think it was the right call, too...

Their old monogram features in our list of the 'Ten Worst Logos In AFL History'.

10. Melbourne Demons - 2005-2007
Some may disagree with this one, but it definitely hasn't aged well. Still looks like a brand of matches.

melbourne-logo-2005.gif

9. Adelaide Crows - 2010-
This has to be one of the least intimidating logos ever created. A decapitated head of a bird that barely resembles a crow.

adelaide-logo-2010.gif

8. Geelong Cats - 1983-1999
It's remarkable this thing lasted as long as it did. Cats aren't particularly fierce creatures, but this just looks like a kids cartoon.

geelong-logo-1983.gif

7. Melbourne Demons - 2011-2015
It was a gallant effort, and they almost pulled it off - but this is just far too busy. Making the change this year is a good choice.

melbourne-logo-2011.gif

6. Melbourne Demons - 1976-1988
Sorry, Demons fans... but this is comically woeful.

melbourne-logo-1977.gif

5. Hawthorn Hawks - 2007-
It's just impossible to make brown and gold look appealing. I doubt Hawks fans care that much, though - they've won 4 flags with this monstrosity.

hawthorn-logo-2007.gif

4. Richmond Tigers - 1989-1994
This one is just confusing. It's almost how it would look if Ken Done tried to paint a friendly tiger.

richmond-logo-1989.gif

3. Fremantle Dockers - 1995-1996
Design choices were never a strength of Freo's... Nothing strikes fear into an opposition team more than a beanie-clad, muscled man in a wife-beater hugging an anchor.

fremantle-logo-1995.gif

2. Brisbane Bears - 1990-1993
Nothing epitomises the plight of the 'Bad News Bears' better than this disastrous shield from the early 90's.

brisbane-logo-1989.gif

1. St Kilda Saints - 1980-1988
No description necessary...

stkilda-logo-1980.gif

Good to see none of our logos made the cut

Website now says delivery pre-Christmas....so they can deliver to you on December 24 and still be accurate.
Has SGIO officially rebranded to SGI yet? I wonder if this is has anything to do with the delays.

We have become very accustomed to waiting when it comes to the wings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back