GWS def Essendon by 30
Sydney def WB by 11

GWS def Sydney by 69

Norm Smith: Rory Lobb
Brownlow: Patrick Dangerfield
Rising Star: Aaron Francis
Coleman: Jeremy Cameron (83)

]

They are a chance. Of course they a chance, and you're being ignorant to suggest it can't happen.
Imo out of the top 4/5 (however you see top 4/5), teams who are a chance to drop back out of the eight in order

1. Hawks (2 best mids gone including a stack of leadership, likely finish somewhere in the middle 6)
2. Cats (Bartel and Enright retiring are massive also, always play well at home though so just ahead of Hawks)
3. Swans (Titchell leaving and more depth types in Nankervis, McGlynn and Richards x2 out/retiring hurts depth imo, need to keep topliners fit all year like this year)
4. Dogs (amazing depth shown by VFL premiership win also, only a flag hangover/heaps more injuries will stop us from missing finals)
5. GWS (similar to the Dogs, great depth to call upon, better spread of tall forwards sees them just ahead of us)

Last edited:
Why are Freo going to come good?
Probably has something to do with getting Fyfe, Johnson, Sandi and A Pearce back and adding Bennell, McCarthy, Hill, Hamling and Kersten to the team and having another preseason into the likes of Weller, Blakely, Tucker, Langdon and co.

Could be mistaken though.

The Dogs copped massive injuries this year and still made the finals. And we all know what happened next. Most likely will be top 4 next year I think with Crameri coming back in, but at the very least they'll make finals. Only question mark I have over them is that they've lost a little bit of their depth in defence and midfield.

Here it is:

1. GWS
2. Adelaide
3. Western Bulldogs
4. West Coast
5. Geelong
6. Hawthorn
7. Melbourne
8. Sydney
9. Collingwood
10 Essendon
11. Fremantle
12. Carlton
13. St.Kilda
14. North Melbourne
15. Richmond
16. Port Adelaide
17. Gold Coast
18. Brisbane

After losing Jarryd Lyons (a vanilla but best-22 mid) for bugger-all, failing to secure Gibbs and worryingly likely to give many games to the pointless Mackay, Douglas and Thompson, the chances of Adelaide making the top 4 just got lower. To an extent, Pyke's game plan has been found out too.

Freo will probably move up a few spots, but I doubt they'll make the eight.

Brisbane will not win the spoon. They are guaranteed at least a small 'new coach bounce', and teams tend not to win two spoons consecutively.

Geelong have run their race for the time being. They've just lost two absolute champions who have bowed out 'while they were ahead' - Enright in an All-Australian year. Dangerfield is set to lose more support as players like Mackie fade. No way will they compete with the likes of Sydney.

The teams to beat will be Sydney, GWS, and the Bulldogs. All with plenty of young players and tons of class, and none of them have any reason to drop off.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

GWS
Sydney
WCE
St Kilda
Bulldogs
Adelaide
Melbourne
Fremantle
----------
Geelong
Hawthorn
Collingwood
Essendon
North Melbourne
Richmond
Carlton
Port Adelaide
Gold Coast
Brisbane

Probably has something to do with getting Fyfe, Johnson, Sandi and A Pearce back and adding Bennell, McCarthy, Hill, Hamling and Kersten to the team and having another preseason into the likes of Weller, Blakely, Tucker, Langdon and co.

Could be mistaken though.
People have short memories. They were Fitzroy level bad this year. It's a long road back. A couple of kids and a 34 year old ruck man won't make a difference. Bottom 4 for mine.

After losing Jarryd Lyons (a vanilla but best-22 mid) for bugger-all, failing to secure Gibbs and worryingly likely to give many games to the pointless Mackay, Douglas and Thompson, the chances of Adelaide making the top 4 just got lower. To an extent, Pyke's game plan has been found out too.

Freo will probably move up a few spots, but I doubt they'll make the eight.

Brisbane will not win the spoon. They are guaranteed at least a small 'new coach bounce', and teams tend not to win two spoons consecutively.

Geelong have run their race for the time being. They've just lost two absolute champions who have bowed out 'while they were ahead' - Enright in an All-Australian year. Dangerfield is set to lose more support as players like Mackie fade. No way will they compete with the likes of Sydney.

The teams to beat will be Sydney, GWS, and the Bulldogs. All with plenty of young players and tons of class, and none of them have any reason to drop off.
Im not too sure, you guys missed out by 1 game last year and your FWD line is best in the comp by a long way.

Yeah your depth will be well and truly tested by no more so than Geelong, Hawthorn or Sydney.

Up and coming teams will need the best 22 fit and firing also. Melbourne, Collingwood, Essendon.

GWS, Bulldogs are really the only 2 locks for top 4.

raffle off: Adelaide, West Coast, Geelong, Hawthorn, Sydney, Melbourne, Collingwood, Essendon.

Injuries and Fixture will decide the fate of that group.

But pros vs cons i think Adl's fwd line will make them the hardest to beat up and going.

Yeah, especially when Essendon won the spoon this year. By the way, North will play finals next year, bookmark it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I like your optimism Wazza. North are the team that I really can't place. Personally I don't see them improving too much but moving some entrenched senior players on may help others increase their ownership on what you are trying to achieve.
Not sure about Williams and Black though.

1. West Coast
2. GWS
3. Geelong
4. Adelaide
5. Sydney
6. St Kilda
7. Bulldogs
8. Melbourne

Qualifying finals
WCE v Adelaide - WCE
GWS v Geelong - Geelong
Elimination Finals
Sydney v Melbourne - Sydney
St Kilda v Bulldogs - St Kilda
Semi Finals
Adelaide v Sydney - Adelaide
GWS v St Kilda - GWS
Preliminary Finals
WCE v GWS - WCE
Geelong v Adelaide - Geelong

Grand Final
WCE v Geelong - WCE
Nah you mucked that big time. See, you think the end of season bye was the reason we are Premiers after finishing 7th, now you have us losing in the 1st week of the finals after the bye and finishing 7th. Explain why we couldn't do the same next year? Since we obviously aren't a very strong team and all?
Personally I think, we finish 7th again post H&A, we win- it's the one thing we have proven.

GWS
So much improvement to come and lots of draft picks

SYDNEY
Youngish list. Still more improvement to come.

HAWTHORN
Will hopefully nail trade week, inject some great players. Still have a bunch of great older players playing on.

WEST COAST
Still have a good list age profile + wins at home.

WESTERN BULLDOGS
Harder draw, somewhat overachieved this year in an ultra close finals series. Still very hard to beat.

COLLINGWOOD
If they recruit older top ups, I expect them to do better in the short term.

ADELAIDE
Best forward line. Hard to beat. But question marks on Pyke's tactical expertise (as continually remarked on the ADELAIDE BF board)

FREMANTLE - Wild card if two or three kids show something + good trade period.

GEELONG
No soft draw in 2017

RICHMOND
-

PORT ADELAIDE
I don't even know

MELBOURNE
Continue to tease fans. Big upsets and big failures.

GOLD COAST
Fitness department will cause another season of injuries. Surely fool me three times shame on them.

ESSENDON
A year out for their best players.

ST KILDA
Not quite sold on Richo

NORTH MELBOURNE
Probably have them too low. Definitely bottom 4.

CARLTON
Overachieved this year with new coach, some pain ahead with an older list.

BRISBANE
Stop playing such young teams. Surely you want to win a bit.
Lold at the hawthorn part

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back