Review Best GF Commentary

Remove this Banner Ad

With the great Brian giving it away I'm reminded of one of Rex's calls in last years GF after the great man took his speccy over tippet.. Hawthorn on Lake magnificent... And Sydney up s@!t creek without a paddle'.

I love how unashamedly pro-Hawthorn Brereton is on SEN. They are happy for him and Harford to be identified as supporting our club, and it works just fine.

Little known fact: Danny Harford should be titled the "Hodge-Mitchell" of players.

He wore No 15 and No 5 in his time at Hawthorn!

I'm pretty sure 'destroyation' is a Rexism.

McClure and Rex both pulled that one out on the day. Mitchell likened to a terrier for the same act in both calls as well. Spooky. I've got those 2 commentaries together on a cd in the car, got me from Sydney to Albury a few times quite nicely.

McClure and Rex both pulled that one out on the day. Mitchell likened to a terrier for the same act in both calls as well. Spooky. I've got those 2 commentaries together on a cd in the car, got me from Sydney to Albury a few times quite nicely.

Rex has been saying destroyation for years, I'm pretty sure it's his word, he has a few of them.

Rex has been saying destroyation for years, I'm pretty sure it's his word, he has a few of them.

His refusal to refer to players by anything other than the nicknames he deems suitable is also hilarious. Special Fried Rice and Not a Well Man are a couple that stick out in my memory.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After watching the Grand Final for the 200 hundreth time with different audio commentary i would have to say 3AW is the most accurate call with Tim Lane and Tony Leonard. They do not waffle about missing plays. The worst call is MMM, innacurate, continually shouting, missing plays because their egos get in the way of calling the game.James Brayshaw and Gary Lyon are the worst offenders and they should be banned from calling AFL Football.

After watching the Grand Final for the 200 hundreth time with different audio commentary i would have to say 3AW is the most accurate call with Tim Lane and Tony Leonard. They do not waffle about missing plays. The worst call is MMM, innacurate, continually shouting, missing plays because their egos get in the way of calling the game.James Brayshaw and Gary Lyon are the worst offenders and they should be banned from calling AFL Football.
Yeah, MMM are woeful now
Shame, as they used to be my favourite station to listen to pre, during, and post game
3aw my favourite now

Agree with your take on mmm but I find Tony Leonard insufferable. His constant gasping for air drives me nuts!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back