List Mgmt. Welcome Pick 28 - Luke Partington

Remove this Banner Ad

This Partington vs Cunningham debate is stupid as Cunningham was gone 5 picks before we picked.

Our recruiters especially in recent times have drafted what people think is the safe pick when it comes to non KPPs .
I think we have drafted more on exposed form rather than players with potential that haven't done much consistently .
So no draft bolters but plenty of sliders that in the future people will say ' how did he slip that far .

Personally I really like the Partington pick . He has a nice mix of pace , endurance , wins his own ball , spreads well from a contest and easily finds the ball on the outside . His kicking inconsistency issues will be ironed out with the training of our gameplan .
He also has the bonus of coming from outside of a city and has lived away from home for years already at boarding school .

Last edited:

Personally I really like the Cunningham pick . He has a nice mix of pace , endurance , wins his own ball , spreads well from a contest and easily finds the ball on the outside . His kicking inconsistency issues will be ironed out with the training of our gameplan .
He also has the bonus of coming from outside of a city and has lived away from home for years already at boarding school .
Think you need a ninja edit :)

I'm just bummed we won't have Sheppinghamham in the backline.

Sheptingham will have to do

Good pick , hopefully push for games in 2016 .

Interestingly Simmo and Ian Miller are travelling seven hours by car to meet Luke's family today or tomorrow at their property , with the draftees moving over to Perth on the weekend .....training next week .

Great opportunity for the four draftees .

Good pick , hopefully push for games in 2016 .

Interestingly Simmo and Ian Miller are travelling seven hours by car to meet Luke's family today or tomorrow at their property , with the draftees moving over to Perth on the weekend .....training next week .

Great opportunity for the four draftees .

They should just rent a helicopter.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dead right.
I am not against Vozzo at all, contrary to some I think he has done a pretty good job.

But Rohan O'brien is the recruiting manager, and they have a 12? person team from memory just for recruiting. They also have a couple people on the recruitment team who live in Victoria full time. Vozzo would definitely have a say, but i reckon O'brien would have the last word.

he reminds me of Swan from those highlights, the way he has just enough speed to break away from congestion and his little bouncy side steps.
His handballs look awkward but they hit the target

he reminds me of Swan from those highlights, the way he has just enough speed to break away from congestion and his little bouncy side steps.
His handballs look awkward but they hit the target

His handball and bouncing looks incredibly awkward and ineffective.

Needs to watch tapes of Sam Mitchell and Daniel Kerr on repeat.

Just listened to his interview on the eagles website - he said we had shown a fair bit of interest

I like that we were sure of our decision and didn't hesitate - I still recall with horror the long delay before we went the Weedon/Stevens double as our plans had obviously been stuffed up and we had to scramble. This time we knew exactly what we were doing

Vozzo gets criticised a fair bit around here but in recent times I think our trading and drafting have been very solid

Vozzo's in charge of trades and lists mate. Rohan O'B is The Draft Man!

His handball and bouncing looks incredibly awkward and ineffective.

Needs to watch tapes of Sam Mitchell and Daniel Kerr on repeat.
Yeah some of his handballs are shite. I reckon it wouldn't be hard to fix though

So, what the nickname? Phartingtonne?! Too easy?
Maybe Greg Chappel or Jaques Kallis or Aravinda De Silva or Mohammed Azharuddin? All blokes who scored a parting ton to finish their test careers.

:p

I love it

Remove this Banner Ad

Back