Mega Thread Trade and List Management discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
season can't start soon enough for Libba I reckon

One of the really interesting things to watch - how he goes in a side that doesnt have Will Minson winning 40+ ho and winning all australian spot in a side that is not build for the repeated stoppage and contested ball like the mccartney side was. How he adapts to all thatw ill be interesting to watch.

I know I'm the minority but I'd happily take Jack Watts as a free agent. No idea what he might deliver but if he was on a moderate contract and didn't cost us a pick he would be worth the punt. I think he does some nice stuff and in a good team has the potential to be a good B-grader with some solid traits.

Tom Liberatore will be heavily selected in most AFL fantasy
teams this year and deservedly so. I will be interested how
his clearance output will be affected by the changes made
to the rules regarding ruck contests in terms of blocking.
I thought his injury last year gave us a chance to heavily
rotate and find avenues to goal that we previously had
not used eg (Mitch Wallis).The Libba role, the ruck set up
and the KPP set up plus adjusting the game plan and ball
movement hold the key to our season, can't wait.

Tom Liberatore will be heavily selected in most AFL fantasy
teams this year and deservedly so. I will be interested how
his clearance output will be affected by the changes made
to the rules regarding ruck contests in terms of blocking.
I thought his injury last year gave us a chance to heavily
rotate and find avenues to goal that we previously had
not used eg (Mitch Wallis).The Libba role, the ruck set up
and the KPP set up plus adjusting the game plan and ball
movement hold the key to our season, can't wait.

Pin him as a 'see ball, get ball' kinda player and not just a clearance King. I'm hopeful different set ups at stoppages around the ground and centre bounces make no difference.

His gut running will also help given the reduced number of interchanges.

Maybe his career follows someone like Sam Mitchell? Still a possession machine even though other guys are chipping in to clear it out.

I honestly reckon libba could be one of the best, most complete inside/out mids in the league (not expecting this straight away after a knee of course). He's just a well rounded player so with a little tweak in his role which will no doubt happen (cant see bev wanting a solely inside mid like Macca loved) he can go from a clearance king to out and out gun.

I mean he's brilliant through traffic and now we have the outside run to take advantage of his vision and elite hands. He's dual sided and his left boot can be a genuine weapon now he will have more space, more help in the clinches and most importantly more targets in front of him. He's one of the best players in the team (and probably league) defensively, he sticks tackles and makes them count, thats so important in our structure, a slipped tackle leads to goals with the way our backline sets up. People say he may not fit in with our new supposedly run n gun style but IMO he suits what we need perfectly, just makes all those runners so much more effective having him around.

Our midfield is going to be so ******* hard to match up on soon. Obviously we can do somw damage offensively with some really creative players going through that the opposition have to watch but with the likes of Libba, Dahl, Wallis, Stevens, Picken and even Bont getting gametime together this year those guys are all ridiculously hard at it and so good defensively. Every single touch the opposition get they will have to work for and thats not something we've always been able to say.

Our midfield is going to be so ******* hard to match up on soon. Obviously we can do somw damage offensively with some really creative players going through that the opposition have to watch but with the likes of Libba, Dahl, Wallis, Stevens, Picken and even Bont getting gametime together this year those guys are all ridiculously hard at it and so good defensively. Every single touch the opposition get they will have to work for and thats not something we've always been able to say.

I've heard that Macrae fellow might be OK too.

I know I'm the minority but I'd happily take Jack Watts as a free agent. No idea what he might deliver but if he was on a moderate contract and didn't cost us a pick he would be worth the punt. I think he does some nice stuff and in a good team has the potential to be a good B-grader with some solid traits.

You know what , so would I.
I suspect you and me are about to cop it !:eek:

Lucky you have so many credits in the bank KH.........dude, seriously.

Ok Fronk , give me a slapping. Not sure what I was thinking.
But I am seduced by his ability ,can't help think in another environment he just might come good.

His asking price would most likely have me think about it for a nano second . And spots on our list for a year or two will be very tight.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Libba doesnt have quite as good hands and movement through traffic as the bont and cripps, but his burrowing, ground level work to get first hands on the ball and clear it is the best in the league, along with his manic tackling if he doesnt win it. He is a better kick than Cripps by a fair margin.

I think Libbas main area of improvement will be negotiating heavy traffic on his feet. He has a tendency to slam it on the boot when things are very tight and he hasnt spotted someone, whereas a Cripps or Bont would wear the tackle and use their height and vision to get a well directed overhead handball away.

Why
Why
Why
Why
God
No

I see watts train and play most weeks
Its a no from me

Watching Jack Watts move around the field is like watching a
performance of swan lake at the ballet, it's a pity we play
AFL football. If Watts was a free hit as a free agent i would
love to see him exposed to a different system he still has time
on his side unlike the vast majority of the free agent list.

I heard on SEN early this morning that we are one of 11 clubs who are nearing our luxury tax and its resulted in us missing out on scouting and interviewing this years crop of AIS Academy players. Not sure how we have got to the luxury tax but pretty dissapointing on missing out on getting an edge on our opposition recruiters. I wonder if this will effect us scouting players later in the year too?
Did anyone else here this on morning glory ?

Libba doesnt have quite as good hands and movement through traffic as the bont and cripps, but his burrowing, ground level work to get first hands on the ball and clear it is the best in the league, along with his manic tackling if he doesnt win it. He is a better kick than Cripps by a fair margin.

I think Libbas main area of improvement will be negotiating heavy traffic on his feet. He has a tendency to slam it on the boot when things are very tight and he hasnt spotted someone, whereas a Cripps or Bont would wear the tackle and use their height and vision to get a well directed overhead handball away.

Man you trippin. Libba has golden hands.

I've heard that Macrae fellow might be OK too.
I love Macrae as a player but my post was more referring to the defensive side of things and while he has definitely improved that side of his game hugely I still probably wouldnt have him with those other guys I named, definitely getting there though.

I think it's just as much on Melbourne, they don't want him to be seen as an utter dud so they want to keep him until he plays well. Did you know that he has played 115 games so far? He has played 20 more games than Easton Wood and only has one more brownlow vote to show for it. Bontempelli has only played 37 games but he has doubled Watts career brownlow votes and only has 50 less goals than him. His most tackles in a season was 58, 3 more than what Bontempelli got in his debut season from six less games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back