PSD/Rookie Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Color me a little shocked that Kerbatieh went undrafted.
It would seem his draft prospects were on a downward projectory.

Talked up as a ND certainty from early to mid season & in the latter part of the season became an outside chance of a late ND selection. In the end it probably came down to him not being outstanding in any aspect of his game.

nicky holman got told as late as today we would draft him :drunk: nic getting bad info from one of the coaches

Bit of a shame about Holman... hope he goes back to the VFL or the country league and smashes it for 12 months and comes back and gets picked up by another club.

Can't remember which game last year, but surprised me with his toe and good skills. After seeing what he did I thought he'd stay. Maybe just left his run a little too late and maybe Malthouse could have given him a run earlier. Maybe there was something else? Who knows? All the best to him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can't remember which game last year, but surprised me with his toe and good skills. After seeing what he did I thought he'd stay. Maybe just left his run a little too late and maybe Malthouse could have given him a run earlier. Maybe there was something else? Who knows? All the best to him.

Heard rumours that he hasn't adapted to life in the AFL... similar to how Rowe didnt have the best start to his career in Sydney and got delisted after a couple of years. Maybe in a couple of years, he will have settled down enough to give it another go.

All the best to him for the future though.

It would seem his draft prospects were on a downward projectory.

Talked up as a ND certainty from early to mid season & in the latter part of the season became an outside chance of a late ND selection. In the end it probably came down to him not being outstanding in any aspect of his game.
I was sure that he would have gone late in the ND... rather surprised that he didnt.

Rucks sorted, talls at both ends sorted, small forward. :thumbsu:

Rome wasn't built in a day but we still have the worst midfield in the AFL. Bring on the 2016 draft...

Midfield group performance will hinge largely on Murphy and Gibbs performing to their best and staying injury-free for most of the year.

Midfielders will likely be targeted next year, but even now, we have some real quality and a fair bit of potential as far as possible midfield rotations go:

Murphy, Gibbs, Cripps, Buckley, Graham, Boekhurst, Docherty, Curnow x 2?, Byrne, Tuohy and dare I say Tutt?

Add Daisy, Kerridge and Sheehan! (edit)

Last edited:
I think his ordinary disposal skills has held him back ..if we can develop him to be half decent by foot then we will have a very valuable player ...somebody who can negate the big mobile forwards that are everywhere now, would be invaluable ...for now let the other blokes do the kicking for him.

Is he like an over-sized Presti then?

I wouldnt understate what a fully fit Thomas may be capable of.

Completely forgot the "forgotten man" (Daisy) - reckon he's got something to prove. Could even throw Sheehan in there as well. Also looks like we're covered for rucks. All depends on development over pre-season, injury, of course leadership and confidence within the group. Would be surprised and very disappointed if we ended up clearly having the worst midfield of 2016!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Murphy, Gibbs, Cripps, Buckley, Graham, Boekhurst, Docherty, Curnow x 2?, Byrne, Tuohy and dare I say Tutt?Add Daisy, Kerridge and Sheehan! (edit)

looks good doesnt it. i like buckley as a running defender. provides drive and excitment. murphy gibbs cripps graham curnow curnow whiley kerridge wright plowman sumner thomas byrne is who i see as our midfield options. some depth skill & size. could challenge most and bolton will use them all over the ground

I wouldnt understate what a fully fit Thomas may be capable of.

When fit he may be able to kick the ball 30-35m semi-accurately!

I wouldn't overestimate his likelihood of staying fit though.

The extra year trigger in his contract may be an anchor around his neck and Carlton may not want to see him reach the number of games that see that option being triggered.

He'll be 29 this year, so no long term plans likely involve him.

looks good doesnt it. i like buckley as a running defender. provides drive and excitment. murphy gibbs cripps graham curnow curnow whiley kerridge wright plowman sumner thomas byrne is who i see as our midfield options. some depth skill & size. could challenge most and bolton will use them all over the ground

So many I forgot! Just need Bolton to weave his magic and turn potential into reality!

Yeah, surprised. We got Galucci though - wonder if there was a Versace on the draft - good combo to have!

I fell for kerbateih I have watched him play a lot of games for Calder he was defiantly there best player also kicked the most goals in the championships he was probably the freakish player in the draft with ah chee ext... in saying that he did have a bad tank but that would of improved at afl standards.

Do we need another project tall forward after our trade and draft though? Levi, Everitt, McKay, Curnow, SOS, Foster,
Jaksch, Gorringe, (dare I say) Jones as well as AW1, even White as third tall types. Weitering can go forward as potentially can Rowe and Plowman.

We needed more class, and hopefully the draft has given us that.

Can see tall defender wouldn't go astray, midfielders (runners), maybe a small forward and I don't discount a highly rated young ruck to develop while we sort out the merits/pecking order of our 23 year old plus big boppers.

Think you were on the money Coona!!!

At 198cm with some serious leap and agility, there's a lot to like about the boy, just have to trust the recruiting panel on this one.

Korcheck is 208cms. GM is 198cms. Jack Silvagni is 190. Weitering is 195. McKay is 200. Curnow is 191.

We drafted some tall units this year.

Probably just for the hillarity of seeing them stand next to Bolton.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back