News Trigg to be Carlton CEO.

Remove this Banner Ad

We'd have gotten a first round pick if he went to Gold Coast & we keep Bock

No, if you look at all media discussion at the time, it was considered that 2nd round pick was his value. Hence that being the return we'd get if he left after the contract that was being negiotiated.

I haven't checked up on this, but I think Tambling came in the year before Sanderson was hired. It's clear that Sando had no time whatsoever for him.

Craig did initially until the whole DVD thing.
Sorry, what DVD thing?

We don't play unsociable football... we're out there to make friends... can't I bet that all the players will have a nice time etc... etc...

Sorry, what DVD thing?

Neil Craig found out Tambling starred in straight to DVD shocker Java Heat with Mickey Rourke and was not impressed with his acting chops

450px-JH-002.jpg

In all seriousness there was a game in 2011 Vs St Kilda where things got fairly physical. Tambo himself emailed a Saint in the head and I think got a week off.

NC was none too impressed with that kind of physicality and held a press conference and showed a DVD. It was a compilation of things he considered to be proper tough football, but it was just clips of, like, Doughty going 3rd man up in a marking contest and spoiling. Baffling stuff. I think the great Drugs Are Bad Mackey hypothesised that NC accidentally put on the wrong DVD and had to improvise.

EDIT: He ELBOWED a Saint in the head. The saint didn't like have a microchip in his brain and Tambo didn't write him a strongly worded missive. Probably

Neil Craig found out Tambling starred in straight to DVD shocker Java Heat with Mickey Rourke and was not impressed with his acting chops

450px-JH-002.jpg

In all seriousness there was a game in 2011 Vs St Kilda where things got fairly physical. Tambo himself emailed a Saint in the head and I think got a week off.

NC was none too impressed with that kind of physicality and held a press conference and showed a DVD. It was a compilation of things he considered to be proper tough football, but it was just clips of, like, Doughty going 3rd man up in a marking contest and spoiling. Baffling stuff. I think the great Drugs Are Bad Mackey hypothesised that NC accidentally put on the wrong DVD and had to improvise.

EDIT: He ELBOWED a Saint in the head. The saint didn't like have a microchip in his brain and Tambo didn't write him a strongly worded missive. Probably

That incident and the coach's reaction virtually destroyed the bloke I reckon, from memory he played the first 5 or 6 games of the year and was OK without being great. Then I reckon this destroyed all confidence he had (and he didn't have a lot left after he left Richmond)

Thanks!

My vote for post of the year

That incident and the coach's reaction virtually destroyed the bloke I reckon, from memory he played the first 5 or 6 games of the year and was OK without being great. Then I reckon this destroyed all confidence he had (and he didn't have a lot left after he left Richmond)
That incident and the coach's reaction destroyed any faith I had left in Craig - he lost me front that point on.

Craigy just didn't want his players to get suspended. He had a hard enough time as it was finding healthy players to field after his training sessions!:p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

that's his job
Twice in one day I am agreeing with you!! This has to stop. But yup, the whole point of the CEO is to steer the club through adversities. He may not have full control of the variables surrounding the club but must act as one who can confidently navigate through these hard times with a belief that he can get to the other side. His constant bending over whenever the AFL say boo has become the reason that I love the guy....you know....while he is at Carlton and all. A gift that keeps on giving.

Make no mistake, they're aware where they are at and where they're going. There's been a resetting and they look forward to returning the Carlton brand back amongst the top echelon of AFL clubs.

What's funny is reading Carlton posters liking what they're hearing out of him. Yep, he can talk it for a while before he turns on his nay-saying customers. What's hilarious is that Trigg could barely tread water in a 2 team town having inherited a superb enterprise. Due to his personal incompetence we shed corporate support, funds and draft picks at the end of his reign. We did lead the league in website hits and probably had the lowest staff turnover rates as well.

But, as the Carlton Prez was at pains to point out, "he came with the full backing of the AFL". And I'm sure he'll be leaving in the same manner.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back