2024 Brownlow Medal Predictions?

Remove this Banner Ad

Nick daicos if he plays 20+ games..he will play more midfield next season and take his game to another level. Closest to GAJ we’ve seen.

Others that can win it:

Sam Walsh- hopefully he can stay fit. A rolls Royce midfielder already and still so young. Proven vote getter.

Errol Gulden- a clear stand out in a side that will win 12+ games next season. Still young and will only get better. Was stiff not to win it this season

Bont- no one deserves one more than him. Is the best player in the AFL imo

Lachie Neale- had no right to win it this season, especially over Bontempelli. The Lions will be top 2 again, so will be a chance

Nick daicos if he plays 20+ games..he will play more midfield next season and take his game to another level. Closest to GAJ we’ve seen.
GAJ was untaggable. Daicos is anything but. Few taggable mids have ever won the brownlow.

If he plays more mid he will get more attention.

GAJ was untaggable. Daicos is anything but. Few taggable mids have ever won the brownlow.

If he plays more mid he will get more attention.

Other than us with Finn Maginness, who may not even be in our best 22 next season what other clubs use a “hard tagger”? The majority of other clubs back their midfielders to go head to head.

Nick has the ability to play half back and go forward as well. He would easily kick 40+ goals as a small forward if he played there permanently.

Also, last season was only his second season in the AFL and he would have won the brownlow had he not got injured. it took GAJ 4 -5 years before he broke out.

Nick isn’t even close to reaching his peak.

I don’t think Gaz was ”untaggable” in his second season

Also being untaggable isn't just about skill, though it helps, it is also about a core strength that a lot of players can't reach. Being untaggable means no player of a similar size can bump you off the ball, and it is really hard to tackle them, neither of which are really traits related to skill, we just notice it more with the skillful players because they can use that weapon more effectively than a player who doesn't get the ball much and butchers it when they do.

Other than us with Finn Maginness, who may not even be in our best 22 next season what other clubs use a “hard tagger”? The majority of other clubs back their midfielders to go head to head.
Agreed. I simply don't understand why clubs don't tag any more. Clearly I am wrong because how could I know more than 18 afl senior coaches,but tagging just seems like such an effective use of resources to me.

Find a powerful aerobic athlete with limited skills from the vfl on minimum wage and lock down a guy on a million a year from the opposing team. What is not to like about that equation?

Just seems obvious (I realise teams use team defences these days and there is a price to losing a man to a singular duty like tagging, but even so, it just makes so much sense to me). Show me a good club that doesn't have at least one elite player you could effectively tag out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also being untaggable isn't just about skill, though it helps, it is also about a core strength that a lot of players can't reach. Being untaggable means no player of a similar size can bump you off the ball, and it is really hard to tackle them, neither of which are really traits related to skill, we just notice it more with the skillful players because they can use that weapon more effectively than a player who doesn't get the ball much and butchers it when they do.
He got some great assistance from that Geelong midfield at stoppages as expected which makes his Gold Coast Browmlow even more remarkable. If Daicos has anywhere near the resume of Gaz when he’s done well be happy

He has stacks of time and is an absolute gun. Mostly I am just surprised he isn't more closely marked. Afl coaches seem to respect him less than ordinary BF fans like us.
McInnes done the number after Adelaide and Sydney had a go. Something he’ll work through

He got some great assistance from that Geelong midfield at stoppages as expected which makes his Gold Coast Browmlow even more remarkable. If Daicos has anywhere near the resume of Gaz when he’s done well be happy

Same with Gulden.

Though Gulden is never going to be the sort of player who can break tackles like Ablett could, he needs to use his smarts to find space. Not sure about Daicos to be honest as while I have watched plenty of Collingwood games I have not watched Daicos close enough to really get a reading on if he is the sort of player who can one day break tackles like Ablett could, or if he will be more like Gulden and need to use his smarts to find space.

Same with Gulden.

Though Gulden is never going to be the sort of player who can break tackles like Ablett could, he needs to use his smarts to find space. Not sure about Daicos to be honest as while I have watched plenty of Collingwood games I have not watched Daicos close enough to really get a reading on if he is the sort of player who can one day break tackles like Ablett could, or if he will be more like Gulden and need to use his smarts to find space.
Nicks not really big enough yet to be throwing his weight around so he gets on his bike away from stoppages. More evasive than a midfield bull. “Soft” I think people call it. 😂

Nicks not really big enough yet to be throwing his weight around so he gets on his bike away from stoppages. More evasive than a midfield bull. “Soft” I think people call it. 😂

And Gulden is likely too short. He can slip tackles, but I don't think he will ever be big enough to consistently brush them off like Ablett could.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back