No Oppo Supporters THE TAN 33 - WHERE BACON AND EGGS

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
After what I saw the other day I'm not sure how they're going to win a game this season. Up by 10 points with 2 minutes to go against Boston and completely shat themselves at the thought of their first win. Was cringeworthy.

I miss the days of Sir Charles :(

one of the few places i havent been, maybe i should give it a look someday :)
It's a trip. I've been here near on 6 years now.

There's a place in Namba Osaka (actually a few) where you pay cover charge, usually 5000¥ (the equivalent of 50 dollars Australian) and that's your drinks until dawn. Then usually everyone eats ramen then bails home.

its obvious they are headed back to Iverson or maybe better years with how they are building. s**t way to do it but what other method do they have in the nba system?

Tanking isn't illegal in the NBA so it's pretty much their best option. But there's the draft lottery so finishing bottom doesn't guarantee the best pick just the highest chance at it.

I'm tipping them to be a solid team in 2 seasons but it's far from guaranteed they will rise to become a top team. Takes so long to build confidence after being s**t for so long (take a look at Tigerland), and there's every chance a good team swoops on Okafor etc by then.

**** that dude, rfctiger74 would hit me with a law suit and take me for heaps in under 60 seconds :drunk:

dude I grew up in frankston

I'll just throw my grass clippings and dog s**t over the fence into your yard

Tanking isn't illegal in the NBA so it's pretty much their best option. Then there's the draft lottery so finishing bottom doesn't guarantee the best pick just the highest chance at it.

I'm tipping them to be a solid team in 2 seasons but it's fat from guaranteed they will rise to become a top team. Takes so long to build confidence after being s**t for so long (take a look at Tigerland), and there's every chance a good team swoops on Okafor etc by then.
the tigerland comparison isnt fair koz mate, look at how coaches change teams. Steve Kerr and the GSW is the most recent example :)

Tanking isn't illegal in the NBA so it's pretty much their best option. But there's the draft lottery so finishing bottom doesn't guarantee the best pick just the highest chance at it.

I'm tipping them to be a solid team in 2 seasons but it's far from guaranteed they will rise to become a top team. Takes so long to build confidence after being s**t for so long (take a look at Tigerland), and there's every chance a good team swoops on Okafor etc by then.

This is my concern

since the 90's we've had only one decent patch, and it only lasted a few seasons. We are chronically mediocre to shite, and really need to kill this cycle

I was in Marugame (a few years back now) staying with some friends. We went to a local bar that was run by a lady from Perth. Was only a female Japanese bartender when we got there but she was making us drinks and stuff when I asked if they made Jaeger-bombs since they had a big picture of Jaeger on the wall. She said yep no worries, how do I make it, so we explained just put it in red bull. Oh ok she says, I'll just go down to the conveni and get some red bull, can I borrow your bike? So she just leaves us in the bar by ourselves while she goes and gets red bull from the conveni so she can make us Jaeger-bombs.

Such a different place, love it, can't wait to go back.
That's pretty normal. People wouldn't even think about pinching stuff here

the tigerland comparison isnt fair koz mate, look at how coches change teams. Steve Kerr and the GSW is the most recent example :)

Disagree there, Warriors were building towards being a top team well before Kerr. Had all the pieces of the puzzle and the confidence but Mark Jackson's gameplan plain sucked. Take nothing away from Kerr, but he was handed a damn fine team.

I think the comparison with our Tigs is about as accurate you're going to get. Remember how we were before the last few years? Almost no confidence and straight up forgot how to win games even when in the position to do so. What I see in Philly last season and now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Disagree there, Warriors were building towards being a top team well before Kerr. Had all the pieces of the puzzle and the confidence but Mark Jackson's gameplan plain sucked. Take nothing away from Kerr, but he was handed a damn fine team.

I think the comparison with our Tigs is about as accurate you're going to get. Remember how we were before the last few years? Almost no confidence and straight up forgot how to win games even when in the position to do so.
GSW couldn't get it done under Mark Jackson i agree man, then you bring in a smart guy in Kerr who learnt from both Phil Jackson and Pop. Dont underestimate Kerr's training as a coach to get GSW over the hump :)

I miss the days of Sir Charles :(

Honestly don't think there was a better rebounder for his height in the history of the game. Guy was a power forward listed at 6''6 but I swear he wasn't a tick over 6''4. Such a beast for his size.

He's a funny campaigner too now, love watching him on Inside NBA on TNT with Shaq and co.

GSW couldn't get it done under Mark Jackson i agree man, then you bring in a smart guy in Kerr who learnt from both Phil Jackson and Pop. Dont underestimate Kerr's training as a coach to get GSW over the hump :)

I know man in fairness we wouldn't have won a title without Kerr. But point was he didn't turn around a team like Philly or even an average team into a title contender in 1 season. That s**t takes time. Even Pop wouldn't get Philly to the playoffs any time soon. 2017/2018 minimum and that's with getting a top coach and everything going right for them. Love the optimism but in the NBA i'm not too optimistic about teams this bad turning around that quick.

Honestly don't think there was a better rebounder for his height in the history of the game. Guy was a power forward listed at 6''6 but I swear he wasn't a tick over 6''4. Such a beast for his size.

He's a funny campaigner too now, love watching him on Inside NBA on TNT with Shaq and co.

hes what got me on Philly

All my mates were lakers, knicks, bulls, pistons, and celtics, but I thought * that s**t, gotta find a team of my own

Charles rocked on the court, and loved beating up people on the court. What more could you want? :D

I know man in fairness we wouldn't have won a title without Kerr. But point was he didn't turn around a team like Philly or even an average team into a title contender in 1 season. That s**t takes time. Even Pop wouldn't get Philly to the playoffs any time soon.
Disagree with this, Pop took the spurs from annual disappointment and failure to 5 rings and a dominant NBA force in no time at all (obviously the 5 rings took time). IMO the nba is one of the most coach focused games in the world :)

hes what got me on Philly

All my mates were lakers, knicks, bulls, pistons, and celtics, but I thought **** that s**t, gotta find a team of my own

Charles rocked on the court, and loved beating up people on the court. What more could you want? :D

He was rambling on about his Philly days on TNT last week. He was like "I gave it all for them, I f***d my leg in my early days for that franchise and played through it. Now I walk around like a gimp but I wouldn't change a thing. I go back to my big ol' mansion and all my cars every night and say f*** you world". Haha love the campaigner.

Last edited:
Disagree with this, Pop took the spurs from annual disappointment and failure to 5 rings and a dominant NBA force in no time at all (obviously the 5 rings took time). IMO the nba is one of the most coach focused games in the world :)

Spurs were nowhere near as bad as Philly are now before Pop got there. They were still competitive at least. He could turn say, Detroit or the Bucks into a dominant force in the next 2 seasons but difference is they are a competitive team right now. I'm sticking by my call that no coach could turn a bottom team into a dominant force that quickly. It would take 3 seasons minimum even for Pop. The guy is an amazing coach but he isn't god :) Play offs by 1-2 season sure, but they still wouldn't be a genuine title threat.

Spurs were nowhere near as bad as Philly are now before Pop got there. They were still competitive at least. He could turn say, Detroit or the Bucks into a dominant force in the next 2 seasons but difference is they are a competitive team right now. I'm sticking by my call that no coach could turn a bottom team into a dominant force that quickly. It would take 3 seasons minimum even for Pop. The guy is an amazing coach but he isn't god :) Play offs by 1-2 season sure, but they still wouldn't be a genuine title threat.
This an area we shall have to agree to disagree then koz, outside of PJ's triangle offense pop is the best ive seen in my lifetime. Would not put it beyond the old fox :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back