Damaged Reps in the Media/Journalistic Domain.

Remove this Banner Ad

Baker & Mckenzie have not departed the story as they are crime reporters.
They have the info and it involves bikies, doctors & physio ( some who have been struck off) clinics in Moonee Ponds & South Yarra . Funding of AOD as drug company on the stock exchange it is huge.
Hence why the AFL & Essendon are seeking costs against Hal Hunter to kill it as a story.
It's been all about minimizing the collateral damage if Hunter wins watch it explode.
Agree Triple.

Not only are they attempting to quash the full story, but in my view, they also are putting the frighteners
on the 34.

Take legal action at your peril.

Bullies to the sad end of this fiasco.

It's typical of the AFL industry. They have all these rules on paper to have the look of integrity and all, but when it comes to enforcing them, they'll find ways to get around it.

Club leadership rules are written for the average player, not the stars.
Lawyers and "business" men.

WOW that was painful to listen to.

He said Warnie shouldn't have been rubbed out for his diaretic. He said essendon weren't found guilty of anything illegal and worst of all he pretty much called the CAS corrupt and that they are just there to keep WADA relevant. He was ranting big time. what an absolute moron. I bet these thoughts are the same with a lot of old fossils in the AFL. They want the rules to apply but not to them.

Football clubs, at every level, are so hung up on appointing ex-players with a supposed "profile" rather than competence and business experience. For the most part, they have barely any credentials that qualify them for administrative positions, having done nothing, except, 'play footy.' Clubs fall for them all the time....and then are left bewildered at the trail of illogical decisions they leave behind.

Football clubs, at every level, are so hung up on appointing ex-players with a supposed "profile" rather than competence and business experience. For the most part, they have barely any credentials that qualify them for administrative positions, having done nothing, except, 'play footy.' Clubs fall for them all the time....and then are left bewildered at the trail of illogical decisions they leave behind.
Speak for yourself... we'd never do that at Carlton. :rolleyes:

Speak for yourself... we'd never do that at Carlton. :rolleyes:

Was speaking in a general sense. Adelaide supporters will, no doubt, howl me down, but, I happen to think the Stephen Trigg is pretty good at what he does. Yea, he stuffed up big time on one occasion, but, for the most part he's an O.K sort of guy.

Was speaking in a general sense. Adelaide supporters will, no doubt, howl me down, but, I happen to think the Stephen Trigg is pretty good at what he does. Yea, he stuffed up big time on one occasion, but, for the most part he's an O.K sort of guy.
Thanks for taking me seriously, but really I was making light of the fact that, up until recently, we've been the quintessential boys club.

And yes, I think Trigg is working out quite well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ro-Ro called someone a C#$#smoker on twitter and Chris replied that it was a homophobic slur. Not sure how Ro-Ro can defend that one.

Yeah. He really can't. He should just STFU and let that one slide. Not to mention the other 4000 people that implied exactly the same thing before Chris said a word.

Maybe RoCo is covered under Essendon's insurance policy and wants to throw away dollars

Hey Ro-han,you are a George Pell like character.
Anything you say is disregarded as sludge.
You're a Shane Warne like charity.

I didn't even reply to him, just made the general comment about the term @ nobody. Pretty unobjectionable, I would have thought.
Let him take you on in a defamation/slander type legal sense.

You'd be the US military, he'd be armed with a water pistol.

I reckon my George Pell one a few years ago was more offensive than this (Halloween 2013) effort.
Yep, there is some pretty cringeworthy stuff on Twitter. I remember a young chap a year or so ago, might have even been a law student, spying on the erotica a lady was reading on her iPad on the tram and then breathlessly telling all of his followers on Twitter about it. Funny stuff.

#peopleinglasshouses

Last edited:
Yep there is some pretty cringeworthy stuff on Twitter. I remember a young chap a year or ago, might have even been a law student, spying on what a lady was reading on her iPad on the tram and then breatlessley telling all of his followers on Twitter about it. Funny stuff.

#peopleinglasshouses

You are ok Tesla,good to know.You have been absent from around here lately.

Have you cleaned all the egg off your face yet or still going.

You are ok Tesla,good to know.You have been absent from around here lately.

Have you cleaned all the egg off your face yet or still going.
Armchair, I accepted the cas decision pretty much the day it was handed down as I suggested I would and have largely moved on. I am pleased to see the likes of you in here still, it's comforting. I still struggle with the disparity between the afl tribunal and cas but that is something I will pursue solo so I am not asking for any input. Othewise all good thanks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back