SFNL div 2 - 2016

Who will take out the flag in 2016

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Browsing the fixture and noticed Hampton look as though they play the team coming off the bye each week.Just curious, if any one is aware of a reason/request/potential for this?

Browsing the fixture and noticed Hampton look as though they play the team coming off the bye each week.Just curious, if any one is aware of a reason/request/potential for this?

No, its just lazy fixturing, and completely unnecessary. It is easy enough to design a fixture that doesn't cycle like that. Should be a significant disadvantage to them by mid-late season. I remember one year playing each week against the sides that had just lost to the top side - they always seemed to be on the rebound.

A vile elbow to a YOUNG kids face resulting in 14 weeks suspension. Yes folks, 14 weeks!!. Any league suspending a player for 14 weeks has obviously seen that the act was a serious offence especially one when the game was over - and it happened to one of the youngest kid on the ground. SFNL officials and the crowd post game outside the rooms were sickened in watching this young kid being supported by his parents with a smashed face and barely Conscious as he headed off to hospital.

If Keysy or Goodes are now whinging about the effect his suspension has on his ability to coach during the 14 weeks then both are being demeaning to not only the tribunal and appeals committee, but more importantly to the player himself. Keysy and Goodes must understand that the SFNL footy community is sick of these violent acts especially against young kids entering our league. If Keysy or Goodes can't cop it then they should frig off back to the scum league they just came from.. Suck it up Goodes, pay the price and stop crying. Have you or the club had the descency of calling the kid to apologise??? The pretence of resigning after the game was a ploy for no report, well done all and SFNL in seeing through this. Go and have a 14 week rest Goodes, and Keysy rather than sit down with league officials, why not sit down as a responsible football club and work out how to rebuild some credibility with the league and its clubs

Last edited:
Any news on praccy matches?
Port Colts had a intra club last night 35 plus players It was a solid hit out We got to see some recruits and there was some impressive ones Also the players from last year seem to lift and feed off the new inclusions
It was a fast free flowing game not too much contact and umpiring was nearly nonexisointing hence the free flow game A few younger kids probably snuck into the best 22 last night

Port Colts had a intra club last night 35 plus players It was a solid hit out We got to see some recruits and there was some impressive ones Also the players from last year seem to lift and feed off the new inclusions
It was a fast free flowing game not too much contact and umpiring was nearly nonexisointing hence the free flow game A few younger kids probably snuck into the best 22 last night
We look forward to welcoming you down at Keysie footy ground on April 2nd Park Parkf00ty

Yes i work with Clinton King Im looking forward to that too How will we go against Murrumbeena?
Good first round hit I'm tipping They were runners up weren't they?
Great man Kingy, Murrumbeena had a well executed defensive game plan. Young CHF Ekberg-Weiss is going to be a star.

Great man Kingy, Murrumbeena had a well executed defensive game plan. Young CHF Ekberg-Weiss is going to be a star.
Hates a punt Kingy Tells me hes worshipped at Keyie
Did they finish 5th last year and make to the grand final? Thats a great effort must play like a unit to pull that off
What will Chelsea be like?

Hates a punt Kingy Tells me hes worshipped at Keyie
Did they finish 5th last year and make to the grand final? Thats a great effort must play like a unit to pull that off
What will Chelsea be like?
They finished 3rd last year, not sure on Chelsea Heights but the man mountain Phil Smith is going to be bloody hard to stop at full forward.

They finished 3rd last year, not sure on Chelsea Heights but the man mountain Phil Smith is going to be bloody hard to stop at full forward.
One of the most intimidating players I've come across, brilliant bloke but when it comes to winning the football you better hope he isn't trying to win it at the same time

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can anyone from Chelsea Heights confirm if Danny Casset ever played for the club?
I have him confirmed for 19 clubs but I cannot confirm a claim that he played for Chelsea Heights
He played at Port Colts One of the most interesting players we've seen lol

Can anyone from Chelsea Heights confirm if Danny Casset ever played for the club?
I have him confirmed for 19 clubs but I cannot confirm a claim that he played for Chelsea Heights

From my knowledge never played at Chelsea Heights......yes had a year at Chelsea in the MPNFL but not the Heights. Can you please make a list of all 19 clubs. I reckon I've got him at 14-15, but I'm sure I've missed a few.......a character of local footy!

From my knowledge never played at Chelsea Heights......yes had a year at Chelsea in the MPNFL but not the Heights. Can you please make a list of all 19 clubs. I reckon I've got him at 14-15, but I'm sure I've missed a few.......a character of local footy!
Is he still playing ? Or retired now?

Bayswater
Bonbeach
Bunyip
Catani
Chelsea
Chirnside Park
Clayton
Dandenong VFA
Doveton
Frankston VFA
Hampton Park
Moonee Valley
Mines Rovers (Kalgoorlie)
Parkmore
Port Melbourne Colts
Rennie
Scoresby
Silvan
St Kilda City
TOTAL CLUBS - 19

(Chelsea Heights ???)

Danny Casset played junior football in suburban Melbourne, but didn’t play the game between the ages of 16 and 19 until he played at Under 19 level for VFA club Dandenong. He played a handful of senior games for the Redlegs in 1990 before moving to rivals Frankston the following year. Whilst at the Dolphins, he spent time on the supplementary list at AFL club North Melbourne before Collingwood invited him to pre-season training. Casset walked away from the Magpies after just six weeks as he didn’t feel mentally ready to play at the highest level.

From there, Casset has spent most of his career at a swag of clubs in Melbourne’s east and south-east. A newspaper report in early 2015 credited Casset with 15 clubs, but this figure has actually been confirmed at 19. At the age of 43, he was playing at St.Kilda City in a return stint during the 2015 season.

Any way, how is everyone looking for season 2016 in div 2? Do we expect any surprises from clubs that have recruited well? Or will port colts and Chelsea heights be far too good coming from higher levels previous to div 2?

Bayswater
Bonbeach
Bunyip
Catani
Chelsea
Chirnside Park
Clayton
Dandenong VFA
Doveton
Frankston VFA
Hampton Park
Moonee Valley
Mines Rovers (Kalgoorlie)
Parkmore
Port Melbourne Colts
Rennie
Scoresby
Silvan
St Kilda City
TOTAL CLUBS - 19

(Chelsea Heights ???)

Danny Casset played junior football in suburban Melbourne, but didn’t play the game between the ages of 16 and 19 until he played at Under 19 level for VFA club Dandenong. He played a handful of senior games for the Redlegs in 1990 before moving to rivals Frankston the following year. Whilst at the Dolphins, he spent time on the supplementary list at AFL club North Melbourne before Collingwood invited him to pre-season training. Casset walked away from the Magpies after just six weeks as he didn’t feel mentally ready to play at the highest level.

From there, Casset has spent most of his career at a swag of clubs in Melbourne’s east and south-east. A newspaper report in early 2015 credited Casset with 15 clubs, but this figure has actually been confirmed at 19. At the age of 43, he was playing at St.Kilda City in a return stint during the 2015 season.

I don't think he played at Clayton??????

Highett smooth mover Jacob Duscher signed at Frankston dolphins big loss for the Bulldogs although some labeled him soft

G'day all,
Sorry to spam but Richmond Central's practice match on the 19th of March has been cancelled and we're on the lookout for an away game. If your team is looking for a game on the 19th and has access to a ground, please private message me and let me know.
Good luck for 2016

Back