Player Watch 2024 Brownlow Medal Predictions

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
I'm going with Noah Anderson of the Suns

Gold Coast should be aiming for their inaugural finals debut next season under Dimma, and Noah is now a proven vote getter (such as this season's count proved) and I really don't see many of his talented teammates taking votes away from him, although Touk Miller came close 2 years ago)

Obviously Nick Daicos will be up there again, Jordan Dawson from the Crows too, but I have rated Noah Anderson very highly for a couple of years now and I think the umpires now do too.

1) Marcus Bontempelli
2) Nick Daicos
3) Lachie Neale
4) Errol Gulden
5) Jai Newcombe

Despite how good Bontempelli is for some reason he just can't win the Brownlow. Not entirely sure why as he plays in a position which in theory can nab him a brownlow.
it's a weird one.. he was much better than Neale last season and deserved to win it despite the dogs having a poor season..i think the Dogs will bounce back next season which should see Bont take his game to another level (hard to believe considering how good he already is).

Despite how good Bontempelli is for some reason he just can't win the Brownlow. Not entirely sure why as he plays in a position which in theory can nab him a brownlow.
He's definately been unlucky, especially this year. I reckon if he comes close to matching this year next year, he will win it.

Players that are considered unlucky not to win are often given charitable votes the following year. In fact, we saw that this year with Neale (who was favourite last year and Cripps was very lucky with the tribunral, etc.). This year, Bont was the favourite and is considered unlucky so I reckon he'll get the 50/50 and less likely votes next season. There's a prety long history of it.

Nick Daicos

And after the far fetched count last season I honestly couldn't care less anymore. It's rigged to the rafters.

Priddis was robbed in 2015 of going b2b.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sam Walsh on 47 votes.

Easy money.

Clayton Oliver. Currently the best player in the league, and will have something to prove.

Sam Walsh
Nick Daicos
Marcus Bontempelli
Errol Gulden
Zak Butters
Connor Rozee
Noah Anderson
Christian Petracca

No particular order, all are chances.

• Walsh has had a 30 vote season before, and is coming off the finals MVP
  • Nick would've won it had he not got injured
  • Marcus should've won it this year
  • Errol is a superstar, probably the best winger in the competition
  • Zak's best is sublime. He doesn't need 30 to dominate a game.
  • Rozee is a stereotypical Brownlow medalist, a goalkicking mid who wins inside footy
  • Noah Anderson would probably have won it had the Suns won 3-4 more games
  • Christian Petracca is again another player who would've been a worthy winner this year

It's tough playing with so many other guns, but surely Tom Green gets 30 votes this year

Sam Walsh
Nick Daicos
Marcus Bontempelli
Errol Gulden
Zak Butters
Connor Rozee
Noah Anderson
Christian Petracca

No particular order, all are chances.

• Walsh has had a 30 vote season before, and is coming off the finals MVP
  • Nick would've won it had he not got injured
  • Marcus should've won it this year
  • Errol is a superstar, probably the best winger in the competition
  • Zak's best is sublime. He doesn't need 30 to dominate a game.
  • Rozee is a stereotypical Brownlow medalist, a goalkicking mid who wins inside footy
  • Noah Anderson would probably have won it had the Suns won 3-4 more games
  • Christian Petracca is again another player who would've been a worthy winner this year
I hate the "no particular order" posts - sack up and name one.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back