Mod. Notice Carlton Board Questions & Suggestions

Remove this Banner Ad

You should already qualify.

10 posts and 3 days wait.
Thank you for that, much appreciated, yes it appears I can start one. I guess it's a matter of etiquette now, I don't want people thinking "who's this newbie starting threads?".... I'll do it and if the moderators think it's stupid I'm happy for you guys to shut it down...

Thank you for that, much appreciated, yes it appears I can start one. I guess it's a matter of etiquette now, I don't want people thinking "who's this newbie starting threads?".... I'll do it and if the moderators think it's stupid I'm happy for you guys to shut it down...

Newbies are only judged differently when they don't have a body of work behind them so others know what they are really like and they start something trivial that could have gone in an existing thread, or when they are needlessly aggressive or dismissive towards the club, players or other posters. Then there are those that have agendas and return to the site with a new username.

We do tend to live by the motto 'you make your own reputation'. Anything genuine that creates discussion, even if constructively negative is usually fine. Most people just suck it and see. As you acknowledge, the worst that can happen is we shut it down but we generally explain why.

Newbies are only judged differently when they don't have a body of work behind them so others know what they are really like and they start something trivial that could have gone in an existing thread, or when they are needlessly aggressive or dismissive towards the club, players or other posters. Then there are those that have agendas and return to the site with a new username.

We do tend to live by the motto 'you make your own reputation'. Anything genuine that creates discussion, even if constructively negative is usually fine. Most people just suck it and see. As you acknowledge, the worst that can happen is we shut it down but we generally explain why.
Thanks again, the reason I was asking is because I've so enjoyed my short time here, I didn't want to do anything to detract from what is a fantastic footy forum. I have started my thread, I'm more than happy for you to have a look and if you think it's not up to par, just tell me to shove off...

This is a site wide change. I can't remember what the result was last time we raised this so I will raise it again.

I do notice since that point that these two areas are distinct on the mobile version of the site.

Of course I have cleaned up our own stickied threads a little bit before making the approach because that is a cause of the problem in itself.

People will have to get used to using the reference threads to find threads that are starting to sink.

I like that there's only 4 sticky threads now.

Less scrolling. :thumbsu:

Last edited:
Thanks for the response.

It may just not be possible but if the locked threads were, let's say a grey base, it would immediately separate them from the active threads and still remain pleasing to the eye and the tone of the site, in general.

I can see though the borders are about the same shade as I'm suggesting and that wouldn't look great.......anyway, just a thought.

The response is no, this is not something we are working on. Sorry.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks for the response.

It may just not be possible but if the locked threads were, let's say a grey base, it would immediately separate them from the active threads and still remain pleasing to the eye and the tone of the site, in general.

I can see though the borders are about the same shade as I'm suggesting and that wouldn't look great.......anyway, just a thought.

May be some movement on this front, and probably with the grey background. No promises but Chief has worked on something. Just got to see how it can be applied.

Mi scusi mods, is there a poster of the year this year or should you just delete my post and we forget I ever asked the question?

Err ... possibly ... and um, standby just in case.

Hi The Old Dark Navy's

Do you think we need an: Opposition Teams discussion thread?
The only thread we have at the moment is The General Discussion thread which by virtue of its title, doesn't really say much.

Not sure of how involved others would be there are times I wish to discuss other teams and not always on other teams' boards as you're obliged to hold back somewhat, so not to anger the natives.

It's a General AFL discussion thread and serves it's purpose for discussing the other 17 teams Harks.

Maybe change the title?

Hi The Old Dark Navy's

Do you think we need an: Opposition Teams discussion thread?
The only thread we have at the moment is The General Discussion thread which by virtue of its title, doesn't really say much.

Not sure of how involved others would be there are times I wish to discuss other teams and not always on other teams' boards as you're obliged to hold back somewhat, so not to anger the natives.

I think the General AFL discussion thread would cover much of it, except when the games actually start and we have our Rounds 1-5 thread and so forth, and all the team specific stuff would transfer to there.

A title change perhaps.

Keep Abreast of the Rest
The non Navy Gravy
You love the best, now here's the rest opposition team talk thread

Yeah maybe because it doesn't really attract the traffic because what does 'general" mean.
Just would be good to have opposition supporters come in and tell us what they think of what we think :)

There are plenty of threads for opposition posters but we have kept the General AFL disc thread to Carlton posters only.
It covers anything about opposition teams in 'general'.

Other Boards have similar threads.

There are plenty of threads for opposition posters but we have kept the General AFL disc thread to Carlton posters only.
It covers anything about opposition teams in 'general'.

Other Boards have similar threads.

Come on Aph, let's give it a coat of paint and put some tinsel on it.

I think the General AFL discussion thread would cover much of it, except when the games actually start and we have our Rounds 1-5 thread and so forth, and all the team specific stuff would transfer to there.

A title change perhaps.

Keep Abreast of the Rest
The non Navy Gravy
You love the best, now here's the rest opposition team talk thread

Title change could be the way to go.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back