2024 Ladder Predictions

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't write Sydney off, but yeah they're the best two teams by a big margin.

Would be great to see Grundy snag a flag.
Don't know how he was thought of at Collingwood by team mates but every time a Swans Player is Interviewed asking how Grundy is impacting their season everyone of them quickly divert from On Field To declare what a great person he is. Can't remember who it was last week said the same but also added he is giving some of the young fellas different perspectives on things other than footy being the different cat he is.

Good post - re your comments

And even your side 50-1 - i reckon that is overs - in the sense the odds when they put them up to make the 8 might be quite attractive - you had 1 really bad game - the loss to Bris at the Gabba - but apart from that - the rest were allright

I think it is an exciting/interesting comp at the moment - in the sense there are alot of sides - you just dont know what is going to happen - look at Hawthorn they beat the Premiers late in the season

Im very keen on the Crows - i watched that latest showdown and they annihilated Port Ade

Collingwood
Adelaide
Melb
GWS
Swans
Frem
Port
StKilda

I left the Bris Lions out of my top 8 , thats what you call football nous !!!

The others i selected are going all right , bar the Crows . Mick Dittman needs to give the Crows a hit with the persuader

I still think Brisbane and Collingwood will make it.

Too much quality.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Quality didn't help Geelong last year and Sydney were one umpiring decision away from finishing 10th as well.

Maybe 1 or the other, but I imagine it's rare for 2 teams to come back from 0-3 in the same season.

Quality didn't help Geelong last year and Sydney were one umpiring decision away from finishing 10th as well.

Maybe 1 or the other, but I imagine it's rare for 2 teams to come back from 0-3 in the same season.
true. this year so far seems like there will be some flaky teams up top ready to be taken down at the pointy end.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Brisbane - Can see them losing maybe 3 games
Collingwood - Won't lost at the G - Guarantees 15+ wins
GWS - The Orange Tsunami will continue
Carlton - Will be more consistent

Geelong - Easier Draw for the 1st time in half a decade - 9 games at KP
Port Adelaide - Finals or Bust for Hinkley
Sydney - Grundy will dominate
Melbourne - To much quality to miss finals

Gold Coast - They'll finish 9th under Hardwick
Adelaide - Possibly the most difficult club to place in terms of development
Western Bulldogs - Bevridge Gone Mid Season
St.Kilda - Is the list good enough to play finals with a harder draw
Fremantle - Do they know what sort of team they are
Richmond - Will they struggle of Lynch isn't the player he once was
Hawthorn -Another 20 games into that list - 2025 should be finals
Essendon - Days without winning a final win extend to 7000+
North Melbourne -Development is the Key
West Coast - As with North Development is the Key
Love the disrespect from so many on Fremantle. And yes we so know what team we are. Serong and Jackson two of 2024s best players so far.

Febrd3
GWSGWS
BrisbanePort
MelbourneMelbourne
PortCarlton
FreoFreo
PiesSydney
CarltonFreo
GCPies
GeelongSt Kilda
St KildaGeelong
SydneyBrisbane
NorthBulldogs
BulldogsGC
RichmondRichmond
EssendonEssendon
HawthornAdelaide
AdelaideHawthorn
West CoastWest Coast
Oops Pies and below up one spot, North on 15th

Is there an easy way to find your prior posts in this thread?

I know i had Carlton #1 but keen to see what order I had the other 17 losers in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Search, by this thread, then posts by user

Fremantle at 15th
You should feel bad

Looks pretty good except for Brisbane and Adelaide who are both playing like bottom 4 sides.

Fremantle are not a good football side.. they’ll be out of the 8 in a month.

Looks pretty good except for Brisbane and Adelaide who are both playing like bottom 4 sides.

Fremantle are not a good football side.. they’ll be out of the 8 in a month.
Have to disagree
Freo will be 5-10 range

Geelong only had 3 guys play the entire season. We were ****ed with injuries.

Full strength in 2023 smashed Sydney by 90 points and Dons by similar.

Yeah, but you were also much better in 2022 than either Pies or Lions last year.

The injuries cost you games you might otherwise have won. Pies and Lions lost them for other reasons, but it's the same effect and possibly worse.

You are complaining about injuries and you try reason by using smashing Sydney by 90 points ? Irony ? Sydney were decimated by injury at that stage and had not one key defender on the ground for starters. Oh ! Yes they did Callum Mills playing on Hawkins :rolleyes:

You are complaining about injuries and you try reason by using smashing Sydney by 90 points ? Irony ? Sydney were decimated by injury at that stage and had not one key defender on the ground for starters. Oh ! Yes they did Callum Mills playing on Hawkins :rolleyes:
I didn’t say Sydney didn’t have injuries. I’m saying if the Cats went from 16 in a row and winning a Grand Final to finishing 12th there’s probably a lot going on there. When they had full strength sides or close to it they thumped teams similar to 2022. It quickly went away once guys got hurt almost immediately.

Was hilarious to see people writing us off before this season began. Same with Swans. I had Swans making the GF in my prediction and right now it’s looking real good.

I didn’t say Sydney didn’t have injuries. I’m saying if the Cats went from 16 in a row and winning a Grand Final to finishing 12th there’s probably a lot going on there. When they had full strength sides or close to it they thumped teams similar to 2022. It quickly went away once guys got hurt almost immediately.

Was hilarious to see people writing us off before this season began. Same with Swans. I had Swans making the GF in my prediction and right now it’s looking real good.
Tbf you have beaten an ok Saints team by 10 points and a s**t Crows team by e goals. Let's cool the jets on getting carried away

Sent from my SM-S908E using Tapatalk

Tbf you have beaten an ok Saints team by 10 points and a s**t Crows team by e goals. Let's cool the jets on getting carried away

Sent from my SM-S908E using Tapatalk
There have been a lot of predictions in here of Geelong finishing around 14th though. They could still be proven right of course.

The most one eyed of Geelong supporters have merely stated they expect to be in the pack pushing for finals. With others faltering it's been an okay start.

Injuries permitting Geelong will play finals.

Plenty of spots freeing up with Brisbane, St Kilda and Adelaide all playing horrible.

Fremantle and Essendon won’t last either.

The bottom half of the 8 is going to have some very ordinary sides this year.

Easy kills for the real flag contenders.

Injuries permitting Geelong will play finals.

Plenty of spots freeing up with Brisbane, St Kilda and Adelaide all playing horrible.

Fremantle and Essendon won’t last either.

The bottom half of the 8 is going to have some very ordinary sides this year.

Easy kills for the real flag contenders.
Brisbane and Pies would have been a lock most top8 predictions, with Saints and Crows featuring heavily. All 4 have a real question mark on them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back