SFNL div 2 - 2016

Who will take out the flag in 2016

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

No easy wins in this Division
No easy wins? Every comp has a top 3-4 weather its SFL or WRFL or even GFL The top thrive and the rest survive Its a s**t system But sometimes a rich person(Deer Park,Strathmore,Heildeberg,Abers etc etc even Marbi) comes along and that said club gets success Well thats great good in the short term But long term those clubs have issues
Success is a slow process

No easy wins? Every comp has a top 3-4 weather its SFL or WRFL or even GFL The top thrive and the rest survive Its a s**t system But sometimes a rich person(Deer Park,Strathmore,Heildeberg,Abers etc etc even Marbi) comes along and that said club gets success Well thats great good in the short term But long term those clubs have issues
Success is a slow process

You'll see ;) No big money clubs in SFL division 2 so no premierships will be bought next year, just a lot of teams that have worked hard for many years to get promoted to division 1 & a couple wanting to get back there quickly.

Port, keysie, Beena, Chelsea heights, Skye and Heatherton (with their recruiting), throw a blanket over them .... Hampton tough to beat at home. Caulfield surprise packet.

There's 8 teams that will try and squeeze into the final 5. Watch this space.
Oakleigh won their first premiership since 1958 last year after several years of making finals.

I wish Port all the best

Port Colts will go well in SFL div2. Hearing they are contacting many ex players to come back now they are in a more suitable competition. It's a shame they left the WRFL after many years, but it's probably going to be seen as a good move. I'm guessing some WRFL teams are relieved they no longer have to play Port Colts at Port. Lol
Good luck to Port.

PS: it would seem the travel is longer in the SFL as you need to travel to Keysbough, Black Rock etc..

Port Colts will go well in SFL div2. Hearing they are contacting many ex players to come back now they are in a more suitable competition. It's a shame they left the WRFL after many years, but it's probably going to be seen as a good move. I'm guessing some WRFL teams are relieved they no longer have to play Port Colts at Port. Lol
Good luck to Port.

PS: it would seem the travel is longer in the SFL as you need to travel to Keysbough, Black Rock etc..
It will be interesting blokes coming over with no reps and have to forge new respect So its like a shinny new car for the club. We have a few coming back and trying to recruit some fresh faces I think the south appeals to more players(more players we look to are from St Kilda Port etc) as the west comp is everyone playing for a distant 2nd, so its hard to attract players.
Also our juniors are in the Southern junior metro football league and parents want there kids to continue in that area so it works for us long term.
We are very excited about the SFL we came from there a few decades ago So some of our old blokes have a connection there
Cant wait for the season to come around sounds like an even comp and look forward to the day trip to Skye 2s Hack lol

For the first time in 20 years SFL is looking to be a very good proposition. Div 2 is by far the stand out competition and I can see quite a few rivalries forming over the next few years. Port Colts will add that extra spice to the competition. A bit of pressure on SKYE. I really thought that they would have been in Div 1 by now.

You'll see ;) No big money clubs in SFL division 2 so no premierships will be bought next year, just a lot of teams that have worked hard for many years to get promoted to division 1 & a couple wanting to get back there quickly.

Port, keysie, Beena, Chelsea heights, Skye and Heatherton (with their recruiting), throw a blanket over them .... Hampton tough to beat at home. Caulfield surprise packet.

There's 8 teams that will try and squeeze into the final 5. Watch this space.
Oakleigh won their first premiership since 1958 last year after several years of making finals.

I wish Port all the best
Thats good We have juniors that leave because we can't compete with the cash.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They have to travel distances regardless of the league that they play in! St. Kilda City have the same issues.

Keysborough Premiers

Day light 2nd
Have Keysie recruited well? Any news if Tyson King will play at some stage or has he retired?

Fact or fiction? The draw has been out for 6 weeks, bit late to change it now. Think you might be pulling our leg

Your source?
Hey mate I'm sure i replied to you Think it got taken down
We've recruited a few midfielders and got a few ex players back We are in the process of getting a big name ex players back that will be a massive plus for us and the comp
Probably like every club we are struggling to get a ruckman
We start back late Jan
Looking forward to 2016
What at the grounds like around the comp? With not much rain are grounds hard?

Hey mate I'm sure i replied to you Think it got taken down
We've recruited a few midfielders and got a few ex players back We are in the process of getting a big name ex players back that will be a massive plus for us and the comp
Probably like every club we are struggling to get a ruckman
We start back late Jan
Looking forward to 2016
What at the grounds like around the comp? With not much rain are grounds hard?

Grounds:
Chelsea Heights: decent size, resewn 2 years ago
Murrumbeena: postage stamp
Hampton: postage stamp
Springvale: full size
Skye: cow paddock in winter but apparently getting resewn
Black rock: postage stamp and really boggy in winter
Caulfield: small to medium
Keysborough: small to medium
Highett: wide ground can get boggy
Heatherton: medium sized

Was down at Chelsea Heights ground on the weekend watching cricket and it's fair to say it is in terrific condition! The resurfacing has come up a treat.

Great reply thanks mate
do the league have many feature games? Like Sundays, ANZAC, or Friday night games?
Also who are the rivals in this league Who are the teams people love to hate?

Back